Winter Forecast

BucksSnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

I really want to know as well :cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

im assuming net weather will be making the forecast,but i think positive wetaher solutions team up with them lol

LOL.

Eeesh... If they say an early winter, with record cold and snow in November and December, I would jump around every single spot in Durham. I don't care if January and February are 15C and scorching. I just want the time between early November and Late December to be Cold and Snowy. I don't like late Winter, just early Winter. ~

Random Rant Over...

Posted

heres a little teaser that someone posted a week or so ago from the net weather extra

cfsdecember.png even colder than last december

obviously the winter forecast maybe different, but if this is what is being progged from net extra, surely the winter forecast due to update will be very similar.

cfs charts are going very cold too now.

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa...ina/images3/euT2mMon.gif

msp_thumbup.gif

people are saying this winter is unlikely to be as cold as the last as it usually occurs every 30 years, i believe if another cold winter comes off that we could be in new territory. that is my opinion

i do believe we will at least get a severe month or a very memorable spell of weather from the upcoming winter.

Edited by snowlover2009

Posted

The latest CFS charts do indeed look good at the mo but these will chop and change. I would think that Netweather's update will point towards a cold start to Winter whenever it's released!

Posted

It's not the official winter forecast (that's out in october), it's the usual long range update which occurs every month, and no we certainly don't team up with PWS!!

It'll be online in the next hour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

It's not the official winter forecast (that's out in october), it's the usual long range update which occurs every month, and no we certainly don't team up with PWS!!

It'll be online in the next hour.

Ah... right, I know where that is. Take half a degree off in the North East, thanks. :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Didn't even know there was a Winter forecast due today.

Not much point in making a thread complaining about it though. It's like waiting for a band of snow to arrive - Patience is key. :good:

Posted

Very encouraging, i'd rather listen to the guys here on netweather rather than 'the experts' no offence. :good:

Posted

Just wanted to copy this info in here, full winter forecast info:

Winter Forecast 2010 / 2011 - Release information

The full, official Winter forecast will be released during October, this detailed forecast is usually only made available to commercial clients of Netweather, but this Winter it will be freely available to all users along with additional supporting content. Please stay tuned for updates on the release date.

Posted

Thanks Paul (and thanks to GP for doing the forecasts!) Quick question, how did last winters forecast verify?