Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

November CET

Posted

The coldest final week in November (before this year) was -0.4C back in 1787.

The next coldest was -0.3C in 1923.

This year the final week came in at -1.1C.

Record smashed.

Kentish Kiwi, I think this sums it up...

Posted
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand

Kentish Kiwi, I think this sums it up...

Possibly, but isn't that only the coldest 'last' week of November, not the overall coldest week of the month on record? Or is it just a given that the coldest last week will be the coldest of all the weeks on record?

Posted

Possibly, but isn't that only the coldest 'last' week of November, not the overall coldest week of the month on record? Or is it just a given that the coldest last week will be the coldest of all the weeks on record?

Good question.

In fact I have just done some calculations and I think that the week of 22nd to the 28th of November 1904 was the coldest on record at -1.3c (-1.27C rounded).

The final week of November 2010 was actually the 2nd coldest November week on record.

Posted

Good question.

In fact I have just done some calculations and I think that the week of 22nd to the 28th of November 1904 was the coldest on record at -1.3c (-1.27C rounded).

Eh? No you count from the 24th to the 30th not a period that suites you lol.

Posted

He can count whatever consecutive days he likes not going to make any comparison with actual figures but surely if someone wants to calculate a temp over any 7 day period they're free to do so

Posted

He can count whatever consecutive days he likes not going to make any comparison with actual figures but surely if someone wants to calculate a temp over any 7 day period they're free to do so

I thought we were talking about the last 7 days.

Posted

I thought we were talking about the last 7 days.

I think most people are, I was just interested in how this 7 day period of November compared with other 7 day periods in November in history, ie. It may have been the coldest final 7 days on record, but is it the coldest 7 day period in November outright. And it appears this is not the case.

The results are now in

The Monthly winner for November was Roger J Smith who was 0.2c, with trickydicky in 2nd 0.3c out, Gavin P was 0.7c out in 3rd.

The seasonal winner was SteveB, with Snowstorm1 in 2nd and PolarContinental in 3rd.

And now to the big one, in 3rd place. Snowstorm1 ( up from 4th)

And No Change overall in 1st and 2nd, Polar Side in 2nd and Stu London the winner. :clap::yahoo::drunk::drinks:

Scores here, and thank you all for playing this year.

Posted

Thanks Jackone for a very well run competition and congratulations to Stu_London for a well deserved victory. :clap:

Regards,

Polar Side :drinks:

Posted

I think most people are, I was just interested in how this 7 day period of November compared with other 7 day periods in November in history, ie. It may have been the coldest final 7 days on record, but is it the coldest 7 day period in November outright. And it appears this is not the case.

We know that. 1919 probably had a colder week period.

Posted

Metoffice stats make good reading when comparede to what we've had for Novembers since 1996;

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate/uk/2010/november/averages.html

Review;

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate/uk/2010/november.html

Northern Scotland was as much as 2.1c below normal. For Northern Ireland it was the 8th coldest November on record.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

The results are now in

The Monthly winner for November was Roger J Smith who was 0.2c, with trickydicky in 2nd 0.3c out, Gavin P was 0.7c out in 3rd.

The seasonal winner was SteveB, with Snowstorm1 in 2nd and PolarContinental in 3rd.

And now to the big one, in 3rd place. Snowstorm1 ( up from 4th)

And No Change overall in 1st and 2nd, Polar Side in 2nd and Stu London the winner. :clap::yahoo::drunk::drinks:

Scores here, and thank you all for playing this year.

Brilliant! I got third Im really happy with that :D

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Well done all, not a bad result for me either, though i could have been better.

In reagrds to this month, we know that it is the coldest 24th-30th November period on record, but given that we beat the record by 0.7C, can we not extend the record period back to the 21st or even earlier?

Posted

Thanks Jackone for a very well run competition and congratulations to Stu_London for a well deserved victory. :clap:

Regards,

Polar Side :drinks:

Thanks - turned into a very close run thing in the end.