Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

2011 Stormchase Chat & Banter

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

opps haha i posted in the wrong forum haaha!

I wish i could come guys but I have College untill july! :/ so 4 years untill i can come storm chase with you guys! :(

Edited by Mesoscale

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

Hey All,

Just a quick to let you know BA have flight for about £480 today.

Found one as cheap as £431!!

TJ x

Edited by TornadoJo

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

I will be there looking forward to it. I wonder if pat will get lost again? :lol:

N1 Danny

See you in March - We have a GPS Ankle tag for Pat :smiliz19:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

2012 anyone? I will be able to afford the tour then :)

Posted

2012 anyone? I will be able to afford the tour then :)

Hi Mate

Yep every year and getting bigger and better every year.

2007 There were just 4 Guests

2008 There were 8 Guests

2009 We took 12 Guests

2010 We took 24 Guests

And this year we have something like 34 People with 3 SUV's on Tours 1 & 2 along with Michael Fish coming along on Tour 4 and possibly a Tour 5 (Just awaiting confirmation from a Travel Company)

The great thing is, it means I get to stay longer - Woohoo :yahoo::bomb:

Last year kept me there for 47 days and 2011 could be 62 days.

The wife will kill me :help:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Hi Mate

Last year looked like you had a great time! Will be very interested next year !

Posted

Hi Mate

2007 There were just 4 Guests

2008 There were 8 Guests

2009 We took 12 Guests

2010 We took 24 Guests

And this year we have something like 34 People with 3 SUV's on Tours 1 & 2 along with Michael Fish coming along on Tour 4 and possibly a Tour 5 (Just awaiting confirmation from a Travel Company)

The great thing is, it means I get to stay longer - Woohoo :yahoo::bomb:

Last year kept me there for 47 days and 2011 could be 62 days.

The wife will kill me :help:

:blink: Are you going to re-think buying a house there now?! :lol:

Can't wait til Tour 3 now, buying flights this week probably. The countdown properly begins!

Posted

:blink: Are you going to re-think buying a house there now?! :lol:

Can't wait til Tour 3 now, buying flights this week probably. The countdown properly begins!

Hows it goin Ross?:hi: Im goin on tour 3 also, first time goin on a proper chase, first time goin to America & 1st time goin anywhere by plane by myself,..... CANT telephone boxIN WAIT! ha

Ive been looking at flights also ( im from dublin ) , at the moment its looking to be around 900 euro for me ( im goin to New Jersey afterwards ) so with sales , hopefully that ll go down.

So what kind of equipment are people bringing?, i got the Lumix FX 100 for Christmas... Full HD video, ..24mp zoom, 14mp lense... Cant wait to get some great pictures and footage with it! :clap:

Posted

I cant wait...now xmas is out of the way lets get to the serious stuff..

like SUPERCELL HUNTING FOR REAL PEOPLE

:w00t:

Sorry couldnt help it...

from tonight there after I will start to look for cams and updates from NOAA...How exciting..

My future is so bright I have to wear shades :rofl:

Whats this about ankle bracelet..lol

I hope Tom wont get me to stop the highway traffic again from xxxxxxxx.lololol

naughty Tom :good:

I cant wait...now xmas is out of the way lets get to the serious stuff..

like SUPERCELL HUNTING FOR REAL PEOPLE

:w00t:

Sorry could help it...

He I go from tonight there after I will start to look for cams and updates from NOAA...How exciting..

My future is so bright I have to wear shades :rofl:

Whats this about ankle bracelet..lol

I hope Tom wont get me to stop the highway traffic again from xxxxxxxx.lololol

naughty Tom :good:

Buying my flight tomorrow..so no turning back :smiliz19:

Im so happy Ive quoted myself twice :rofl:

Keep your xmas..give me Tornado Alley,,,now thats what I call real xmas fun :lol:

They call me mad Pat Timmer

ps...Paul will ring you tomorrow :smiliz19: at your home

clearance from wife to go...because she needs some peace and quiet :whistling:

meaty moma's not small teddy bear Thunder farts..lol..

big juicy angry mother's with killer look's...beautifully structure's with looks that kill

going to see my first F5 this year..thats a promise :air_kiss:

thousands of pics...tons of HD video...heaven is calling

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Lol Pat I totally forgot about that day last year, when everything that could have gone wrong......well it went wrong.

