Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ZONE 51

The Commonwealth Games 2010

Commonwealth games  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Should the games be cancelled?

• No
    • Yes
    • Not sure

The Commonwealth games 2010 could be cancelled! if you have not heard the story then check out the latest news about the footbridge collapse near the main stadium in delhi, India.

I have added a poll with this thread, please discuss your thoughts here. thanks.

A good, but also in the grander scheme of things, a worrying subject, Nimbilus.

I think rather than spend almost £1 billion on hosting something that would be more at home on the Bravo Channel, that is to say a programme that shows disasters in sport. ("When Sports Goes Bad!" Don't take it off Sky!! One of the better channels!) I for one cannot blame athletes from all over the world being indecisive or pulling out altogether owing to health and safety issues.

So a bridge collapses, now a ceiling too in the weightlifting dept. Hmmm!! ("Who threw that dumbbell that high? You're only supposed to throw it above your head and keep hold of it!!")

Imagine in May 2012, just a few days from London 2012 Olympics, the same happens... (Should be England 2012, but it's London so sod the rest of the UK! :oops: Pfft!! ) And that what is happening in Delhi happens here? Health and satety executives would say... "Uh uh!!"

Or would they? :yahoo:

(Even so, given current ergonomics, may come back with Dehli belly!...)

Phil.

I thought the Commonwealth games where cancelled about 40 years ago...seriously is anybody that interested in them?

As for London 2012...the olympics are always named after the host city never the country...unlike the world cup of course

(Should be England 2012, but it's London so sod the rest of the UK! :shok: Pfft!! )
I'm not sure England's the rest of the UK either though.

I'm not sure England's the rest of the UK either though.

Only when it matters, OON.

Revenue to be gained and all that.

Phil.

Hosted by indians ......... built by cowboys! :whistling:

Buh boom... Tish! :yahoo:

Reminds me of an old joke...

Call centre :

"Hello, is Mr Wall there?"

Recipient : "No, there is no Mr Wall here!"

Call Centre : "Are there any Walls there?"

Recipient : "No, there are no Walls here!"

Call Centre : "Well be careful then as your roof is going to fall down!"