Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

November CET

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Gonna be a stonking warm and wet month I think. :wallbash:

8.1c

please may I adjust mine down to 7.2c as it looking slightly cooler now. :good:

Posted

Had better get my guess in! With the possibility of a cold second half I think I'll go for a near average 7.0C.

Ta

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Its going to be a wobbly one , hard to get spot on i think, because of mixed month...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Next 4-5 days look like being above 10C, then it looks like a 4 day cool snap. So perhaps a tad above average by the 1/3rd mark.

4 day?

Looks more like 2 days with any Northerly airflow quickly being replaced with SW.

Posted

4 day?

Looks more like 2 days with any Northerly airflow quickly being replaced with SW.

The 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th - all look below average to me.

Maybe we are interpreting the models in different ways.

Also i can see winds from most vectors throughout the 0z run (i assume this is the one you base your comments on) but hardly any south westerlys

Edited by Stu_London

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Also i can see winds from most vectors throughout the 0z run (i assume this is the one you base your comments on) but hardly any south westerlys

GFS6z would have the 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th reporting below average values with the CET probably being knocked back to around 8.5C by the 10th.

Posted

The 06z had winds from the SW at T+123 hours (8th November) That was when the Northerly airflow was cut off.

Posted

The 06z had winds from the SW at T+123 hours (8th November) That was when the Northerly airflow was cut off.

OK thanks for clearing that up

can you tell me where I can access the 06z at 08.40am. I'm sure other would like this information also

Posted

OK thanks for clearing that up

can you tell me where I can access the 06z at 08.40am. I'm sure other would like this information also

Not too hot on viewing past charts, someone like TWS will have to get them for you.

Unsure where to find them, sorry. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

11.4C to the 3rd

http://hadobs.metoffice.com/hadcet/cet_info_mean.html

Yesterday came in at 12.6C. Minimum for today is 10.5C and maxima look over 16C so an increase to 11.9C looks reasonable enough for tomorrow. Another mild night tonight and mild day tomorrow will have the CET up to around 12.2 or 12.3C to the 5th.

Going by the 06z GFS, we'll be at 11.5C to the 6th, 9.8C to the 8th and 9.0C to the 10th

Posted

One little titbit, people tend to remember November 1996 for that snow event and the wintry latter half to it. What is often forgotten is just how very mild it started off. The 3rd of November 1996 was one of the mildest CET days ever recorded for November.

CET by the 6th was 12.2C and ended up as 5.9C

Edited by Mr_Data

Posted

I believe that November 2005 had the CET above 12C to the 12th and finished on 5.9C, so an amazing drop, the second half of November averaged just 1.6C.

GFS12z extends the cool period from the 6th to include the 11th as well, however the 8th and 9th would most likely stay steady due to high minima. It is important to note that the CET can continue to fall so long as upper air temperatures stay cool, so despite a SW feed, it can still be cool ahead of the warm front.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Only a brief cool snap coming up before mild from mid week, so CET may not take such a hammering in the coming days, and should still be well above average come mid month.

Posted

Only a brief cool snap coming up before mild from mid week, so CET may not take such a hammering in the coming days, and should still be well above average come mid month.

Mmm nothing exceptionally mild on the horizon - in the north very much near or at average, and the south maxima probably only around 10-12 later next week (Wed looks quite cold), however, it will be mins which will help maintain the high CET I feel with no sign of any particularly cold nights on the cards. Still believe a much colder second half will help bring the eventual CET down close to average.