For others that have not heard this story it relates to the 13th May 2010 and a Chase in Western Oklahoma that would ultimately cost us a Tornado, well 2 actually but Pat's one was the Kansas Tornado and My little Mishap was the Western Oklahoma One :rofl::cray::doh:

A few nights before Mr Pat got bitten by a Spider, not just any old Spider but a Recluse Spider, said bite on his leg was like a little Hole that got bigger and started to discolour and spread up his leg, so finally he decided to go to Walgreens (Like Superdrug But Bigger) but being in the USA This entailed lots of form filling and 3 hours of delays (Mr Sherman's Northern Target of Southern Kansas was producing a Nice Tornado about 35 Miles North of our location at this time) :doh: But it gets better, after grabbing some Brunch Tom and Pat decide to play silly beggars outside the IHOP, With Pat collapsing and Tom pushing on his chest, all this by a busy intersection, 2 big Suv's slam on their brakes and people start rushing out of abandoned cars and jump a small privet hedge to help Tom administer CPR (You could not make this up) :rofl: So Pat jumps back to his feet like a Spring Chicken and the 4 Great big Oklahoman Blokes were last seen Shaking their heads and giving Tom and Pat the Finger.

The day ended with us chasing down an easy Intercept on the Clinton Tornado, 4 Miles to our North and Crawling along with us just about to get on the clear side to view, then Bang my Back left tyre exploded, Chase vehicles were passing us including the DOW's until a Pick up truck full of Yahoo Oklahoman Tennagers jumped out and asked why we were not intercepting the Big Tornado that was just to our North, they then saw our Back Tyre and all cut off their chase to help us out, they changed the Back tyre quicker than a Formula 1 Constructor but by the time we had offered them some money or beers (Which they refused btw) light had faded and the Supercell was a distant memory.

Great day all the Same

Paul S

Posted

Lol Pat I totally forgot about that day last year, when everything that could have gone wrong......well it went wrong.

For others that have not heard this story it relates to the 13th May 2010 and a Chase in Western Oklahoma that would ultimately cost us a Tornado, well 2 actually but Pat's one was the Kansas Tornado and My little Mishap was the Western Oklahoma One :rofl::cray::doh:

A few nights before Mr Pat got bitten by a Spider, not just any old Spider but a Recluse Spider, said bite on his leg was like a little Hole that got bigger and started to discolour and spread up his leg, so finally he decided to go to Walgreens (Like Superdrug But Bigger) but being in the USA This entailed lots of form filling and 3 hours of delays (Mr Sherman's Northern Target of Southern Kansas was producing a Nice Tornado about 35 Miles North of our location at this time) :doh: But it gets better, after grabbing some Brunch Tom and Pat decide to play silly beggars outside the IHOP, With Pat collapsing and Pat pushing on his chest, all this by a busy intersection, 2 big Suv's slam on their brakes and people start rushing out of abandoned cars and jump a small privet hedge to help Tom administer CPR (You could not make this up) :rofl: So Pat jumps back to his feet like a Spring Chicken and the 4 Great big Oklahoman Blokes were last seen Shaking their heads and giving Tom and Pat the Finger.

The day ended with us chasing down an easy Intercept on the Clinton Tornado, 4 Miles to our North and Crawling along with us just about to get on the clear side to view, then Bang my Back left tyre exploded, Chase vehicles were passing us including the DOW's until a Pick up truck full of Yahoo Oklahoman Tennagers jumped out and asked why we were not intercepting the Big Tornado that was just to our North, they then saw our Back Tyre and all cut off their chase to help us out, they changed the Back tyre quicker than a Formula 1 Constructor but by the time we had offered them some money or beers (Which they refused btw) light had faded and the Supercell was a distant memory.

Great day all the Same

Paul S

that was an incredible day....shame about the twister down the road...

yes everything went wrong,but still a good all the same..

how can i forget bringing a highway to a standstill :lol:

Paul my leg went purple when i got back home no joke...still have the scare...will show you later this year...

happy days have started :hi:

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

The truth of the matter was Pat was playing along until I started to administer mouth to mouth. It was at that point he jumped up and ran away At that point I realized that I had actually filmed something that was like a scene from Jackass. The big guy in the pick-up was not too nice to me and made me see the error of my ways :whistling:

Oh well we live and learn

Tompost-2466-0-69399300-1294011830_thumb.jp

or maybe not

Posted

that was so hilarious...and scary,I thought the guys were going to beat us up..lol

aoooooo funny looking back on it...

