Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

I Am Looking For A New Weather Station

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

Evening everyone

I am Looking to buy a new weather station!, reason being my old weather station has packed up on me!

{wear and tear} laughs, i id have a La Crosse 3600 which was running live on my web site, i have had this station

for about 5 years, and two days agao the wind and rain stopped sending data, i took the rain gauge and wind vane apart and completely cleaned them , but to no avail, so i have now decided it is time to buy a new station

i will have between £200 and £250 to spend, wheat im looking for is a weather station which will send data to

my Pc and then to my website any ideas, i am at a loss there are that many different weather stations out there its hard to decided which one to go for

Many thanks

nigel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

The main brands I am familiar with are Davis (the best, but very expensive) and Oregon Scientific (not quite as good but still very good, cheaper, but unfortunately no products in the £200-250 range at the moment).

I found an Irox for £235.00 which sounds like it probably has the features you want, but I don't know how good a brand Irox is:

https://www.weathershop.co.uk/shop/irox-prox2-weather-station.html

Posted

I have an Oregon Scientific WMR-200 and can thoroughly recommend it. It's over your budget (£350) but amazing they offer the very-similar WMR-100 for nearly £200 less!

As far as I know the sensors are the same; it just doesn't have a data logger (useful, but not essential if you PC's hooked up continuously).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Might be a bit late, but if wind and rain stopped being reported by a ws3600 (or ws23** - check the cable connections on the thermohygro sensor from the windvane and rain gauge.

I've had this problem on a ws3600 with corroded cable sockets, on the original ws3600 I had it was terminal, so I've kept an eye on the other ones, but then they probably weren't designed for 2500ft up a Scottish Mountain.