Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wales123098

Late September Political Poll, Including Av.

24 members have voted

1. 1. What party did you vote for in the UK General Election held on May 6th 2010?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrat
    • Plaid Cymru
    • UKIP
    • SNP
    • Other
  2. 2. Which party would you vote for if there was a GE held this week?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrat
    • Plaid Cymru
    • UKIP
    • SNP
    • Other
  3. 3. Are you happy with the Coalition government?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
  4. 4. AV political prefrences

• 1. Conservative 2. Liberal Democrat
    • 1. Conservative 2. Labour
    • 1. Conservative 2. UKIP
    • 1. Conservative 2. Other
    • 1. Labour 2. Liberal Democrat
    • 1. Labour 2. Conservative
    • 1. Labour 2. Plaid or SNP
    • 1. Labour 2. Other
    • 1. Liberal Democrat 2. Conservative
    • 1. Liberal Democrat 2. Labour
    • 1. Liberal Democrat 2. Other
    • other. (Preference not shown)
    • Undecided
  5. 5. Best PM of recent times?

• David Cameron
    • Tony Blair
    • Gordon Brown
    • John Major
    • None! All rubbish
    • Unsure

Conservatives soar in polls tonight. Labour and Conservative were tied last night. Boost from Lib Dem conference has boosted the Coalition. Government approval has risen from -8% to 1%. Conservatives 43% (+4%), Labour 36% (-3%), Liberals 14 (+1%). Labour is expected to have a boost from their conference but I predict polls falling back to these levels as the Tory confence takes away Labours boost from their own conference.

Irish Economy GDP back into recession. -1.2% growth. Hopefully no crisis will kick off with a slow down in the world economy lately.

AV voting intention unchanged, would still be 1. UKIP 2. Conservative.

AV voting intention unchanged, would still be 1. UKIP 2. Conservative.

Snap!

where is the option for none of the above?

Its either other or undecided.

Its either other or undecided.

none of the above would be better..and what about an option for did not vote..and would not vote?

I assume the pole with the Conservatives on 43% would give them a decent majority, though i would expect a big shift towards the Liberal Democrats when an election is called.

My preference is Conservatives, Liberal Democrats.

none of the above would be better..and what about an option for did not vote..and would not vote?

I will remember for next time. Im only a 16 year old A level student studying British and American politics:P Im doing it for interest. Keeping up with oponion with other netweather users. Whether or not they have changed their mind etc. Sorry it's not profesional enough for you.

I picked 1.Conservative 2.UKIP my 3. would be Lib Dems.

I've swayed from putting Lib Dems as my second pref because of the attack on the bankers and business by Cable. Attacking business and banker no mater how much they are to blame will not work. They will simply leave if the government is not on side with them. Plenty of other countries who would love to hold the headquartars of HSBC and Barclays.

I assume the pole with the Conservatives on 43% would give them a decent majority, though i would expect a big shift towards the Liberal Democrats when an election is called.

My preference is Conservatives, Liberal Democrats.

Yes would give them a moderate majority

Poll You Gov

Conservatives 41% (-2%)

Labour 37% (+1%)

Liberal Democrat 13% (-1)%

surprised Lib Dems haven't gone up.

It was 39/39/13 a few days ago and has been trending towards Labour for a bit. I reckon their new leader/conference boost will push them ahead and probably for a good few years as the cuts hit. Anyway, out of interest, my preference under AV (though if I could I would vote no in the referendum) would be 1.SNP 2. Green (if they were standing)3.SSP(if they were standing)4. Labour, which in reality would mean 1.SNP 2. Labour. In a Scottish Parliament election I would vote SNP in the constituency vote and SNP also in the regional vote, though in previous years I think the Greens/ SSP under Tommy Sheridan might've convinced me to vote for them in the latter.

It was 39/39/13 a few days ago and has been trending towards Labour for a bit. I reckon their new leader/conference boost will push them ahead and probably for a good few years as the cuts hit. Anyway, out of interest, my preference under AV (though if I could I would vote no in the referendum) would be 1.SNP 2. Green (if they were standing)3.SSP(if they were standing)4. Labour, which in reality would mean 1.SNP 2. Labour. In a Scottish Parliament election I would vote SNP in the constituency vote and SNP also in the regional vote, though in previous years I think the Greens/ SSP under Tommy Sheridan might've convinced me to vote for them in the latter.

Don't forget the Tory conference to finish everything off. You can see a demolishing of Labour there. Lab might go ahead for a week or so and then see polls go back to what they are now until the VAT rise.

Poll You Gov

Conservatives 41% (-2%)

Labour 37% (+1%)

Liberal Democrat 13% (-1)%

surprised Lib Dems haven't gone up.

I'm not, most of the people I knew who voted/would've voted LD are quite mad at Clegg. It's even more of a two horse race in Scotland now than it was before, and the coalition will be incredibly lucky to get even 30% between them in 2011.

Don't forget the Tory conference to finish everything off. You can see a demolishing of Labour there. Lab might go ahead for a week or so and then see polls go back to what they are now until the VAT rise.

I don't know, incumbency makes demolishing opponents a much tougher ask, and the new leader gives an almost automatic boost of a few points.

I'm not, most of the people I knew who voted/would've voted LD are quite mad at Clegg. It's even more of a two horse race in Scotland now than it was before, and the coalition will be incredibly lucky to get even 30% between them in 2011.

30%. I dont think so theres a core Conservative vote of about 33%. My family wont stop voteing them, we actually aplaud the plans to have a smaller state. You know were Conservatives its what we want.

30%. I dont think so theres a core Conservative vote of about 33%. My family wont stop voteing them, we actually aplaud the plans to have a smaller state. You know were Conservatives its what we want.

That comment came across somewhat ambiguously so I apologise for that. I meant in the Holyrood Elections of 2011, where the coalition share last time was a mere 33% and the tories are fighting the Lib Dems to be the third force in Scottish politics. I suppose you have Plaid Cymru in Wales, though they aren't as big a party as the SNP, but the Welsh Assembly Elections in 2011 might also see a squeeze on the coalition, according to one poll I saw for Wales.

That comment came across somewhat ambiguously so I apologise for that. I meant in the Holyrood Elections of 2011, where the coalition share last time was a mere 33% and the tories are fighting the Lib Dems to be the third force in Scottish politics. I suppose you have Plaid Cymru in Wales, though they aren't as big a party as the SNP, but the Welsh Assembly Elections in 2011 might also see a squeeze on the coalition, according to one poll I saw for Wales.

My Assembly seat will most likely stay Conservative. Current Tory AM has a 15% majority. Labour will most likely push ahead but I honestly can't see them winning in 2015. There has been talk of a rainbow coalition between Plaid, Conservatives and Liberals in Wales. It was going to happen in 2007 but the Liberals pulled out of the idea.

Kirsty Willaims (head of the liberals) suggested it at the Lib Dem conference. She said if it can work in westminister we can do it in Wales. We'll have to see. Plaid might go along with it if the Plaid leader could become First Minister with a tory as deputy.