Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Jupiter Through My Telescope

Posted

oh, and to add, this was taken through my mobile phone camera, holding it very still (phone is an Ericsson W995) :)

Posted

Very nice! You could try a moon filter on the eyepiece and it would reduce the glare....or you could take lots of images and stack them....then you'd get to see the belts too.

Posted

That's pretty much the view I get with my 20x binoculars. Jupiter is large enough that it doesn't take much zoom to make out the planet's disc, though more is needed to make out details like the Great Red Spot.

I can pick up the Galilean moons as small dots, but only if I keep the binoculars still (which is very difficult without a tripod).

• 1 month later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

Enjoy.

Also got the 4 Galilean moons too.Jupiter

Man, i have a telescope too. a skywatcher 145 zoom :) I've seen it in abit more detail :) also i've zoomed right into the mood and seen one creater that is fairly big with dips and parts with dust dumbs :)