Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Weather In Nepal, Specifically Annapurna Range

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Hiya,

I'm off to Nepal in early November to do a trek up to Annapurna Base camp, I don't suppose anyone has an inkling of what the weather might be up there, and on the way up? Would be good to have some idea... although pretty much packing for all possibilities. I see the forecase for Everest basecamp is light snow and freezing rain (nice) but can't find anything on ABC.

Thanks in advance.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Sorry carnt help, but i hope the weathers good! Something i will hopefully be doing myself sometime, carnt wait. Must be one of the most beautiful places on earth. Enjoy.

Posted

It will be very cold up there in November (4200m), but most likely to be dry (November is pretty much their driest month I think). I wouldn't go OTT on the waterproofs although it's a good bet to take some. Walking in the sun will be pleasantly warm during the way but the mornings and evenings will be very cold. Wear layers, preferably silk or merino.

You won't find any accurate specific forecasts for ABC, it's tiny after all. It's sheltered from all directions apart from the south (where the river valley flows), so you might get cloud streaming up the valley during the way although it's more a feature in the warmer months.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

In case you not aware of this site. http://www.explorersweb.com/everest_k2/ Very useful links. You may also find someone in the forum with experience of Annapurna in November.

Have a great time and stay safe.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Brilliant,

thanks guys, looks like it isn't quite freezing at basecamp level yet, but gonna be pretty chilly in 4 weeks or whenever we get there! Still, got a few weeks after in the Chitwan and India to warm up again.