Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

2011 Stormchase Chat & Banter

Paul Sherman

Posted

Hi all, already booked with AA and it was 528 direct, so may come down in the sales ect, could'nt wait to book it any longer, makes it feel a little closer now that it's booked, come on April !!! :yahoo:

Posted

Ian

Any chance of an update for Thursday re what time and where etc

If you could update this thread and Facebook it would be much appreciated

Cheers

Paul S

Posted

Dont worry about that Will

About 4 weeks before you go Paul M Sends you an info pack on where to go when you arrive at DFW.

Quite simply you get the Free Shuttle Bus to Car Rentals outside arrivals and then we take care of you when you step off the bus at Car Rentals right up to the point of when we get you back 3-4 hours before you depart :good:

Paul S

Posted

Me Me Me

Stu, Ian and Myself should be there around 630pm and Nick F will be there at 7pm, dont know wether any more coming but it should be cosy with the 6 of us :drunk:

Posted

yep looking forward to this now, like pauls said me paul stu london should get there just after 1830 and nick Finnis will get there just after 1900 Dave when are you getting there? and obviosly anyone else that wants to join us feel most welcome to come along for a festive drink!

whats the thoughts on food eat in the bar or go for something or just liquid dinner not fussy myself

Edited by ian cameron

Posted

I think the food is quite reasonable, particularly if ordered before 7pm when there are some offers on.

The prevailing weather conditions could be interesting from when we get in there and when we leave.

Paul - am I meeting you and Ian at OXO?

Posted

I think the food is quite reasonable, particularly if ordered before 7pm when there are some offers on.

The prevailing weather conditions could be interesting from when we get in there and when we leave.

Paul - am I meeting you and Ian at OXO?

Stu a believe that is the plan what time you getting there for?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Cheers Paul.

I heard early Jan is the best time to look for cheap flights. Is that when everyone else plans on booking them ?

Posted

My Xmas work do is on the 15th, so I may need a top-up with you guys haha....

You made a decision on this yet then :drinks::drinks: You are probably well tanked up by now anyway what with yer Xmas Do today

Btw: Is there a dress code in that amber bar, eg can I wear Trainers or does it have to be shoes - Mybe Stu or Dave knows ??

Posted

I was planning on doing this next year when I've got a gap year after uni (before doing a PGCE) but that 4th tour with Michael Fish and with it being in June is soooo tempting...

Sadly I just don't think I'm going to be in the Finical position to afford it this year but for those of you who have the option to go should almost certainly go!

Paul, how long do you think there is to make a decision one way or the other?

Posted

Hi Darren

Well someone could in theory book the June Trip in May "if" there are spaces still left which would not seem likely as the last time Michael came chasing that tour sold very quickly, but that is a possibility.

Would love to have you out there though as the chance to chase with Michael and Nick F Would be great for a learning perspective

Best

Paul S

Posted

Yeah even if it doesn't happen this year it'll be a certainty for next, its just obviously in June uni is finished and obviously chasing with that team would be pretty immense...

However as I said don't think I can quite stretch that far...so I'll probably just have to virtual chase this year and learn stuff for the year after!!

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

See you guys down the Amber Bar about 7ish this evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

You made a decision on this yet then :drinks::drinks: You are probably well tanked up by now anyway what with yer Xmas Do today

Btw: Is there a dress code in that amber bar, eg can I wear Trainers or does it have to be shoes - Mybe Stu or Dave knows ??

Hi Paul,

I would have been there tonight if I didn't have a nasty cold & cough, although I don't think all that drink at my Xmas do helped yesterday though lol. Have one for me and have a good evening with the London & South East crew!

PS Very excited to have Michael Fish on Tour 4!

Posted

Great night last night and cheers for everyone that turned up for the Xmas Drinks really enjoyed it.

Fair play to Stu London who ate a Chicken Phall - I tried 1 piece and my mouth is still on Fire :smiliz19: :smiliz57:

Posted

Fair play to Stu London who ate a Chicken Phall - I tried 1 piece and my mouth is still on Fire :smiliz19: :smiliz57:

Suprisingly, apart from a sore throat, i am in pretty good shape today