Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Walkers Guess Where It Will Rain And Win £10

westysweather

Posted

Another win yesterday. Great stuff, I'm loving this game! :D

Looking at the radar my pick for today doesn't look bad either with a steady stream of showers coming in off the North Sea to affect E. Norfolk this morning, often directly over my spot! Fingers crossed - three in a row would be super.

In the meantime I have just made my punt for Saturday. This time I've gone for somewhere closer to home. But on Saturday there are lots of options with this front sweeping through the country Saturday daytime. Timing is a bit uncertain though so no guarantees, but definitely plenty of rain about.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Typical I picked a winning square yesterday but the wrong time slot! so frustrating

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

I am doing well this week, won on Monday and Tuesday (good old Scotland).

Friday looks good so I have gone for one in SW Scotland and one in the far north of Eire. Saturday should be good too but as Northants Snow says its all about getting the timing as the fronts look fast moving.

How long is this promotion going on for? Might have a go!

Until 16th November!

Edited by Tonyh

Posted

My first guess won £10 yesterday in Northern Scotland! :)

Disappointed to see I could only use the code from a multi-pack bag once though.

How have others been playing lots of times? or have they just brought loads of packs of crisps!

Posted

I've bought lots of packets of crisps. Bit annoyed I didn't win anything yesterday though, could have sworn my squares were wet enough ..... Mind, shows how seriously I'm taking it when I feel I've lost money because insufficent rain fell in 'my' square!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

I've bought lots of packets of crisps. Bit annoyed I didn't win anything yesterday though, could have sworn my squares were wet enough ..... Mind, shows how seriously I'm taking it when I feel I've lost money because insufficent rain fell in 'my' square!

I thought you won £120?

If you have spent £120 on crisps then you need to quit, you're addicted. :rofl:

Posted

My first guess won £10 yesterday in Northern Scotland! :)

Disappointed to see I could only use the code from a multi-pack bag once though.

How have others been playing lots of times? or have they just brought loads of packs of crisps!

I got three predictor plays from one multipack. Can't remember how big the multipack was but it said triple chances on the packaging. Also from one single packet I received 2 predictor plays the other day, although generally you only get one for these. And you also get a free predictor play by completing their survey. (very quick to do)

But yes generally we're just buying loads of crisps!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, snow in winter, wind in Autumn and rainbows in the spring!

Guys have you not sussed this one out yet? There are only so many weather statiosn recording the weather by the meto... take the Skye Lusa site, if youplum for Portree and its dry buy Cullins get rain you win, supposedly... however they cut and shut sqaures. Its the biggests marketing con going. The tattie harvet was rubbish this year doe to a very wet summer and that crisps are poor quality... they are alot more expensive than the mutlipacks and yes they will make you fat, so fat your not going to be able to get out your seats to cash the cheque!

The good news is that its been not a bad october here because of it.. thanks guys!

PS you wont have any luck here today either as although its raining its less than 3mm

Posted

Guys have you not sussed this one out yet? There are only so many weather statiosn recording the weather by the meto... take the Skye Lusa site, if youplum for Portree and its dry buy Cullins get rain you win, supposedly... however they cut and shut sqaures. Its the biggests marketing con going. The tattie harvet was rubbish this year doe to a very wet summer and that crisps are poor quality... they are alot more expensive than the mutlipacks and yes they will make you fat, so fat your not going to be able to get out your seats to cash the cheque!

The good news is that its been not a bad october here because of it.. thanks guys!

PS you wont have any luck here today either as although its raining its less than 3mm

Marketing con or not a few of us are doing well out of this!

As far as I know they calculate the rain for the squares from the MO radar accumulations (must be similar to the NW feature?), so don't think its a fiddle.

Also, its not 3mm to win its 1mm in defined 3 hour time slots through the day time, so its actually generous!

Quoting from the WRD site:

Walker's Rainy Days

To reach 1mm or more of rain, you are looking for continuous rain for three hours that you can readily feel on your face and will make the ground wet, or a slight shower that lasts for 30 minutes and causes puddles to form. It is worth remembering that a steady drizzle of three hours may not actually give 1 mm.

The winning grid-spots will be verified against data provided on a daily basis by the Met Office, and all such rainfall results provided by the Met Office.....

Edited by Tonyh

Posted

I have just won a tenner for the third day in a row!

It's not a con at all. It's being done in conjunction with Met Office data.

If you don't want to take part because you're worried the crisps will make you fat, fair enough, but don't spoil the fun for the rest of us. The promotion is completely legitimate and to their credit is being extremely well run by Walkers.

