Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

westysweather

Walkers Guess Where It Will Rain And Win £10

Im not sure if someone has highlighted this competetion on here befroe or even if i am putting it in the right section, but some of you might fancy having a go, and with all your knowledge im sure there will be a fair few that rake in a crisp tenner (excuse the pun)

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/corporate/pressoffice/2010/pr20100917.html

this link explains the criteria for the competition

http://www.walkers.co.uk/rainyday/home/default.aspx?fr=home

this one is to enter the competition.

i dont know if this violates any forum rules or not so apologies in advance if it does.

best of luck otherwise!

Got word of this one coming up earlier this week, not sure about soggy crisps though! :unsure:

Crisps every day for me :nea:

does anyone have a pack code handy, my girls have eaten all the crisps and after telling them a dozen times stuck the empty packets in the bin not in there school bag!

Won £20 yesterday - not a very good start but all my squares were up in the Highlands and selected about a week ago - as the comp gets going and we're picking squares just one or two days in advance it should be easier to hone in on likely rain elsewhere too :rofl:

Won £20 yesterday - not a very good start but all my squares were up in the Highlands and selected about a week ago - as the comp gets going and we're picking squares just one or two days in advance it should be easier to hone in on likely rain elsewhere too :)

Its a shame you can only enter once a day Im helping my mam place her predictions lol :rofl:

Actually, it was £70 I won yesterday :cold: (but they only sent me 2 emails) Don't think I'll win anything today though :(

Rain falling on the Western isles of Scotland now should bring me £10. That is of course unless it's a scam. :doh:

Yey ive won £30 well my mam has but I helped her predict em lmao so im getting £15 wheeey

£10 richer here after yesterday's, admittedly, 'surprise' rainfall for the Lake District - I selected the square last Sunday (26 Sep) and then the forecast changed so I thought I had a no chance, but the rain took a nice detour instead :doh:

Rather dry period coming up after tomorrow, so I imagine they wont be dishing out as much money as recently!

Aye it's going to be tricky to win much over the next week - I'm on £130 so far plus hopefully at least another £10 today

Aye it's going to be tricky to win much over the next week - I'm on £130 so far plus hopefully at least another £10 today

You must love the good old cheese and onion. :p

High pressure will scupper anyone's chances of a win in the short term - my fiance won a tenner today though with a bet placed up in scotland. Finishes on 16th November, so this high better not hang around or walkers will get an easy ride

My first two guesses missed out, but today's guess in western Scotland looks good judging by the radar. I have gone for SE Ireland for Thursday and Friday.

hi my mum saw the advert and said that can't be hard. would have been funny to do it in the spring and start of summer though when hardly anywhere saw in any rain and when they did, it would have been hard to guess a location with little rain lol

i wonder if walkers have been watching the forecasts lately. virtually many areas will see no rain next week, maybe the exteme southwest.

Well, it seems like an Indian Summer is about to bestow us. (As he looks outside @ 07:22am and can't see much for FOG!!) dry.gif

Well, according to this -----> http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20101006/tuk-britain-set-to-enjoy-indian-summer-6323e80.html

This is the weekend forecast. :) And as regarding last Friday and Sunday. I claim my £20. That was not rain... It was almost a monsoon, on both days!!

:)

Phil.

My square in W Scotland didn't win yesterday, despite at least two showers passing over between 14:00 and 17:00.

It needed 1mm for a win, Netweather accumulation radar looked like 1-1.5mm fell, must have been close.

Great comp for us, well done those who are making decent money.

Has anyone actually received any wonga yet?

Has anyone actually received any wonga yet?

No, but the rules state that cheques will be sent out 2nd class post after about 10 days - so the first ones should arrive later next week. Walker's would have a serious PR problem if they didn't cough up :D

Did the Met Office tip off Walkers that a dry October was expected? Still, a good idea for a promotion.

My first two guesses missed out, but today's guess in western Scotland looks good judging by the radar. I have gone for SE Ireland for Thursday and Friday.

The Western Scotland guess won on Wednesday, today's didn't and perhaps more chance in Southern Ireland tomorrow.

After that looking mostly dry.

The Western Scotland guess won on Wednesday, today's didn't and perhaps more chance in Southern Ireland tomorrow.

After that looking mostly dry.

I have my bet on Ireland tomorrow.

Looked at the GFS on Wednesday to see any precip. Saw that on the Southern coasts of Ireland, so put my bet on that. Hopefully I am right.

• Temperatures into heatwave territory and no rain

Some parts of the UK could qualify for heatwave conditions later this week and it's not the usual suspects. No rain as water levels decline and how are the evening skies for LanuchAmerica viewing? Watch the video here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

High pressure in the driving seat until at least the end of May

High pressure continues to dominate our weather until at least early next week, with most staying dry and fine. The warm conditions will spread north, and the highest temperatures will transfer to the west as the high moves east and eventually over Scandinavia. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather