Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Meto Uk Further Outlook

Stuart

Posted

not sure when you post the actual words SS why you feel the need to make your own summary?

Because it's a weather forum and we talk about weather and stuff? :-p

• Like 2

Posted

UK Outlook for Friday 19 Dec 2014 to Sunday 28 Dec 2014:

Rain across the southeast will clear early Friday leaving a day of sunny spells and showers. It will also be windy, with a brisk northwesterly breeze, and gales, severe across exposed northern coasts. Showers will be most frequent over northern and other exposed coastal areas, and could also be heavy and wintry, although mainly over the hills. The best of the brighter and sunnier conditions will remain across central parts. Showers will then gradually ease Saturday, although staying windy, before milder conditions are likely during Sunday and into the following week. This will bring outbreaks of rain, and the risk of gales in places, although further colder interludes will be possible. Temperatures will therefore vary day by day, although averaging out to be near or just below normal

http://www.metoffice...eather/forecast

Posted

UK Outlook for Monday 29 Dec 2014 to Monday 12 Jan 2015:

The end of December is likely to stay changeable and often windy with weather systems arriving from the west or northwest. This will bring cloudy periods with spells of rain, interspersed with clearer and transient cold interludes. These could include wintry showers, mainly in the north. The more unsettled conditions are likely to be in the north and west, with the best of the sunshine in the south and east. Temperatures are likely to vary day by day, but tending to average out to be around, or just below normal. This is the most likely scenario throughout the period until mid January, however there is also the potential for a slightly more settled, and colder spell to develop from early January.

Updated at: 1448 on Sun 14 Dec 2014

Posted

UK Outlook for Sunday 21 Dec 2014 to Tuesday 30 Dec 2014:

Rather unsettled at first, with the heaviest and most persistent rain towards the northwest and west. Best of the dry weather for central and southern areas, though often rather cloudy. Temperatures will be near or slightly above average and overnight fog patches are possible. During the middle of next week. a change to colder conditions is likely, with wintry showers affecting hills and perhaps lower levels across Scotland. This will be short lived, with a return to milder, unsettled conditions by the end of that week. Thereafter, through the latter part of the month, it is likely that there will be a continuation of changeable weather, with Atlantic frontal zones interspersed with colder, showery conditions. Windy at times, with the risk of gales. More settled in the south at times.

Posted

UK Outlook for Wednesday 31 Dec 2014 to Wednesday 14 Jan 2015:

There is no strong signal in weather patterns during this period. However, the most likely scenario is for a continuation of unsettled and, at times, windy weather, especially in western parts of the UK, with eastern parts seeing the best of any dry weather. Temperatures are generally expected to be around, or a little above, average for the time of year. There is a chance of some overnight and morning frost and fog in places - this will be more likely across northern areas where there is also a chance of some snow on higher ground.

Updated at: 1427 on Tue 16 Dec 2014

Posted

A blink and miss it affair for the alleged wintry spell at the end of next week then, I'm beginning to think that we'll have to wait until the back end of January  onwards before we see a more favourable set up for cold. No scientific formula just a hunch based on previous winters with similar synoptics. 

Posted

UK Outlook for Thursday 25 Dec 2014 to Saturday 3 Jan 2015:

Largely fine, bright and cold on Christmas Day with many places starting with a frost. Across northern parts there will be some wintry showers, these most likely across northern Scotland. Showers will ease later with a widespread frost overnight, leading to a cold and bright day for many on Boxing Day. However, northern/northwestern parts will become increasingly unsettled with rain, perhaps transient snow, and strong winds developing; risk of gales/severe gales. Into the weekend, low pressure looks likely to become established over the UK bringing periods of rain/showers along with potentially very strong winds. There will also be the risk of some snow, most likely in the north. Into the following week, the most likely solution is for periods of frontal rain and milder temperatures interspersed by colder, showery conditions.

Posted

UK Outlook for Sunday 4 Jan 2015 to Sunday 18 Jan 2015:

The most likely scenario for the coming New Year is for a continuation of changeable, and at times, windy weather coming from the Atlantic with the wettest weather probably across western parts of the UK, and eastern parts most likely to see the best of any dry weather. In between the wetter periods there should be drier, brighter, and colder spells. Temperatures are most likely to be around, or slightly below, average for the time of year with overnight frosts and some snow expected, particularly over the high ground.

Updated at: 1532 on Sat 20 Dec 2014

Posted

UK Outlook for Sunday 4 Jan 2015 to Sunday 18 Jan 2015:

The most likely scenario for the coming New Year is for a continuation of changeable, and at times, windy weather coming from the Atlantic with the wettest weather probably across western parts of the UK, and eastern parts most likely to see the best of any dry weather. In between the wetter periods there should be drier, brighter, and colder spells. Temperatures are most likely to be around, or slightly below, average for the time of year with overnight frosts and some snow expected, particularly over the high ground.

Updated at: 1532 on Sat 20 Dec 2014

Interesting that the temps have gone from 'average to a liitle above' yesterday to 'average or a little below' today. And there is an inference that snow may not be limited to higher ground. Maybe it will turn a bit colder in the NY: small steps, and all that, Edited by picog

Posted

I literally pay no attention this update nor further outlook bacause like models it changes with the wind. I don't look any further than 4 dsys ahead because let's be honest nobody has a clue at the minute! Only 3 days ago they were talking about significant snow in north then snow showers up to new year!! Honestly pay no attention to it.

• Like 2

Posted

I literally pay no attention this update nor further outlook bacause like models it changes with the wind. I don't look any further than 4 dsys ahead because let's be honest nobody has a clue at the minute! Only 3 days ago they were talking about significant snow in north then snow showers up to new year!! Honestly pay no attention to it.

