Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Winter Warmer

Help Save Liverpool Fc

hey everyboby so as alot of you football fans will know liverpool fc have been put into alot of debt by are owners.and as fans of football in general i feel we need to stick together it could so easily be anyones club so if you could spare 7 minutes of your time to watch the the youtube link below and rate it that would be great because i feel tom hicks getting yet another loan is'nt just bad for liverpool fc but bad for the sport in general

thanks for your time

well im a baggies fan through and through, but that video really is saying something, liverpool is one of the most respected clubs in world football and deserves better

I just wish that Hicks & Gillet would just * back to America, all they are doing by there stalling & greed is destroying a English institution....rant over (sorry mods about the bad language, but as a life long Liverpool FC fan, I really don't know how else to vent my frustration!)

well im a baggies fan through and through, but that video really is saying something, liverpool is one of the most respected clubs in world football and deserves better

Its funny how recently it was Accrington Stanley who are they ? Now its Liverpool who are they ? :unsure:

I dont think they will go down

azores92 thanks for the support it helps we need everyone to make sure tom hicks can not get another loan to cover what they owe

aj i feel your pain this is a statment that lfc.tv have given

Liverpool Football Club tonight issued the following press statement:

spacer.gif The Board of Directors have received two excellent financial offers to buy the Club that would repay all its long-term debt. A Board meeting was called today to review these bids and approve a sale. Shortly prior to the meeting, the owners - Tom Hicks and George Gillett - sought to remove Managing Director Christian Purslow and Commercial Director Ian Ayre from the Board, seeking to replace them with Mack Hicks and Lori Kay McCutcheon.

This matter is now subject to legal review and a further announcement will be made in due course.

Meanwhile Martin Broughton, Christian Purslow and Ian Ayre continue to explore every possible route to achieving a sale of the Club at the earliest opportunity.

lfc statement

its pretty obvious that there going to try and hang on until they get over the odds money or the club is dead

There are dozens of clubs up and down the country suffering from the effects of debt, some are about to go out of existence. Why should big old Liverpool get any special treatment?! Couldn't care less if they got relegated frankly.

There are dozens of clubs up and down the country suffering from the effects of debt, some are about to go out of existence. Why should big old Liverpool get any special treatment?! Couldn't care less if they got relegated frankly.

If that's the way you feel Nick, then why bother posting on this thread, apart from feeling the need to make an inflammatory comment??..the thread's title is "Help to save Liverpool FC"

Why? They lived beyond their means and should like any company got to the wall. They've been taking all the major money allowing smaller clubs too suffer so why should anyone save them??

Anyway they're in the process of being sold, maybe that is if the arguing directors can stop arguing to put pen to paper.

It's the footballing authorities made sure that companies were run properly and were solvent. This won't really happen too one big club does go to the wall.

The longer the poor management of clubs goes on the bigger the debts will get.

At the end of the day fans suffer when the gravy train hits the bumper.

At least you're in a better state than SWFC who face a winding up order.

If that's the way you feel Nick, then why bother posting on this thread, apart from feeling the need to make an inflammatory comment??..the thread's title is "Help to save Liverpool FC"

I think that’s a fair comment. Such remarks are not required.

I support Luton Town and can see what’s happen to them over the last 20yrs. :cray:

I think Liverpool are big enough to bounce back who ever buys them.

I wish you well but I'm not sure you will get much support from the neutrals.

It would be it like saying ‘support Cheryl Cole in her building application’.

Sorry guys, but we all know that football supporting can be a bit tribal please don't start getting personal just because someone doesn't agree with the theme of the thread etc..

Have to say as a lifelong everton supporter, it's a rare day to be the richest team on merseyside :whistling:

fair enough Paul, but judging by the thread title, this thread is not a debating thread, its simply a request by the O.P to help support the club in its ongoing struggles....If members don't want to support the 'cause' then don't post....simples! :)

What the thread does show is the need for clubs to be forced to live within their means.

How many clubs have gone into administration??

Bournmouth Twice I think.

Luton

Hull

Leeds Twice effectively.

Boston United.

Portsmouth

On the brink

Sheffield Wednesday

Heavily in Debt

Man UTD (Glaciers debt)

Liverpool

Arsenal

The list of shame here http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jun/03/english-premier-league-debt

Hope it gets sorted soon, it's a bad situation at the moment for the fans.

My team Newcastle lived beyond their means and we got punished for it, but we're rebuilding now.

I think Liverpool will suffer too but not so bad that they are relegated. Probably all the big spenders will run into trouble eventually.

I guess this solves things financially then?

Liverpool to be bought by Boston Red Sox owners

news.bbc.co.uk/football

I guess this solves things financially then?

news.bbc.co.uk/football

Not so sure the guy behind the company has 500 million worth to his name yet Liverpool owe £400 million. Could be from one frying pan into another.

It would be it like saying ‘support Cheryl Cole in her building application’.

mmm nice...where do i go for that one???

I wonder if Scudamore will give special ruling over Liverpool's possible point deduction????

Rumours say the deal would be off if points were deducted.

I agree with Nick.

The powers that be would never allow big old Liverpool to go out of existence/into admin anyway. They won the Champions League a few times you know :wallbash:

They will get over this financial hiccup and end up in lower-mid table.

The powers that be would never allow big old Liverpool to go out of existence/into admin anyway. They won the Champions League a few times you know :wallbash:

They will get over this financial hiccup and end up in lower-mid table.

Liverpool were band from europe late eightes. Stopped my team Coventry from playing in europe after winning FA cup did not hear much moaning up there about that, Would have been great for Cov to have played the likes of AC milan etc.

5 QCs 5 hrs of legal rangles , I think even the judge went to sleep

£320 million offer, decision by 10am tomorrow. RBS want acceptance of the offer.

£320 million offer, decision by 10am tomorrow. RBS want acceptance of the offer.

Kerching!

Tom Hicks and George Gillett are heading for the exit at Liverpool after losing their High Court battle today.

The court granted injunctions in favour of the Royal Bank of Scotland that should now open the way for the prompt sale of Liverpool.

www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football

What a ridiculous mess.

Peter Lim pulls out. This is beyond a joke now. How has football been allowed to descend into this business obsessed farce?

• High pressure in the driving seat until at least the end of May

High pressure continues to dominate our weather until at least early next week, with most staying dry and fine. The warm conditions will spread north, and the highest temperatures will transfer to the west as the high moves east and eventually over Scandinavia. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

More warmth and little rain in the forecast as May ends

HIgh pressure is slipping over the UK bringing settled and dry weather. Light winds before it moves away eastwards at the end of the week and the warmth extends northwards. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather