Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Walkers Guess Where It Will Rain And Win £10

westysweather

Posted

Im not sure if someone has highlighted this competetion on here befroe or even if i am putting it in the right section, but some of you might fancy having a go, and with all your knowledge im sure there will be a fair few that rake in a crisp tenner (excuse the pun)

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/corporate/pressoffice/2010/pr20100917.html

this link explains the criteria for the competition

http://www.walkers.co.uk/rainyday/home/default.aspx?fr=home

this one is to enter the competition.

i dont know if this violates any forum rules or not so apologies in advance if it does.

best of luck otherwise!

Posted

Got word of this one coming up earlier this week, not sure about soggy crisps though! :unsure:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, snow in winter, wind in Autumn and rainbows in the spring!

does anyone have a pack code handy, my girls have eaten all the crisps and after telling them a dozen times stuck the empty packets in the bin not in there school bag!

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Won £20 yesterday - not a very good start but all my squares were up in the Highlands and selected about a week ago - as the comp gets going and we're picking squares just one or two days in advance it should be easier to hone in on likely rain elsewhere too :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Won £20 yesterday - not a very good start but all my squares were up in the Highlands and selected about a week ago - as the comp gets going and we're picking squares just one or two days in advance it should be easier to hone in on likely rain elsewhere too :)

Its a shame you can only enter once a day Im helping my mam place her predictions lol :rofl:

Edited by Snowstorm1

Posted

Actually, it was £70 I won yesterday :cold: (but they only sent me 2 emails) Don't think I'll win anything today though :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Rain falling on the Western isles of Scotland now should bring me £10. That is of course unless it's a scam. :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Yey ive won £30 well my mam has but I helped her predict em lmao so im getting £15 wheeey

Posted

£10 richer here after yesterday's, admittedly, 'surprise' rainfall for the Lake District - I selected the square last Sunday (26 Sep) and then the forecast changed so I thought I had a no chance, but the rain took a nice detour instead :doh:

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Rather dry period coming up after tomorrow, so I imagine they wont be dishing out as much money as recently!

Posted

Aye it's going to be tricky to win much over the next week - I'm on £130 so far plus hopefully at least another £10 today

Posted

Aye it's going to be tricky to win much over the next week - I'm on £130 so far plus hopefully at least another £10 today

You must love the good old cheese and onion. :p

Posted

High pressure will scupper anyone's chances of a win in the short term - my fiance won a tenner today though with a bet placed up in scotland. Finishes on 16th November, so this high better not hang around or walkers will get an easy ride

Posted

hi my mum saw the advert and said that can't be hard. would have been funny to do it in the spring and start of summer though when hardly anywhere saw in any rain and when they did, it would have been hard to guess a location with little rain lol

i wonder if walkers have been watching the forecasts lately. virtually many areas will see no rain next week, maybe the exteme southwest.

Edited by snowlover2009

Posted

Well, it seems like an Indian Summer is about to bestow us. (As he looks outside @ 07:22am and can't see much for FOG!!) dry.gif

Well, according to this -----> http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20101006/tuk-britain-set-to-enjoy-indian-summer-6323e80.html

This is the weekend forecast. :) And as regarding last Friday and Sunday. I claim my £20. That was not rain... It was almost a monsoon, on both days!!

:)

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

My square in W Scotland didn't win yesterday, despite at least two showers passing over between 14:00 and 17:00.

It needed 1mm for a win, Netweather accumulation radar looked like 1-1.5mm fell, must have been close.

Great comp for us, well done those who are making decent money.

Posted

Has anyone actually received any wonga yet?

Posted

Has anyone actually received any wonga yet?

No, but the rules state that cheques will be sent out 2nd class post after about 10 days - so the first ones should arrive later next week. Walker's would have a serious PR problem if they didn't cough up :D

My first two guesses missed out, but today's guess in western Scotland looks good judging by the radar. I have gone for SE Ireland for Thursday and Friday.

The Western Scotland guess won on Wednesday, today's didn't and perhaps more chance in Southern Ireland tomorrow.

After that looking mostly dry.

Posted

The Western Scotland guess won on Wednesday, today's didn't and perhaps more chance in Southern Ireland tomorrow.

After that looking mostly dry.

I have my bet on Ireland tomorrow.

Looked at the GFS on Wednesday to see any precip. Saw that on the Southern coasts of Ireland, so put my bet on that. Hopefully I am right.