Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Did We Really Go To The Moon?

So why survey for dangerous radiation first of all ??? You already know there isn't anyway as you've already been there.

To ensure you have accurate data measured with state of the art instruments in preperation for going BACK to the moon in 2020 perhaps?

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
We should fly pedophiles and bankers to the moon, and leave them there.

:)

And terrorists and there supporters as well plus tree huggers.

Any we've also got micrometeorite problem these would make a mess of any space suit.

To ensure you have accurate data measured with state of the art instruments in preperation for going BACK to the moon in 2020 perhaps?

Why when it isn't a problem why waste the money ??? Surely you've already got the data as that would be one of the first things you'd measure would it not and we know it's not a problem so why waste the money.

Edited by The PIT

Posted
So why survey for dangerous radiation first of all ??? You already know there isn't anyway as you've already been there.

Because 40 years ago, there was not as much knowledge about the dangers of solar radiation - from extreme events like flares and coronal mass ejections - as there is now and it wasn't something they monitored to any great extent. No one's talking about radiation from the lunar surface itself. The Apollo astronauts spent a very limited amount of time exposed: any astronaut going there now would be there for a longer period and thus the risk of exposure would be higher. The risk of large solar flares is why astronauts on the ISS have safe zones in which to take refuge and, doubtless, any future lunar astronauts would need similar protection. Lack of proof of dangerous radiation, because of lack of the correct equipment in 1969, is not lack of its existence.

Edited by crepuscular ray

Why when it isn't a problem why waste the money ??? Surely you've already got the data as that would be one of the first things you'd measure would it not and we know it's not a problem so why waste the money.

You'd want to base a mission costing billions of dollars on data gathered over 40 years ago?

A career at NASA awaits you!

Posted
You'd want to base a mission costing billions of dollars on data gathered over 40 years ago?

A career at NASA awaits you!

The survey is too see if it's safe for man to land on the moon. Err don't we know that it is???

Posted

:)

We all have places where we'd like to incarcarate people we don't agree with: mine include racists, bigots, xenophobes, people who care about Big Brother, conspiracy theorists and people who live in Britain but use the US spellings of words (while obviously loathing all things American) such as fetus for foetus or pedophile for paedophile. However, being sent to the Moon's too good for them. What the hell's the Moon done to deserve that?

The survey is too see if it's safe for man to land on the moon. Err don't we know that it is???

Not for the length of time they'd have to stay there: none of the Apollo crews stayed for more than a couple of days and they did not do sophisticated solar radiation measurements. So, the answer is, "No we don't know."

Edited by crepuscular ray

Posted
Not for the length of time they'd have to stay there: none of the Apollo crews stayed for more than a couple of days and they did not do sophisticated solar radiation measurements. So, the answer is, "No we don't know."

A strange omission don't you think??

Posted
A strange omission don't you think??

No, at the time they had only a limited idea that it might exist. Given the limited amount of room/time of course they didn't take experiments with them to check for something they didn't know might be there. It's like saying that why didn't Cristopher Columbus deploy weather balloons to look for the jet stream or Ferdinand Magellan look for signs of El Niño?

Posted

Okay I'm tired over winding you lot up over this. If I'm not careful I'll talk myself out of believing we went to the moon.

Posted

Not only that, but I went to Gatwick airport and have videos to prove it. Many say that I faked this, no human being could survive such a hostile environment, devoid of air, water or food. But I had specialized equipment, and a support staff of hundreds.

Posted
Not only that, but I went to Gatwick airport and have videos to prove it. Many say that I faked this, no human being could survive such a hostile environment, devoid of air, water or food. But I had specialized equipment, and a support staff of hundreds.

No you didn't I have CCTV to prove you were elsewhere at the time.

Posted

LOOK!!!!!........if we actually went too the Moon...why oh why have we not been back.... :excl: :excl: :excl:

With todays tecnology surely we would have been back to test the Moons surface to support life, instead of trying to reach Mars that actually has an atmosphere that is too volotile to support life B) B) :cc_confused::cc_confused:

There is one question that people still avoid......?