Only 3 days ago they were talking about significant snow in north then snow showers up to new year!!

That is quite untrue, why post such statements, I will apologise if you can show me the forecast 3 days ago=18 December actually had that staement in it

Edited by johnholmes

Posted

Only 3 days ago they were talking about significant snow in north then snow showers up to new year!!

That is quite unture, why post such statements, I will apologise if you can show me the forecast 3 days ago=18 December actually had that staement in it

Posted 19 December 2014 - 14:00

Risk of some significant snow in the north next weekend

UK Outlook for Wednesday 24 Dec 2014 to Friday 2 Jan 2015:

A band of cloud and rain is likely to be affecting many central parts of the UK at first on Christmas Eve, clearing the southeast later. Colder conditions then spreading to many areas, continuing into Christmas day, with some wintry showers across N areas. Probably becoming increasingly unsettled into the weekend, with the risk of persistent heavy rain, gales and also a risk of significant snow, this more likely across some northern parts. Conditions after Christmas likely to remain predominantly cold across the N, but with the chance of milder interludes across the far south. Otherwise the following week looks perhaps rather cold on the whole, with snow showers likely across many northern areas but milder, wetter interludes possible at times. Generally windy for many throughout.

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/81936-winter-2014-15-thread/?p=3091982

Edited by Weather-history
  • Like 5

Posted

indeed I am, I have been doing other things since I posted so no slight intended I assure you.

I do indeed apologise, something I have never been afraid to do on Net Wx, thanks WH for finding the actual forecast as I had looked but could not find it.

Interesting to read what they had predicted and of course with the expected deep low some parts might still have copious snowfall or rainfall by the weekend and more worrying is the threat posed by the predicted winds, again even more so for oil rigs personnel and those living along the east coast IF the storm does occur where it is predicted creating a storm surge down the N Sea.

But to sum up yes I apologise - teach me to keep my big mouth shut!

• Like 2

Posted

UK Outlook for Friday 26 Dec 2014 to Sunday 4 Jan 2015:

A cold and largely fine start to Boxing Day with a widespread frost likely. Remaining dry for most of the day, but unsettled conditions pushing eastwards later, with rain, perhaps transient hill snow, and strong winds developing, with a risk of gales, most likely in north and west. During the weekend, unsettled, slightly milder and windy conditions are most likely across the UK, with periods of rain or showers. Into the following week, more settled conditions may push into western parts, and outbreaks of rain and showers will then primarily affect northern and eastern areas, with snow possible to lower levels in the north. Thereafter, the most likely solution is for periods of frontal rain and milder temperatures, but also some good spells of dry weather, especially in the south.

Posted

UK Outlook for Monday 5 Jan 2015 to Monday 19 Jan 2015:

The most likely scenario for the coming New Year is for a continuation of changeable, and at times, windy weather coming from the Atlantic with the wettest weather probably across western parts of the UK, and southern and eastern parts most likely to see the best of any dry weather. In between the wetter periods there should be drier, brighter, and colder spells. Temperatures are most likely to be around, or slightly below, average for the time of year with overnight frosts and some snow possible, particularly over the high ground.

Updated at: 1500 on Sun 21 Dec 2014

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

UK Outlook for Saturday 27 Dec 2014 to Monday 5 Jan 2015:

Most places will be wet and windy on Saturday, with gales or sever gales developing in places. Southeastern areas of England may stay dry at first, however. Cloud and rain are expected to clear erratically eastwards during Sunday leaving sunny spells and scattered blustery showers. These will be most frequent across northern and western Britain, becoming wintry with snow in the north. Temperatures will initially be above average but fall below as the rain clears. It will become colder into the following week with snow showers developing across the north. These may spread southwards at times and it will be frosty with freezing fog patches possible. It may turn more unsettled with time, with wetter and windier conditions returning from the west, and temperatures becoming nearer normal.

Pick the bones out of that!

Edited by Gibby
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

UK Outlook for Tuesday 6 Jan 2015 to Tuesday 20 Jan 2015:

The most likely scenario for the coming New Year is for a continuation of changeable, and at times, windy weather coming from the Atlantic with the wettest weather probably across western parts of the UK, and southern and eastern parts most likely to see the best of any dry weather. In between the wetter periods there should be drier, brighter, and colder spells. Temperatures are most likely to be around, or slightly below, average for the time of year with overnight frosts and some snow possible, particularly over the high ground.

No changes from yesterdays update as far as I can tell.

Edited by Gibby

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Sums it up really, the 6-15 day forecast is completely different to yesterdays  :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool, wet summers.

UK Outlook for Saturday 27 Dec 2014 to Monday 5 Jan 2015:

Most places will be wet and windy on Saturday, with gales or sever gales developing in places. Southeastern areas of England may stay dry at first, however. Cloud and rain are expected to clear erratically eastwards during Sunday leaving sunny spells and scattered blustery showers. These will be most frequent across northern and western Britain, becoming wintry with snow in the north. Temperatures will initially be above average but fall below as the rain clears. It will become colder into the following week with snow showers developing across the north. These may spread southwards at times and it will be frosty with freezing fog patches possible. It may turn more unsettled with time, with wetter and windier conditions returning from the west, and temperatures becoming nearer normal.

Pick the bones out of that!

Seems to me they think a Northerly regime is in the offing?

This is quite an encouraging update, the final sentence is quite telling, in that it "may turn more unsettled with time" which suggests a quiet Atlantic and possibly blocking occurring favourably for cold lovers?