Bringing my mammoth tripod this year as Paul wants to borrow it :w00t:

mmm not impressed :ph34r:

laughing my I have a problem off here

ive upgraded my tripod now with a motor :lol:

Edited by dogs32

Posted

If you had been watching last year you could have bought Blackpool tower, not quite as big but fairly sturdy never the less.

Tom

Posted

If you had been watching last year you could have bought Blackpool tower, not quite as big but fairly sturdy never the less.

Tom

Tom your on 2/3 correct.

Im going for the 2/3...got a feeling about this...Have dream t of a awesome tornado outbreak twice..

I will try to make Cardiff..but cant promise as money is tight this year to be honest...

need every penny at the moment...Im lucky to be going yet again...must sound like a broken record tO Paul every year..lol

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Storm chase season 2011

Bring it on

Tom

:smiliz19: :yahoo: :yahoo: :drunk: :drunk: :smiliz64: :air_kiss::crazy: :crazy:

People probably dont understand why i get so excited about supercells...maybe they should come and see what the fuss is about :rofl:

if you agree..press the reputation button...LOLOL

Edited by dogs32

Posted

I know exactly what you mean Pat but it is hard to describe how fantastic a supercell looks out there on the plains, hard to describe the feeling when a tripple lightning strike hits close by, hard to describe the fun of arriving in another new yet unvisited town.

I gave up trying to get people to understand why we enjoy it. Go do it.

Tom

Posted

Hows it goin Ross?:hi: Im goin on tour 3 also, first time goin on a proper chase, first time goin to America & 1st time goin anywhere by plane by myself,..... CANT telephone boxIN WAIT! ha

Ive been looking at flights also ( im from dublin ) , at the moment its looking to be around 900 euro for me ( im goin to New Jersey afterwards ) so with sales , hopefully that ll go down.

So what kind of equipment are people bringing?, i got the Lumix FX 100 for Christmas... Full HD video, ..24mp zoom, 14mp lense... Cant wait to get some great pictures and footage with it! :clap:

Hi :D Good thanks, you? Can't wait either! You will be fine going to America for the first time, just watch out for the US Immigration, grumpy bunch usually :D If you have any questions though then ask away. Will be nice to meet you out there.

I'm still sticking to the same kit I had 2 years ago (400D + Sony HD Video Cam), might buy a lightning trigger for the SLR as there is a cheaper version out now :)

Posted

I some times feel like one of the apostles spreading the word. However until you have done it you will never totally understand how magnificant it is. Once you have done it you will want to do it more, and more and more.

post-2466-0-73482500-1294014943_thumb.jp

Tom

Posted

Hi :D Good thanks, you? Can't wait either! You will be fine going to America for the first time, just watch out for the US Immigration, grumpy bunch usually :D If you have any questions though then ask away. Will be nice to meet you out there.

I'm still sticking to the same kit I had 2 years ago (400D + Sony HD Video Cam), might buy a lightning trigger for the SLR as there is a cheaper version out now :)

Ye it's gonna be some adventure! Ha

Ye I heard they can be a bit of a annoyance sometimes but I'm hoping to get all sorted while in Dublin in the new T2 terminal they hav pre-clearance checks now for people goin into America so I don't hav to hang around over in the airport over there :) .

Ah cool ... I was tempted to ask my bro for a Lend of his d200 but don't want to risk it as it's a quite expensive kit.

But ye , a remote clicker would be a great idea. I can't wait to see all the constant lightning !

A picture of me sranding in front of a text book supercell would be just class!.... And standing in front of a tornado would be a dream! Ha

Looking forward to meeting everyone out there!

Oh are yas all still planning to do a meet up b4 tour 1? For the entire group like? Didn't hav the time or money to travel for the other meet ups enfortuneatly...

Posted

Do you know I spent years trying to avoid just saying to immigration "I am going stormchasing" the first time that I did in 2000 the gentleman in Atlanta said " I heard bout people like you!" So for the next 9 trips i was visiting friends, sightseeing, starting a knitting circle or carrying out research on behalf of the WI for whom I used to do slide shows.

So repeat after me "I am going storm chasing with Reed Sherman or was it Paul Timmer?"

post-2466-0-36515800-1294050127_thumb.jp

Photo courtesy of someone but I can't remember who. It wasn't me as I was driving at the time, we were on the interstate 35 heading north after the tornado which had caused the damage on the southbound side of the road. Pauls van is the one in front.

Tom

Edited by Tom Lynch

Posted

More Pictures relating to the Picture Tom posted above.

Oklahomas 2nd Biggest Tornado Outbreak after May 3rd 1999 :whistling: