Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Snow Cat

Anti-Crepuscular Rays

Are these Anti-crepuscular rays with a rainbow as part of the ray, or perhaps just Anti-crepuscular rays coincidentally converging with a rainbow. I thought it looked interesting. The sun was on the opposite horizon and behind clouds at the time so it's not direct sun rays. I did a video and pan of sky at the time but by that time the rainbow part was fading and it was hard to see.

Are these Anti-crepuscular rays with a rainbow as part of the ray, or perhaps just Anti-crepuscular rays coincidentally converging with a rainbow. I thought it looked interesting. The sun was on the opposite horizon and behind clouds at the time so it's not direct sun rays. I did a video and pan of sky at the time but by that time the rainbow part was fading and it was hard to see.

I suspect your second suggestion is nearer the mark as being part of the ray doesn't seem quite right.

Edit.

Thinking about it again they could be partially superimposed with the distance from the camera of the two a fair bit different. Difficult to say really.

• Heatwave conditions possible to end May

Some parts of the UK could qualify for heatwave conditions during the final days of May. With temperatures widely into the 20s Celsius. Read more here

Jo Farrow
    Jo Farrow
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Dry, sunny and warm end to May but is there a pattern change on the horizon?

The already very dry May will end with more dry, sunny and warm weather across all of the UK. This theme continues into the first few days of June, but there could be a change on the way later next week. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather