Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Walkers Guess Where It Will Rain And Win £10

westysweather

Posted

Just made a prediction for Kennacraig in Scotland (PA29). Looks a wet day on Tuesday :D Will see if im lucky. I take it you have three accounts Paul? I'll get my dad to put his next to mine to see if we can get £20!

Posted

Just made a prediction for Kennacraig in Scotland (PA29). Looks a wet day on Tuesday :D Will see if im lucky. I take it you have three accounts Paul? I'll get my dad to put his next to mine to see if we can get £20!

No 1 Guess on each day last week for Saturday.

Have already had 2 stabs at Western Scotland for Tuesday (11am until 2pm) Hopefully there are still squares left tomorrow in Scottieland before they pull the day as it looks really wet up there for Tuesday.

Need the Missus to get some more crisps for the kids as each Multi Pack (18 bags) has 3 guesses (Helps having 3 kids under 10 years old) Lol

Paul S

Posted

No 1 Guess on each day last week for Saturday.

Have already had 2 stabs at Western Scotland for Tuesday (11am until 2pm) Hopefully there are still squares left tomorrow in Scottieland before they pull the day as it looks really wet up there for Tuesday.

Need the Missus to get some more crisps for the kids as each Multi Pack (18 bags) has 3 guesses (Helps having 2 kids under 10 years old) Lol

Paul S

Think i might have another stab at Western Scotland, as you say it looks a wet day Tuesday! So do they pull the days where it looks really wet? (Sorry, this is my first go lol :) )

Posted

Dunblane yesterday was a winner! No chance of Northampton winning today though as the rain had stopped after 0700.

Tomorrow's pick in NE England looks marginal but you never know. Monday's pick in western Ireland even more so as the rain's progress has slowed since earlier model runs. And on Tuesday like you guys I've gone for a spot in NW Scotland between 0800-1100.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

I have had a crack at North West Scotland for Tuesday. Looks like a very heavy band of rain will pass through there.

Still a while off yet, and that track could still change.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Hi All,

Being a tight arsed accountant, I had a problem; I had to work out how to get the codes in the cheepest way (apart from stealing them off packs that you dont buy, or stealing them off disgarding packets in the office bin LOL *cough*)

Prawn cocktail individual packets have one code that is worth TWO predictor plays (2 days worth of guesses!). They are also my favorite flavour.

They are currently 3 for £1 in co-op.

Therefore, you get a predictor day play for 16.7p.

I have won £30, but have been so close on many occasions.

Another problem I had to solve: ...

After arriving home from work, my missus looked in horror at me struggling to carry 9 packets of the tastey morsals; 2 in mouth, 3 in suit pockets, 2 in right hand (left hand with laptop bag) and 1 up each of my trouser legs, just by the ankle - damn the co-ops 'no bag' ethics.

''This has gone to far, Paul, as usual your getting obsessed with something...''

''but honey....Every £10 i win i will put towards taking us out for a romantic meal togather, so fingers crossed i win, eh?''

''Yeeaah! is it going to rain much over the next couple of weeks? how much can we win? I hope we can go to '22 mill street' again''

win win win all around.,

burp,

Paul

Good story...I did not know about the double play packets...just bought 9 packets from Co-op so thats 18 plays for just £3! :drinks:

Missed out today I chose too far north of the front in scotland, and we have had a washout here so I should have played at home so to speak.

I am another banking on Tuesday to pay off in western Scotland, looks relatively dry tomorrow and Monday so not playing these days.

Posted

Just had a go for West Scotland on Tuesday at 8-11am also. I really like prawn cocktail flavour now, hadn't had them before. Reading Paul T's useful post I decided to buy 6 prawn cocktail packs. Thanks Paul!

Edit: I see someone else has done the same. :drinks:

Edited by StormMad26

Posted

Just had a go for West Scotland on Tuesday at 8-11am also. I really like prawn cocktail flavour now, hadn't had them before. Reading Paul T's useful post I decided to buy 6 prawn cocktail packs. Thanks Paul!

Edit: I see someone else has done the same. :drinks:

I bought 3 Worcester Sauce, 3 Prawn and 3 Smokey Bacon all of which are double play- you have to play them on different days though as still only allowed one go per day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer & Snowy Winter

My guesses were 3rd October and 4th October and i won £20

Edited by Luton-Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

I have to get myself into this....might get enough to buy my festival ticket for next year haha.

