Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The PIT

Increased Motor Insurance

AA reports there have been some tremendous insurance increases of 40%. Young drivers again being hit and being basically forced out of the market. This will encourage more uninsured drivers onto the roads as well.

One of the more disturbing features of this that much of the increase is due to the no win no fee lets rip off the insurance company injury claims. A kid at work did this and the car wasn't even marked. Time this sort of ambulance chasing is stopped.

I think maybe to address this compensation culture we need to look into finding ways of penalising clearly erroneous/OTT claims- something that the likes of "no win no fee" are terrible at doing. But I don't want to see people being penalised for perfectly reasonable claims, be it with the police or anyone else.

May as well refer back to that post as it is also relevant here.

I just got a quote for my car as my insurance is due in January and for a new quote with the same company it was £990 fully comprehensive compared to £630 last year!

Im 26 and have been driving 8 years and have no points, 8 years no claims and live in a 'B' postcode. Not to mention I do only 4000 miles per year.

Absolutely ridiculous!

Mine wasn't too bad but overall I'm paying the same amount of insurance for a slower car than I did when I first started driving. Goes down when you get older never has done for me.

Well a pleasant suprise today. I got my annual renewal from my current insurer and it was exactly the same as last year.

Considering the average rise Im very pleased!

• Temperatures into heatwave territory and no rain

Some parts of the UK could qualify for heatwave conditions later this week and it's not the usual suspects. No rain as water levels decline and how are the evening skies for LanuchAmerica viewing? Watch the video here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

High pressure in the driving seat until at least the end of May

High pressure continues to dominate our weather until at least early next week, with most staying dry and fine. The warm conditions will spread north, and the highest temperatures will transfer to the west as the high moves east and eventually over Scandinavia. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather