Jump to content
Thunder?
Local
Radar
Pollen

Meto Uk Further Outlook


Stuart
 Share

Recommended Posts

Posted
  • Location: Darlington
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
  • Location: Darlington

    UK Outlook for Tuesday 20 Nov 2018 to Tuesday 4 Dec 2018:

    There is an increasing likelihood of drier and brighter weather becoming established across the British Isles towards the end of November and into the start of December. Outbreaks of rain look set to become more confined to the north and northwest, and even here tending to ease. With longer spells of dry, clear and less windy weather developing, frost and fog are more likely to form overnight. These could be slow to clear during the daytime, given the time of year. At times the wind will turn northerly, causing a dip in temperatures and a greater chance of some snow, though this will probably stay over high ground in the north.

    https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast

    • Like 3
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    Posted
  • Location: Ludgershall, Wiltshire
  • Location: Ludgershall, Wiltshire

    A downgrade!  The mid-month signals of colder/drier weather becoming established have been dropped. ?

    Edited by Don
    • Like 4
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Darlington
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
  • Location: Darlington

    UK Outlook for Sunday 11 Nov 2018 to Tuesday 20 Nov 2018:

    The unsettled weather established through the end of the previous week will still be in place on Sunday, bringing a mixture of sunshine and heavy, blustery showers across the UK. More organised bands of rain will spread east at times, accompanied by stronger winds or gales. Daytime temperatures will be around normal for the time of year and overnight frosts largely kept at bay. This theme is likely to continue through much of the period; with heaviest rainfall and strongest winds expected in western areas, perhaps gales at times. Temperatures are expected to remain around normal, with some overnight frosts possible where winds fall light. Beyond mid-November there is low confidence, but probably remaining unsettled at first but an increased chance of quieter spells developing by this point.

    https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Darlington
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
  • Location: Darlington

    UK Outlook for Wednesday 21 Nov 2018 to Wednesday 5 Dec 2018:

    By mid-November confidence is low, however there are signals for a transition away from the established unsettled weather to a drier, less active regime. Any settled spells are likely to support an increased probability of early frost and fog across much of the UK which could be slow to clear given the time of year. Temperatures probably near to or above average at first. Otherwise milder spells will probably be more short-lived with an increased likelihood of below average temperatures and perhaps some snow over higher ground at times.

    https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Sedgley Black country 731ft 222 metres
  • Location: Sedgley Black country 731ft 222 metres
    1 minute ago, Summer Sun said:

    UK Outlook for Wednesday 21 Nov 2018 to Wednesday 5 Dec 2018:

    By mid-November confidence is low, however there are signals for a transition away from the established unsettled weather to a drier, less active regime. Any settled spells are likely to support an increased probability of early frost and fog across much of the UK which could be slow to clear given the time of year. Temperatures probably near to or above average at first. Otherwise milder spells will probably be more short-lived with an increased likelihood of below average temperatures and perhaps some snow over higher ground at times.

    https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast

    Really?  

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: County end Oldham 202 m Above sea level
  • Location: County end Oldham 202 m Above sea level
    6 minutes ago, weirpig said:

    Really?  

    Must admit i'm having serious doubts about these updates now.

    • Like 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Wales 215m asl.
  • Location: Wales 215m asl.
    36 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

    Must admit i'm having serious doubts about these updates now.

    Why? They're the experts and have access to things that we don't, the lack of patience on this forum is astonishing! 

    • Like 2
    • Thanks 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Sedgley Black country 731ft 222 metres
  • Location: Sedgley Black country 731ft 222 metres
    33 minutes ago, coldie said:

    Why? They're the experts and have access to things that we don't, the lack of patience on this forum is astonishing! 

    I think its because  its different from what the Beeb are going for

    The end of November and start of December are not expected to bring any major changes in the weather pattern. Westerly or southwesterly winds are expected to dominate, with the strongest winds likely across the north and west of the UK. There will be a chance of gales at times and perhaps some spells of very wet weather too. The south and east will again be more likely to be drier and calmer than normal for the time of year with the south and east warmest, whilst the north and west, particularly Scotland will see temperatures close to or a little above normal. 
    There is around a 30% chance that we will see with high pressure to the west of us and a spell of pretty cool weather for most areas.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Beccles, Suffolk.
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
  • Location: Beccles, Suffolk.
    8 minutes ago, weirpig said:

    I think its because  its different from what the Beeb are going for

    The end of November and start of December are not expected to bring any major changes in the weather pattern. Westerly or southwesterly winds are expected to dominate, with the strongest winds likely across the north and west of the UK. There will be a chance of gales at times and perhaps some spells of very wet weather too. The south and east will again be more likely to be drier and calmer than normal for the time of year with the south and east warmest, whilst the north and west, particularly Scotland will see temperatures close to or a little above normal. 
    There is around a 30% chance that we will see with high pressure to the west of us and a spell of pretty cool weather for most areas.

    That might be because the Beeb don't get their forecasts from the Met Office anymore, Mark?

    • Like 2
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Wales 215m asl.
  • Location: Wales 215m asl.
    9 minutes ago, weirpig said:

    I think its because  its different from what the Beeb are going for

     

    Good point but to be honest the beeb have become quite useless since they dropped the meto, I'm not sure why people still use them. The met office youtube channel is a lot better, they also do the week ahead and 10 day forecasts on there. https://m.youtube.com/user/TheMetOffice 

    • Like 2
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Sedgley Black country 731ft 222 metres
  • Location: Sedgley Black country 731ft 222 metres
    Just now, Ed Stone said:

    That might be because the Beeb don't get their forecasts from the Met Office anymore, Mark?

    Yes Pete agreed  But when two organisations have two very different outlooks.  its hard to put any faith in any of them at the moment.   i guess just look out of the window?.

    • Like 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Sedgley Black country 731ft 222 metres
  • Location: Sedgley Black country 731ft 222 metres
    3 minutes ago, coldie said:

    Good point but to be honest the beeb have become quite useless since they dropped the meto, I'm not sure why people still use them. The met office youtube channel is a lot better, they also do the week ahead and 10 day forecasts on there. https://m.youtube.com/user/TheMetOffice 

    Agreed  i do tend to take more weight in what the Met say.  This i suppose will be a good test for both  

    • Like 2
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Manchester Deansgate.
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
  • Location: Manchester Deansgate.
    3 minutes ago, prolongedSnowLover said:

    Who predicted the Arctic blast in late October correctly first I wonder ?

    Me - i told you all in September that there would be a bout of heavy rain with possible flooding and a Northerly in October at some point.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Darlington
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
  • Location: Darlington

    UK Outlook for Monday 12 Nov 2018 to Wednesday 21 Nov 2018:

    The unsettled, windy regime looks set to continue through Monday and Tuesday, bringing sunshine and bands of heavy blustery showers. Daytime temperatures expected to be around normal but overnight under clearer spells it may turn frosty away from the southeast. From mid-week there will probably be a transition away from the unsettled theme with generally drier conditions becoming established, any rain and stronger winds probably becoming confined to the far northwest. Bright or sunny spells are possible but mist and fog could be rather persistent for some, especially in central and southeastern areas. Mild or very mild for many and any overnight frosts should be mainly confined to the north. A return to more unsettled weather may occur at the very end of next week or into the following weekend.

    https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Darlington
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
  • Location: Darlington

    UK Outlook for Thursday 22 Nov 2018 to Thursday 6 Dec 2018:

    Confidence is low by this point, however there are signals for a change away from the unsettled theme to a drier, quieter regimes at times. Any settled spells are likely to support an increased probability of frost and fog across much of the UK which could be slow to clear by day given the time of year. Temperatures probably near to or above average at first. Otherwise milder spells will probably be more short-lived with an increased likelihood of below average temperatures and perhaps some snow over higher ground at times, particularly over high ground.

    https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Beccles, Suffolk.
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
  • Location: Beccles, Suffolk.
    1 minute ago, Summer Sun said:

    UK Outlook for Thursday 22 Nov 2018 to Thursday 6 Dec 2018:

    Confidence is low by this point, however there are signals for a change away from the unsettled theme to a drier, quieter regimes at times. Any settled spells are likely to support an increased probability of frost and fog across much of the UK which could be slow to clear by day given the time of year. Temperatures probably near to or above average at first. Otherwise milder spells will probably be more short-lived with an increased likelihood of below average temperatures and perhaps some snow over higher ground at times, particularly over high ground.

    https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast

    Who writes these things?

    • Like 3
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: just south of Doncaster, Sth Yorks
  • Location: just south of Doncaster, Sth Yorks
    5 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

    Who writes these things?

    Yes, if that apparent mis write shall we call it had been sent out in my days whoever wrote it would already be explaining to the senior man why he had written such a final sentence, and just what did he mean!

     

    Quality control, be it spell check, grammar or content seems to be missing at times.

    Edited by johnholmes
    added sentence
    • Like 8
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Darlington
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
  • Location: Darlington

    UK Outlook for Tuesday 13 Nov 2018 to Thursday 22 Nov 2018:

    Tuesday is expected to bring plenty of dry, breezy weather with some good spells of sunshine. There may be some showers in the northwest, perhaps turning to longer spells of rain by Wednesday and extending into more central parts. The southeast is most likely to remain dry, with temperatures generally mild, perhaps very mild by Wednesday. Through the end of the week mild, dry weather looks set to extend across many areas with rain confined to the northwest once more. Early mist and fog may become more prevalent across south and eastern parts, while windier conditions will reduce this risk in the northwest; overnight frosts in the north more likely. These drier than average conditions may continue through the end of the period, with temperatures gradually returning to normal.

    https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Darlington
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
  • Location: Darlington

    UK Outlook for Friday 23 Nov 2018 to Friday 7 Dec 2018:

    A transition away from the relatively settled weather is possible towards the end of November with showers or longer spells of rain most likely to spread to all parts at times; though the northwest will remain the focus for greatest rainfall. Temperatures are expected to fluctuate around normal with overnight frosts likely in more settled interludes given the time of year. Snow is possible, especially over northern hills as we move into early December.

    https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Darlington 63 m or 206ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes
  • Location: Darlington 63 m or 206ft above sea level

    Definitely a bit of a downgrade there imo

    • Like 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now
     Share

    ×
    ×
    • Create New...