Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Weather Software - Help!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Take a look on the WD web site you should find out there as its very informative:

Weather Display

I just did and it takes these that are like yours:

the Huger/Radio Shack/Oregon Scientific WM918/WX200,WMR-918/WMR-968/WMR-928N,WMR100,WMR200,WM-900H,63-1016

Edited by Tonyh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Take a look on the WD web site you should find out there as its very informative:

Weather Display

I just did and it takes these that are like yours:

the Huger/Radio Shack/Oregon Scientific WM918/WX200,WMR-918/WMR-968/WMR-928N,WMR100,WMR200,WM-900H,63-1016

Ah, no! WMR80 = Not supported.

Anyway, thanks for the help, but I may save up for a Davis or a Top-end La Crosse! Thanks alot though!

Posted

Ah, no! WMR80 = Not supported.

Anyway, thanks for the help, but I may save up for a Davis or a Top-end La Crosse! Thanks alot though!

Whoa.... don't write it off so quick.

Check this out:

http://www.weather-watch.com/smf/index.php/topic,44082.0.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, storm force winds

Hi IF.

For just a little bit more money you could get a LaCrosse WS2350. I used to have the older version (WS2300) and it was excellent, very little trouble with it at all, only prob was the sensors weren't quite up to the severe weather we get up here. It works well with Weather Display which is an excellent piece of software.

If you could afford a bit more (i.e. about £350) the UK Weather Shop is doing a good deal on the Oregon Scientific WMR200X where you get two extra sensors free (a temp/humid sensor and a solar sensor). Thats what I have now and again its a good station. Also, having Weather Display software I was able to go from one station to another no problem, just involved changing the station type in the WD setup.

Hope that helps :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Hi IF.

For just a little bit more money you could get a LaCrosse WS2350. I used to have the older version (WS2300) and it was excellent, very little trouble with it at all, only prob was the sensors weren't quite up to the severe weather we get up here. It works well with Weather Display which is an excellent piece of software.

If you could afford a bit more (i.e. about £350) the UK Weather Shop is doing a good deal on the Oregon Scientific WMR200X where you get two extra sensors free (a temp/humid sensor and a solar sensor). Thats what I have now and again its a good station. Also, having Weather Display software I was able to go from one station to another no problem, just involved changing the station type in the WD setup.

I'd say £350 is out of my price-range ATM, but that La Crosse looks quite good. I'd like to stick around with Oregon for a bit, but it's certainly #1 currently.

EDIT: In fact, I've made my mind. I'll have the WMR80, as it has pretty much everything I need, pressure, dew point, heat index, temp., humidity, forecast, wind stats etc.

I'd of loved the WMR200, but it is unfortunately on the rather expensive side. Decision made drinks.gif

Posted

I'd say £350 is out of my price-range ATM, but that La Crosse looks quite good. I'd like to stick around with Oregon for a bit, but it's certainly #1 currently.

EDIT: In fact, I've made my mind. I'll have the WMR80, as it has pretty much everything I need, pressure, dew point, heat index, temp., humidity, forecast, wind stats etc.

I'd of loved the WMR200, but it is unfortunately on the rather expensive side. Decision made drinks.gif

Wise choice in some ways.

I've run a LaCrosse now for 7 years, and only replaced the wind sensor in that time as the original wind sensor was worn out.

However, the spurious wind spikes it gives really pee me off, as each time I have to go and correct the damn data.

I have run WD all that time and never changed, so once I hit the 21st century with a Davis unit, I can at least get my historical data over for continuous data for the past X years.

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

Hi IF.

I would also recommend a WS2300 I have had one several years. Robust and cheap and fairly accurate, provided you shade the temperature sensor unit, all in all an absolute snip for £100.

• 4 weeks later...