Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Rainfall Totals For October 2010

Posted

This is looking like the wettest start to october on record as far as here in showing 35mm and heavy rain currently.

Ground is now saturated brook is full.

An inch or more looking likely today now,wettest 24hr period this year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

I've already recorded 44mm's, that's more than the 41mm's for the whole of September.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Just under 48 mm here so far this month up to 0800 g.m.t today. There's probably been another 4 mm since then.

Posted
  • Location: Crocketford nr Dumfries, Dumfries and Galloway 124m a.s.l
  • Location: Crocketford nr Dumfries, Dumfries and Galloway 124m a.s.l

23mm here on Friday and 13mm yesterday.

Edited by dave.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Ground is absolutely saturated round these here parts after this morning's deluge. Torrential rain for a time that wasn't even forecast this far west. Local brook is at its bankfull limit and there is some flooding issues on local roads. No idea of totals but I would estimate getting on for two inches once Friday's rain is accounted for.

post-10987-002392900 1286112226_thumb.jp

post-10987-042404600 1286112259_thumb.jp

Edited by CreweCold

Posted

63.2mm here, and it was dry yesterday!

64.8mm here, and it was dry yesterday!

Wettest day of the year today, 35.4mm and not done yet

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Just a paltry 19.4mm. We missed the 2nd heavy burst as it skirted round us.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

A paltry 21mm here.

Posted

63.2mm here, and it was dry yesterday!

Wettest day of the year today, 35.4mm and not done yet

4wd, can I ask a favour, drop your nearest town in your avatar please then I know what area you are talking about. If its in your sig, apologies but I swtched those off as some folk have very long ones.

many thanks

jh

We had variable rain yesterday travelling through Picardy but this morning it was clear with about 7/8ths high cloud. By the time we stopped for lunch at Orleans it was a pleasant 24C which was ideal for al fresco dining. As we got further south the temp peaked at 28C but cooled to 25C as we entered the Massife, however Meteo France are promising us rain with isolated thunderstorms for tomorrow with a rapid drop in temp at our current location (Issoire, just south of Clermont Ferrond - despite looking we could not find that Stevenson fellow with his donkey)tomorrow afternoon. By that time we will be at Capestang, not as cold but wet weather expected for a day or so.

'Er indoors was quit bemused by driving through Paris listening to the Archers on am radio.

As for Friday 01.10.2010, it rained pretty well all day at Watford but no really heavy stuff. Sat am was fairly dry until we got to France, then mostly drizzle with some heavier bursts in between.

Posted

52.3% of average rainfall 40 mm so far not bad. Not expecting too add much to it this week as a mainly dry week is forecast for us.

Posted

64.8 mm here so far this month which is pretty wet but not exceptional. 100mm in the first week would be quite unusual but that looks very unlikely.

Posted

Another heavy fall of rain to come overnight/tomorrow morning. Just 12mm will take my reading past 3 inches for the month already. However

after the rain and then showers clear by tomorrow afternoon it looks like being dry for a long time.

What chance of there being hardly any more rainfall all month after 75mm ish in the opening 6 days?!

I would expect around 20mm here from this system so we'd be running at 83mm if that happened.

Posted

I don't measure the rainfall, but I do know that my pond which needed about 8 inches (200mm) to refill, has suddenly come within 30mm of being full. The ground has been so dry though, we have no puddles on the land, or water flowing down the lanes.

Posted

Well the heavy rainfall ended up again in a completely different place from forecast less than 12 hours ago which isn't very good forecasting. Twice in seven days where the placement was wrong. Timing has also been out. Morning forecast talking about clearance at lunchtime when it's already happening. On Sunday the met office had a heavy rain warning out for the afternoon when it arrived around six in the morning.

Anyway the heavy rain was one brief heavy shower which produced 1.8mm of rain.

Posted

Another heavy fall of rain to come overnight/tomorrow morning. Just 12mm will take my reading past 3 inches for the month already. However

after the rain and then showers clear by tomorrow afternoon it looks like being dry for a long time.

What chance of there being hardly any more rainfall all month after 75mm ish in the opening 6 days?!

I would expect around 20mm here from this system so we'd be running at 83mm if that happened.

Oops, just 7mm overnight/first thing! So we're on 70mm for the month.

Posted

After an interestingly wet start we're now stuck on 69.6mm and it doesn't look like changing in the near future.

• 3 weeks later...