Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Did We Really Go To The Moon?

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Discovery +1, 8pm for the non believers, and afterwards to save face you could always claim to be on a wind up, i'm sure everybody will believe it.

bet you're a sucker for april fools as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

Ah yes, that old load of rubbish, good to see it wheeled out in desperation again.

IF Nasa didn't go to the moon, and bearing in mind the Apollo craft were independently tracked by other countries including their then arch enemy the USSR do you not think those countries would have provided solid proof that it was a hoax? And looking at it from Nasa's point of view, which of the following do you think would be easier?

Spend $25 billion, employ 100's of thousands of people, create new technology, the most complicated machine ever created, and then create an elaborate hoax and keep lying about it for 40 years?

Or

Build a space craft and go to the moon?

and that is one fact the conspiracy theory supporters have no answer too...

i detest the bad science used by the con theorists, just like the crop mark hoaxers who came foreward and proved they did the crop circles but the alien believers took no notice and carried on insisting they were created by spacecraft, those who wish to believe the moon landings were a hoax will carry on doing so.

LOOK!!!!!........if we actually went too the Moon...why oh why have we not been back.... :excl: :excl: :excl:

With todays tecnology surely we would have been back to test the Moons surface to support life, instead of trying to reach Mars that actually has an atmosphere that is too volotile to support life :);):):)

There is one question that people still avoid......?

When Neil Armstrong walked down the craft..........who the hell was filming it????????????????????? Its a simple arguement that nobody can answer :oops::oops::oops:

Who has the answer...........OK Smarties have it......but not this time :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

cost..... we had achieved all we could achieve by 1972 so there was no point in wasting money going back.

im surprised you even asked that question about who was filming it.... no one has ever ducked that question...

but heres one for the conspiracists.... how come they only pick on the first moon landing ? ive never seen any documentary, book, youtube vid, writing, anything at all that tries to disprove all the other landings we made.

oh...and we ARE going back in around 10 years or so....

Edited by mushymanrob

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

oh...and we ARE going back in around 10 years or so....

No doubt that will be "proved" as fake as well...

Posted

Maybe we could send all the doubters up there then and prove to them it is possible. Then we could leave the no-brained whingers up there and they wouldn't pollute the internet with any more of their mindless ramblings.

Posted

Maybe we could send all the doubters up there then and prove to them it is possible. Then we could leave the no-brained whingers up there and they wouldn't pollute the internet with any more of their mindless ramblings.

Now you could be onto something here! Although it would be a bit unfair on the moon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

No doubt that will be "proved" as fake as well...

they are building the set now...... next door to where elvis lives along with princess diana... <_<

Posted

they are building the set now...... next door to where elvis lives along with princess diana... dry.gif

<_< Michael Jackson is moving in as well I have heard.

• 1 month later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Once we have used up all this Planet's resources, then we need to be able to go elsewhere.

Tom

This one sentence neatly summarises a major flaw in the human psyche. Rather than make the effort to live symbiotically with the earth the collective attitude seems to be from the Attila the Hun school of thinking whereby whatever the earth has to offer is there to be used and disposed of before we move on to the next area like a swarm of all consuming locusts.

I sincerely hope that before we have mastered the technology to allow us to plunder other planets we have either come to some sort of collective common sense with regard to the finite resources of the earth or we have brought about our own annihilation through our own selfishness. If the latter scenario comes to pass I also hope it occurs before the majority of other life on the planet goes the same way as a direct result of our actions.

Oh and regarding the Moon landings, I watched it live on our black and white tele' so it must be true.

Posted

Oh and regarding the Moon landings, I watched it live on our black and white tele' so it must be true.

ditto !

• 1 year later...
Posted

so i am currentley watchin a programme on discovery science called the truth behind the moon landings and there dismantling conspiracy theories and i was just wondering what you fine people think about the moon landings.real or not?

Posted

Yes. Why would they fake not one but severeal landings over a period of years? Were did we get the moon rocks from? How did the laser reflectors get on the Moon? And if we really didn't go to the Moon how will they get the fake landers and moon buggies up there before the Chinese arrive and find out the truth? :shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Course they went to the moon. Where do you think this was filmed,really?

Quality!! :D:D

We so did go to the moon wtf are you lot talking about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mouUUWpEec0&feature=related

:whistling:

Might I just add nasa used amigas :-)

OMG, never seen that clip before!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

hmm, just got back from an enforced computer absence...I checked my diary, and thought to myself "Hmm, its the 'fake moon landings' thread anniversery and I wonder if anyone is going to resurrect this ancient and dead thread"....I log on to net weather, and what do I see.....A binary-coded zombie in the form of this thread......Please, someone kill this thread & put it out of its misery!

Posted

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Yes - the pursute of knowledge is what raises us above the rest of the Animal Kingdom. When we stop being curious about the Universe and stop spending resources on Science, we are a finished species. Once we have used up all this Planet's resources, then we need to be able to go elsewhere. The step to the Moon is a small one, but it is a start. Those that say we didn't go there are causing political difficulty for those that wish to spend resources on Science - they are therefore doing Humanity a dis-service. The could have put the money used to bail the banks out to good use - Space research/physics is only one thing that money could have bought. There is no such thing as "useless knowledge", just knowledge that we don't have an immediate use for - but one day we will.

Okay - strong views, but something I feel strongly about.

Rant over : )

Tom

So your saying humans are nothing but planet wreckers? Lets all just wreck this place and then dissapear for our own selfish reasons?

I don't think we are "raised" above the animal Kingdom at all. We are outsiders, freaks to the animal world. We should spend more money learning to get along with our planet and its inhabitants than looking 100 million light years plus for anywhere else.

Posted

I thought the British landed on the Moon in the 1890s claiming the Moon to be part of the British Empire? Thats the real conspiracy here, Apollo 11 crew found the British union flag and note claiming the Moon for Queen Victoria but they won't admit to it.

The British trio were Arnold Bedford, Katherine Callender and Professor Joseph Cavor

Everyone knows that! <_<