How does it work anyway?

Posted

I failed my first attempt!

how come some people are getting 3 guesses off the one pack?

Not sure. When I bought a six-pack I thought I'd get 6 attempts, but I only had one! Bit of a swizzle when you get 1 chance if you buy a single pack.

Posted

My wife buys the 18 bag Multi packs for the kids and the code inside has 3 attempts. Sounds about right (6 bags 1 Guess)

(18 Bags 3 Guesses)

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Best way to get guesses is to buy the packets on their own as you get 2 guesses per pack :)

Posted

i know someone mentioned this, but is it deffo ok to bet on the same day twice - or even three times? i.e on saturday i bet on tuesdays rain, and then again today i got another spot for tuesday, and may add a further column tomorrow first thing -

has anyone else done this?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

i know someone mentioned this, but is it deffo ok to bet on the same day twice - or even three times? i.e on saturday i bet on tuesdays rain, and then again today i got another spot for tuesday, and may add a further column tomorrow first thing -

Yes its fine Ive done it previously :)

Posted

I have to get myself into this....might get enough to buy my festival ticket for next year haha.

How does it work anyway?

basically there are around 75000 little squares over a map of the uk and ireland. each squared represents something like a 4km x 4km area.

you choose a square (max of one selection a day) where you think it will rain, and then you choose the time slot when you think it will rain (3 options of 8am-11am, 11am-2pm, 2pm-5pm). its actually harder than you think, as you are guessing around 3 days out.

I am really going for tuesday (south west scotland 8-11, and also 2-5 slightly further south); me and my missus accounts already have 4 squares picked (from sat and sun guess availablilty) and will pick another at just past midnight tonight hopefully (if there are some availble).

EDIT:

Thanks Snowstorm

Edited by Paul T

Posted

I have just done that now, got two bets on for western Scotland. I had one on for 2pm-5pm (which will be close going by the models) and a 9am to 11am that i have just put on today! My dad also had a bet on for the middle one. So good chances of us winning something however going by our luck most likely not :lol: I'm thinking of putting an bet on for South East England (Wednesday). Will see what Monday mornings models have to say!

Posted

I too am placing a lot on Tuesday, 6 goes from our family mostly in Eire and Scotland, plus one in Wales at various times, hope the fronts dont speed up too much otherwise they will be through before dawn!

Posted

Good story...I did not know about the double play packets...just bought 9 packets from Co-op so thats 18 plays for just £3! :drinks:

Missed out today I chose too far north of the front in scotland, and we have had a washout here so I should have played at home so to speak.

I am another banking on Tuesday to pay off in western Scotland, looks relatively dry tomorrow and Monday so not playing these days.

I did the same, went for NE Scotland based on the wrap-around occlusion as forecast on Thursday, but it progressively got pushed further south with each model run thereafter - shame really!

Posted

I've just received 13 individual cheques through the post!

Well done mate , i'm waiting on 7 , I can not believe I only found out about this last week , have lost hundreds lol. A very wet period coming up so am going to be making the most out of the last 3 weeks of the promotion. I hope the people start a petition to bring it back next year when it has finished.

The only Problem I got is what to do with all these packets of crisps i'm collecting up haha .

Chris

Posted

I did the same, went for NE Scotland based on the wrap-around occlusion as forecast on Thursday, but it progressively got pushed further south with each model run thereafter - shame really!

Me too - went for the West Highlands on Sat but the rain had already moved south of there by then so missed out. Had another £10 on Friday which I think brings my total wnnings up to £200.

Posted

Me too - went for the West Highlands on Sat but the rain had already moved south of there by then so missed out. Had another £10 on Friday which I think brings my total wnnings up to £200.

Ah, how have you won so much? I think I've had about 8 goes so far, and only 1 has actually won and that was my first attempt at 8 days in advance! I've got one down for today for SW Ireland which I placed on Thursday, since then the models delayed the arrival of the front but today's output is looking a little more promising for some rain later in the afternoon - whether it gets to 1mm by 5pm is yet to be decided.

I've also got two squares down for tomorrow on the Isle of Mull and southern Uplands, the only problem with them might be the chosen timeframe rather than the actual location. I've just picked another in SW Ireland for Wednesday afternoon. It's quite surprising just how tricky it is to actually get rain in your square - the forecast/models change and even if it does rain it doesn't always make 1mm.