Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Walkers Guess Where It Will Rain And Win £10

westysweather

Posted

Should have gone south coast of England. Rob M on late forecast said a chance of some heavy stuff down there with thunder.

Edited by NorthantsSnow

The Western Scotland guess won on Wednesday, today's didn't and perhaps more chance in Southern Ireland tomorrow.

After that looking mostly dry.

Touch and go on my bet today in Ireland, some red radar in the square from 8am-9am but in the areas of SE Ireland, with only 15 min radar returns.

Gone for Southern Ireland again tomorrow, but may have a break for a few days, as there may be no winners.

Edit - Friday's square won (just), but Saturday's (today) no chacne.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Won £10 from Southern Ireland yesterday!

Up to £20 now. :p

Posted

Surprised to win another tenner on Saturday - the patchy radar coverage over SW Ireland (someone PLEASE sort out Shannon!!!) suggested I was going to miss out, but quite a few squares down there have paid out and hopefully some other winners from Net-Wx :)

Posted

Surprised to win another tenner on Saturday - the patchy radar coverage over SW Ireland (someone PLEASE sort out Shannon!!!) suggested I was going to miss out, but quite a few squares down there have paid out and hopefully some other winners from Net-Wx :)

Mememememe :D

Posted

I've just received 13 individual cheques through the post!

Well done! Sterling work.

Seems I was a bit late to the party here.

Edited by NorthantsSnow

Posted

Got 1 through today, probably another tomorrow. A free £20 isnt bad now is it. :)

Posted

Recieved my £20. :)

Posted

My first stab at this on the N Norfolk coast yesterday near Hunstanton didn't pay out. But a square to the very left of mine did. Gutted!

Fun game though. I will be playing daily from now on. (rain dependent)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, snow in winter, wind in Autumn and rainbows in the spring!

How come you were able to do that Essan I got an email from them saying to be fair on other peeps they were limiting the number of squares to one a day. I gave up after the dry spell we have had, I found that they would close all the squares down and exclude rainy days forecast. Its been really dry up here the past week and next week looks like snow so no point!

Posted

You can only pick one square each day, but if you're crafty you can, for example, pick a square today for the 19th and then tomorrow pick another square for the 19th (so long as you do so before 8.00am). It does mean some days you can't have any squares selected but if you think it looks like being dry on the 20th, it may be worth doing :)

And you can pick any square in the country, not necessarily one near where you live. My winning squares on Friday were on Hoy (Orkneys) and the Cuillin.

Edited by Essan

Posted

Yet again I was one square away from a winning grid spot with my prediction for Sunday. This time I went for a spot in NW Scotland near Achallander along the A82. A square to the top left of mine would have been a hit!

My prediction for today was again in the north-west. This time on the Sound of Sleat opposite Isle of Skye. Watching the radar this morning there were frequent outbreaks of rain moving through the area so I've got my fingers crossed for this one!

Tomorrow I've gone for a spot in N. Wales and Wednesday E. Norfolk.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

i was 3 squares out yesterday ! so frustrating lol i havent chose one for today but tommorrow I have picked a place in Ne Scotland

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Most of NW Scotland has managed it today. My square in the Highlands has just had a very heavy shower that should do it!

£30 so far from 5 previous attempts. Should be less hit and miss Friday and over the weekend with a much more unsettled theme and more widespread.

North or west Scotland does seem the area to go for though. I too have one in the NE of Scotland for tomorrow.

Might have won £10, I went for the far NW of Scotland today, and tomorrow I have 2 attempts in NE Scotland.

Double win for me on Friday, £40 now, and I have received the first cheque. Looks promising for me today as well, as I have 2 squares in NW Scotland.

Posted

Is anyone sick of eating crisps yet?

Posted

Double win for me on Friday, £40 now, and I have received the first cheque. Looks promising for me today as well, as I have 2 squares in NW Scotland.

L OOKING GOOD JACK ONE easy to back favorites lol.

Is anyone sick of eating crisps yet?

LOOKING GOOD JACK ONE easy to back favorites lol.

I was just wondering how much money this promotion is costing Walkers, well at least they are not offering free flights to the USA. <_<

Posted

I was just wondering how much money this promotion is costing Walkers

It seems to be run by an outside company who are bearing the costs (and I would assume they have insurance to limit their exposure). The 1st Oct must have been a nightmare for them, but since then payouts have been much lower.

Missed out on Sunday but hopefully bagged another tenner today :)

It seems to be run by an outside company who are bearing the costs (and I would assume they have insurance to limit their exposure). The 1st Oct must have been a nightmare for them, but since then payouts have been much lower.

Missed out on Sunday but hopefully bagged another tenner today :)

Cheers for that, I would imagine that they would have taken out some sort of market research as to estimate likely payouts. It also seems that guesses are concentrating on Scotland as opposed to areas in the South East as was the case during the start of the promotion.