Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

My Treat - Weather Station

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Maybe you were doing it wrong -

Press search once > when you hear the beep press it again but HOLD it in and soon you will hear another beep. It will start searching then.

what do you mean i pressed seach and then no beep but you need to hold it down then you get a beep? Ahh I think I know why wether the packaging tape may have not been removed. so I can possibly sort that out :p Now the temp sensor ill need help though on how to fix it I cant move it so thats not an option but how can I stop the sunlight effecting it ? lol :')

My idea is to cover the front of the sensor in cardboard with holes in but unsure it would work? any other cheap easy solutions? :)

Edited by Snowstorm1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

In August, i treated myself to the Oregon Scientific Solar Weather Station BAR808HG. It's been perfect so far, i have three temperature sensors situated around outside the house. I would recommend anyone to get this weather station if they just want to record temperature and humidity...I used to have a full weather station with wind and rainfall...but it died very quick. I wouldn't mind getting a rain sensor though.

Posted

make sure you have the wind sensor pointing north.there should be marks on the main housing.

loads of help on here Shaun http://sandaysoft.com/forum/

Hi thanks for the reply.

Yes it is pointing North but it would be irrelevant in my case because I just want the wind vane direction indicator to stop pointing in the opposite direction of the wind. Well at least it goes in the line of wind it's just pointing the wrong way around so instead of a Westerly wind it would indicate an Easterly wind (I'm not talking about the base display I'm talking about the actual physical indicator outside).

Hope you understand, regards :)