When Neil Armstrong walked down the craft..........who the hell was filming it????????????????????? Its a simple arguement that nobody can answer :oops::oops::oops:

Who has the answer...........OK Smarties have it......but not this time :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Edited by Flash Elvis

I have never questionned the evidence that we landed on the moon. The evidence to support NASA is overwhelming.

jawdrop2.gif

When Neil Armstrong walked down the craft..........who the hell was filming it????????????????????? Its a simple arguement that nobody can answer B) :cc_confused::cc_confused:

You are absolutely right. They must have sent a television crew up before hand.

Either that, or there was a TV camera on the side of the Lunar Module :wallbash:

Posted
  • Location: A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Guildford, Surrey
  • Location: A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Guildford, Surrey

B)

Blimey - we pollute the Earth enough as it is already and you want to go right ahead and pollute the moon as well?

Harsh!

:cc_confused:

CB

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
Either that, or there was a TV camera on the side of the Lunar Module :cc_confused:

B) No that can't be true, that's too simple an answer for the crazy conspiracies!

Posted
So if we did go how come we've never been back since and only now taking surveys about the effects of radiation???

Space Shuttle programme. I think a lot of money went into developing this in the 1970s. Also look how many probes have gone to Mars in recent years and the money invested in the those projects.

With todays tecnology surely we would have been back to test the Moons surface to support life, instead of trying to reach Mars that actually has an atmosphere that is too volotile to support life ::

Out of all the planets/moons in our solar system, Mars is the place that is the closest to Earth conditions. The Moon has no atmosphere at all, it can't support life at all unaided.

Edited by Mr_Data

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
There is one question that people still avoid......?

When Neil Armstrong walked down the craft..........who the hell was filming it????????????????????? Its a simple arguement that nobody can answer :D:):)

The answer is simple... It was filmed by the survivors of the WW2 lancaster bomber that landed on the moon and was reported by the Sunday Sport in the 80's

I thought everyone knew that, or maybe some people didnt read the lead article and went straight to tit pages!

Edited by kar999

Posted

It seems my post that I was winding you lot up hasn't been noticed. Got some big fishes in my room fish and chips anyone. :D

Posted
Ah yes, that old load of rubbish, good to see it wheeled out in desperation again.

IF Nasa didn't go to the moon, and bearing in mind the Apollo craft were independently tracked by other countries including their then arch enemy the USSR do you not think those countries would have provided solid proof that it was a hoax? And looking at it from Nasa's point of view, which of the following do you think would be easier?

Spend $25 billion, employ 100's of thousands of people, create new technology, the most complicated machine television studio ever created, and then create an elaborate hoax and keep lying about it for 40 years?

Or

Build a space craft and go to the moon?

And also... How come if technology was that advanced in July 1969. It's been nigh on 40 YEARS and no-one has been there ever since. I mean, for example... Who set up the steady camera when Neil Armstrong stepped out of that lunar landing module... "One small step for man, one giant load of brainwashing 250,000 miles away".

What does that tell ya? Too expensive or is Steven Spielberg a bit busy these days. :lol:

Phil. (Not a conspiracy theorist either!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
It seems my post that I was winding you lot up hasn't been noticed. Got some big fishes in my room fish and chips anyone. :lol:

Apparently so, PIT..And it's still the case... :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
And also... How come if technology was that advanced in July 1969. It's been nigh on 40 YEARS and no-one has been there ever since. I mean, for example... Who set up the steady camera when Neil Armstrong stepped out of that lunar landing module... "One small step for man, one giant load of brainwashing 250,000 miles away".

What does that tell ya? Too expensive or is Steven Spielberg a bit busy these days. :lol:

Phil. (Not a conspiracy theorist either!)

Already been answered. NASA put a camera on the outside of the lunar module to record the moment.

And as somebody else has also said, if it really was a fake then the USSR would have picked it up.

Posted

I had noticed, Nick. Trust me to jump the gun, as per usual.

*Mental note to self... Read threads and posts fully before jumping in with reply!*

And now off to storms/convective thread. Looking quite interesting here in Solidull. (Skies do anyway!) :lol:

Phil.

Posted

And also... How come if technology was that advanced in July 1969. It's been nigh on 40 YEARS and no-one has been there ever since.

Already answered that. NASA attention and budget were turned towards developing the Space Shuttle programme.

Posted

Discovery +1, 8pm for the non believers, and afterwards to save face you could always claim to be on a wind up, i'm sure everybody will believe it.

Watching it now. Says it all really doesn't it! :)