Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

November CET

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Hi guys 7.4C for me.

Very mid start then turning gradually colder, but not quite back to average .

Posted

I'm going to wait till the end of the month

Many forecasts for Nov have been suggesting a cold month - my inclination is that it will be a month which gets progressively colder and colder similiar to 2005 and 2008 but that is all I am saying for now. God forbid we see a repeat of the disasterous conditions of last November. Mild in Nov normally means copious rain..

I know exactly what you are saying in this post but it still made me smile....as far as I'm away all novembers get progressively colder and colder. Haha but i know exactly what your on about just me being a silly.

Hope your right with your CET shout..

Matt

Posted

I know exactly what you are saying in this post but it still made me smile....as far as I'm away all novembers get progressively colder and colder. Haha but i know exactly what your on about just me being a silly.

Hope your right with your CET shout..

Matt

Yes November does tend to be a month which gets colder and colder on average , the last week is often quite a bit colder than the first, however, it is also a month which it is notoriously difficult to see a signficant lengthy spell of cold weather. Perhaps I should have said I can see the latter part of the month being significantly colder than the first part with a major pattern change before the middle of the month.

Recent examples of this occured in 2005 and to a lesser extent 2008, however, the majority of recent Novembers have seen persistant mild weather - last year being very mild indeed. Those bemoaning the prospects of a wet mild November - many suddenly saying this based on the current outlook (people never learn it seems..) only needs to refer back to last year and 1978, two of the warmest Novembers of the last century preceeded two of our coldest winters...

Posted

Hi Folks

I've never had an offical go at this but what the heck lets give it a go, I'm thinking high 6's or low 7's. I think it depends how long will this Atlantic spell last and how quickly will temps drop once the pattern changes, i'll go for a fence sitting 6.8C for my first estimate, and the real cold stuff to make an appearance in December...

Cheers

FC

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

5.9C: Gavin P

5.9C: Terminal Moraine

6.1C: Steve B

6.2C: Adam Jones 416

6.3C: Scott 3108

6.4C: Snowstorm 1

6.5C: Ben_Cambs

6.7C: Isolated Frost

6.8C: Stu_London

7.1C: Pete Tattum

7.2C: Shaun Wales

7.2C: Radiating Dendrite

7.4C: Summer Blizzard

7.5C: Mr Data

7.6C: Milhouse

Done to bottom of page 1.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and lots of Heavy snow!

6.5c please depending on how long this Atlantic driven spell lasts, I think despite this we could see a colder second half, like what happened in October maybe with a higher risk of some snow??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

What an interesting range..

Edited by nimbilus

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

What an interesting range..

It seems most think that an Atlantic first-half is likely, with milder than average temperatures, I'd think that the guesses are based on how cold the second half is, and if people think the systems will take a turn for the cold.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

7.1c for me please.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

7.3c

With 35 'winters over comments ', as we hit a South Westerly defacto first 3 weeks. Colder last week of November