Posted

Have to admit I've won a 3 figure sum so far, so I agree no con certainly.

As to eating the crisps, I've got an expanding amount in my draw, which I will probably end up giving away, but atm I am averaging over £10 per a 40p packet of Bacon crisps. !

Posted

Well I have done it another way, and all my Eggs in 1 Basket today with (3 Guesses) for areas well NW Of Glasgow look like paying me handsomely today, had 11am to 2pm and it is chucking it down :yahoo:

Another 3 guesses for Saturday look good as well so hopefully the kids Multi Pack Walkers crisps will give me some betting money once I cash the cheques.

Paul S

Posted

1 Square out this is getting so frustrating -.- Ive had a guess today in this square 70255 its in Nw Scotland for 8am to 11am any chance of it winning? :)

Posted

1 Square out this is getting so frustrating -.- Ive had a guess today in this square 70255 its in Nw Scotland for 8am to 11am any chance of it winning? :)

Just had a look over this morning's radar. A fair amount of mod/heavy rain crossed right over your square during those times. So yep, I'm pretty confident that one should be a winner for you!

Posted

A bet for somwhere in the republic of Ireland sometime on Monday evening? Might have a go!

Edit: They don't do after 5pm, might have to wait till Tuesday

Edited by mark bayley

Posted

Well after the girl in NW Scotland said no-one would win yesterday I am pleased to announce that all 3 squares of mine were winners and have just hit the "Claim" button and filled out my name and address - £30 will be with me within 10 days.

Still think it is a con ??

Paul S :air_kiss:

Posted

Just had a look over this morning's radar. A fair amount of mod/heavy rain crossed right over your square during those times. So yep, I'm pretty confident that one should be a winner for you!

Yes you were right I won woo lol now today I have gone for the west coast of Ireland in the timeslot 2pm to 5pm and its looking good :p

Posted

I got three predictor plays from one multipack. Can't remember how big the multipack was but it said triple chances on the packaging. Also from one single packet I received 2 predictor plays the other day, although generally you only get one for these. And you also get a free predictor play by completing their survey. (very quick to do)

But yes generally we're just buying loads of crisps!

Ah thanks guys,

I may have to get eating/buying crisps! Still got another multi-pack to open though.

Posted

Should have a tenner from this morning near Kilmarnock, and probably again this afternoon from the top of Ireland, although more marginal perhaps.

Edited by Tonyh

Posted

Hi All,

Being a tight arsed accountant, I had a problem; I had to work out how to get the codes in the cheepest way (apart from stealing them off packs that you dont buy, or stealing them off disgarding packets in the office bin LOL *cough*)

Prawn cocktail individual packets have one code that is worth TWO predictor plays (2 days worth of guesses!). They are also my favorite flavour.

They are currently 3 for £1 in co-op.

Therefore, you get a predictor day play for 16.7p.

I have won £30, but have been so close on many occasions.

Another problem I had to solve: ...

After arriving home from work, my missus looked in horror at me struggling to carry 9 packets of the tastey morsals; 2 in mouth, 3 in suit pockets, 2 in right hand (left hand with laptop bag) and 1 up each of my trouser legs, just by the ankle - damn the co-ops 'no bag' ethics.

''This has gone to far, Paul, as usual your getting obsessed with something...''

''but honey....Every £10 i win i will put towards taking us out for a romantic meal togather, so fingers crossed i win, eh?''

''Yeeaah! is it going to rain much over the next couple of weeks? how much can we win? I hope we can go to '22 mill street' again''

win win win all around.,

burp,

Paul

Posted

I went for Dunblane this morning between 0800 and 1100. Looking at the radar there was a fair amount of rain around but not sure if it will be a winner. A little further north and west would have been more certain, but my pick was a bit more marginal.

Yesterday's pick was a dead loss but I knew that anyway, too far north. Tomorrow I've gone for the very town in which I reside between 0800-1100 but I'm a bit worried the rain will have moved on by then! That front will definitely give enough rain but it speeds through the country like nobody's business so no guarantees here.

On Sunday I've gone for a spot in NE England which looked better yesterday but now looks a little more patchy and on Monday I've taken a risk and chanced the west of Ireland in the late afternoon as that rain band makes its initial approaches.

Edited by NorthantsSnow

Posted

Lol

My 3 guesses are in and around Guildford for 11am until 2pm today, and a mass of rain is just about to hit that location............

Happy Days :whistling: