Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

2011 Stormchase Chat & Banter

Paul Sherman

Posted

Hi Guys

Just starting a thread for Mr Cameron who is organising the 2011 Pre Storm Chase Meet Up which this year will be held in Cardiff on Saturday 5th March.

Will let Ian update all the details in the next post but after a Successfull Meet up in London in 2009, Manchester in 2010 next years event cant be missed.

Regards

Paul S

Posted

Hi Well I know its still a fair way off but its time to start to plan for the meet up in Cardiff on the 5th of March have chosen the Mercure hotel and at the mo the rooms are £55 per room this is a advance booking rate and will no doubt go up in price the closer to the the date so booking early is advised it will be fairly the same format as last year in Manchester so meeting up at the hotel between 1400hrs and 1500hrs a few pints at the hotel then on to a bar then a mexican meal then for those still able on to a late night bar/club the deal can be found on hotels.com just search for cardiff and the hotel should be on the first page if you could let me know who is thinking of coming so i can have an idea of numbers so can start thinking of places to go as always I will be going a few weeks in advance and trial running places out so any prefrances or suggestions welcome also

look forward to hearing from you you can as always PM me if you have any Qs

Ian

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Probably will be unable to attend this one given the distance involved. Will just have to see if I bump into you guys out in the states again come May ;) I'll let you know if things change of course!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy...

Hi Ian, which Mercure Hotel are you planning on? There are two Mercure's in Cardiff according to Google

Posted

Hi Ian, which Mercure Hotel are you planning on? There are two Mercure's in Cardiff according to Google

Sorry Claire the address is

Mercure cardiff centre hotel

Wharf road east,

Tyndell street

Cardiff CK10 4BB

If you go on hotels.com it should be the first one you come to it looks under a mile to Cardiff central train station

I'm from Cardiff and I have to say you've chosen a very nice hotel. Unfortunately im in Uni atm so wont be able to join you but heres an idea - what about the new Hooters restaurant that is opening :winky:

Jamo you do not have to come to all of it you could just pop along for a pint or so theres no worries would be good to see you there

Would love to go but can't due to distance, so will look forward to meeting u all in may

cookie its a shame you wont be able to make it but can understand its a fair way to travel and look forward to meeting up with you on tour 1

Probably will be unable to attend this one given the distance involved. Will just have to see if I bump into you guys out in the states again come May ;) I'll let you know if things change of course!

Gorky am sure to see you at some time state side sorry you cant make it till may then

Edited by ian cameron

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

:rolleyes:Hey All

Hope you're well.

Fraid I won't be able to make this as I'll hopefully be at a wedding.

Have a fab time n see you soon(ish)

Jo

xxx

Posted

:rolleyes:Hey All

Hope you're well.

Fraid I won't be able to make this as I'll hopefully be at a wedding.

Have a fab time n see you soon(ish)

Jo

xxx

Shame not to see you there Jo but have a great time at the wedding and we will see you tour 1

I'll be there! :D

will be good to see you there fella should be a blast

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

I would love to meet up with everyone pre 2011 season, but it is my daughter's birthday, so I will not be able to.

I really cannot wait 'til next May though. A big hello to everyone on tour 2!

Ed

Posted

Hi all, damn it to hell if it does'nt fall on the same day I've booked a photography landscape course :wallbash: , hope u all have a good one, and if anything changes I'll be straight there, if not see u at the end of April Craig

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy...

Thanks Ian . Work permitting I will be there :help:

Posted

Hey,

Considering that i miss the bbq, ill try look out for cheap flights over for the weekend.

Would be good to meet up wit the group before may, ( pointers on what to expect and to hav over ther wil be handy!)

So ye,you can add a 2nd "ian" to the list if i find cheap flights from dublin to cardiff :good:

Posted

Hi Well I know its still a fair way off but its time to start to plan for the meet up in Cardiff on the 5th of March have chosen the Mercure hotel and at the mo the rooms are £55 per room this is a advance booking rate and will no doubt go up in price the closer to the the date so booking early is advised it will be fairly the same format as last year in Manchester so meeting up at the hotel between 1400hrs and 1500hrs a few pints at the hotel then on to a bar then a mexican meal then for those still able on to a late night bar/club the deal can be found on hotels.com just search for cardiff and the hotel should be on the first page if you could let me know who is thinking of coming so i can have an idea of numbers so can start thinking of places to go as always I will be going a few weeks in advance and trial running places out so any prefrances or suggestions welcome also

look forward to hearing from you you can as always PM me if you have any Qs

Ian

Is this the actual hotel or is it going to change like last year

Posted

no stu this will be our base camp everyone does need to book there own rooms as you have to pay up front so people should buddy up to split the room costs

Posted

Lol - Dont upset Mr Cameron It'shis birthday on Sunday

You coming along Big Man ??

Paul S

Posted

Lol - Dont upset Mr Cameron It'shis birthday on Sunday

You coming along Big Man ??

Paul S

Yeah i should be able to make it

Hoping to do tour 3 too - if there are any spaces left

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

As much as I'd love to be there, I have a wife and three dogs to put in kennels, so it gets pricey for a one night stand!

Even if I take the wife with, kinda like very costly for the doggies, so please excuse me and the missus from this event this time round.

P.S. Those that know us, don't even mention to her I suggested the kennels for the weekend, else it'll be a self exploding tornado in the making :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

Hellooooo,

Count me in!

Cardiff is a great night out, Ian if you need and help on the reccy give me a shout, being the selfless member of the netweather.tv storm chasing team I would be more than happy to help.

Also for all us who reside in and around London, pre-crimbo drinks?

Laters!