Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Meto Uk Further Outlook

Stuart

Posted

Yea, pretty much countrywide mild next week, but thereafter big hints at yet another easterly, with potential for 'significant snow' in the south... Bless them!, They're not giving up on that one until it happens  ! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Monday 15 Feb - Wednesday 24 Feb

Rather cloudy with rain at times into Monday with any snow likely being restricted to the high grounds of Scotland, though there is signal for some widespread snow to low levels plausible. Temperatures remain split, with the northeast seeing around average while feeling milder in the south and west. However, the boundary between these two layers moves slightly north - giving some milder and wetter conditions into central and western areas. Through the rest of next week, conditions look likely to turn milder and wetter than seen recently. The heaviest and most frequent spells of rain and showers are likely in the west, with conditions drier and brighter at times in the east. By next weekend colder and drier conditions may gradually become established once again.

Wednesday 24 Feb - Wednesday 10 Mar

Into late February there is a signal for higher than average pressure to expand westwards leading to an increased chance of snow showers redeveloping in the east, for conditions in the north to become generally quite settled and for unsettled weather in the south, with disruptive snow possible. A similar picture continues into March, though milder conditions in the west look more likely to spread northwards.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow freezing rain heat waves

Seems there suggesting very cold spell England and Wales dryer in the north.

Edited by Scandinavian High.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Ackkers said:

Interesting MO update suggests they are convinced by the EC46 model output with heights rising to the north again retrogressing and continental low pressure setting up another easterly.

Confusing/conflicting models ....lots to sort out over the next few runs??

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.
16 hours ago, bluearmy said:

I expect a further downwelling Wave so maybe next week is just an interlude ....Marco tweeted that less cold is likely coming next week 

Seems consistent with the latest update.

Posted
2 hours ago, Battleground Snow said:

Bit disappointed with that update, but at least they are seeing the cold try to return later in the week, which the ECM is not showing at all

Seems to be inline with latest ECMWF 42 day forecast.

Posted

Suggests to me the Met Office see a signal for heights to ridge back westwards into the UK through latter half of next week, and thereafter retrogress towards Greenland pulling in a cold easterly feed. Pity the low pressure in the atlantic has positioned itself in an unfavourable place right now, a few tweaks and we could have had an undercutter.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, the very hot and the very cold.
14 minutes ago, tight isobar said:

After the mildER blip thre are signs of a pathway bk to cold.. via gefs/eps 500s this is a classic point of crossroads-revert!.. much to be deciphered over nxt two days .. where imo by then a notable shift via outs of falling bk into preety much where we are now... with the outside chance of an-even more fridged incursion... as per time will tell...  the pole is carved open

EDBC6CC3-8389-4EA3-9B35-B622DAC3ADE4.png

7067BFB8-807B-4841-9157-DB15133CCBBB.png

DDA42085-0C7B-408D-B214-BC6594BCA5B2.png

Met Office is saying the same 

Friday 26 Feb - Friday 12 Mar

Into late February there is a signal for higher than average pressure to expand westwards leading to an increased chance of snow showers redeveloping in the east, for conditions in the north to become generally quite settled and for unsettled weather in the south, with disruptive snow possible. A similar picture continues into March, though milder conditions in the west look more likely to spread northwards.

Disruptive snow possible in the South. That's worth staying tuned in for. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

A   good update, will be watching with fingers crossed .who knows we could get a good block to our north ,then Atlantic lows moving across northern france , so think we can  relax for now ,but hopefully have another Hunt very soon, cheers. 

• Like 1

Posted
21 minutes ago, Cleeve Hill said:

Met Office is saying the same 

Friday 26 Feb - Friday 12 Mar

Disruptive snow possible in the South. That's worth staying tuned in for. 

Is that not yesterday's update?

As for disruptive snow, I'm still patiently waiting for mine......

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, the very hot and the very cold.
7 minutes ago, Don said:

Is that not yesterday's update?

As for disruptive snow, I'm still patiently waiting for mine......

I took from the Met Office website and then posted it in here. Ties in with @tight isobar post. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Tuesday 16 Feb - Thursday 25 Feb

This period begins with temperatures much milder than as of late, with temperatures returning to around average/ slightly about average for most and with some mild spells being seen in the south and west. The UK looks to be split broadly east and west in terms of the general weather types with the west being wet with strong winds at times, and the east being drier and finer. Any snowfall also then most likely becomes restricted to the Scottish mountains. From the weekend of the 20th, there are signs of more widespread settled conditions becoming established - which would correspond with temperatures falling back to below average, and with increased incidence of overnight frost and fog.

Thursday 25 Feb - Thursday 11 Mar

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
On 10/02/2021 at 13:25, Summer Sun said:

Slightly about average... what, exactly, is that supposed to mean!

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

0.5 degrees above average lol!  They still haven't given up on a colder outlook in the extended just yet.  Will be interesting to see what today's ECMWF 46 day shows.

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

I would have thought exactly what it says!

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, johnholmes said:

Had it said  'slightly above average', I'd agree... But 'slightly about'? What's that supposed to mean?

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

Had it said  'slightly above average', I'd agree... But 'slightly about'? What's that supposed to mean?

Sorry, I didn’t notice that!  They really need to proof read these updates before publishing!

• Thanks 1

Posted
31 minutes ago, SLEETY said:

back to snow again then after next week ,cold air to come back

If only it were that straight forward but at lease we are still in the game for now!

Posted
2 hours ago, General Cluster said:

hovering either side of normal?

Posted
14 minutes ago, johnholmes said:

hovering either side of normal?

I think it's probably a typo John and should read slightly above normal.

• Like 1

Posted

Still running with the idea of high pressure building back westward then retrogressing to the NW, with low pressure tracking on a southerly trajectory, cold east winds and possible snow.

Posted
3 hours ago, johnholmes said:

And therein lies the problem, John!

How about we do a deal: when I want to know something meteorological, I ask you, but, when I struggle with abuses of the English language, I won't?

And, before anyone says anything, I'm more than capable, where mangling the English language is concerned -- I need no help, on that score!

• Like 1