Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Meto Uk Further Outlook

Stuart

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Tuesday 9 Apr - Thursday 18 Apr

Rain for parts of southwest, central and eastern England on Tuesday. Brighter to the north, though some showers likely here for a time. Remaining changeable for a time thereafter, with rain and showers likely at times. However, some drier and brighter weather is also possible, with the brightest skies most likely in the west. From the second full week of April we are likely to see a good deal of dry weather, especially in the north. Periods of unsettled weather are still possible, although any rain is likely to be confined to the south and southwest. Temperatures will be near the seasonal average to rather warm in the south and west, but it will feel cold in many eastern areas at times.

Friday 19 Apr - Friday 3 May

Blocked and settled conditions are most likely to dominate the weather through this period. These will bring a good deal of dry weather, especially across the north and northwest of the UK. There are still likely to be some wetter interludes from time to time, these perhaps mainly affecting the south and southwest. Temperatures are likely to be above the average for the time of year.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast

Posted

Wednesday 10 Apr - Friday 19 Apr

Wednesday is likely to be mainly dry and cloudy with light winds, but it will be a little colder than average for the time of year. On Thursday and Friday, this rather cold and mostly dry weather is likely to continue, with easterly or northeasterly winds. However, there is a chance of some heavy rain in the far southwest. Beyond that, we are likely to see a good deal of dry weather generally, but towards the end of next week, periods of wet and windy weather are likely to develop in the southwest, perhaps spreading into northwestern areas by the end of the week. Temperatures will gradually increase back to the seasonal average, especially in sheltered and sunnier parts of the northwest.

Saturday 20 Apr 0 Saturday 4 May

It looks as though the last few days of April may become rather wet and windy in the west. Spells of rain are likely to be interspersed with showers, and drier and brighter spells will probably be short lived. Further east, there will be some rain and a few showers at times, but also a fair amount of dry and bright weather. Temperatures will be around normal for the time of year, and perhaps rather warm in the southeast. There is low confidence for the start of May, but there are some signals for a warmer and drier spell of weather across the UK.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, sunny.

Looking like a pretty chilly April indeed. Wonder how it will be compared to ‘89. Recently we’ve been able to rely on May for some nice weather, hopefully it comes up trumps again

Posted
25 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Warm settled weather being pushed back. Dismal.

That's good, there is plenty of time for warm weather from now till October. I am in no rush to experienced it.

• Like 3

Posted
18 minutes ago, SunnyDazee said:

Looking like a pretty chilly April indeed. Wonder how it will be compared to ‘89. Recently we’ve been able to rely on May for some nice weather, hopefully it comes up trumps again

It is only looking chilly for the first week or so. Hardly anything noteworthy from what i can see. 

If we manage a below average month it will be almost a miracle given recent temperature trends.

Edited by karyo
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, karyo said:

It is only looking chilly for the first week or so. Hardly anything noteworthy from what i can see. 

If we manage a below average month it will be almost a miracle given recent temperature trends.

I’m not necessarily expecting below average. Maybe less above average is a better way to put it. However not much above 11 degrees is expected in the north apart from this weekend until Easter. It’s been 2-3 degrees at night. So it will be a rather cool April in my opinion, especially if late April isn’t too particularly warm either 

• Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, SunnyDazee said:

I’m not necessarily expecting below average. Maybe less above average is a better way to put it. However not much above 11 degrees is expected in the north apart from this weekend until Easter. It’s been 2-3 degrees at night. So it will be a rather cool April in my opinion, especially if late April isn’t too particularly warm either 

Yes, i suppose after a barrage of months with 2 degrees above average temperatures anything close to average can feel chilly.

Posted
25 minutes ago, karyo said:

That's good, there is plenty of time for warm weather from now till October. I am in no rush to experienced it.

speak for yourself. Slate grey skies, wind, pouring rain and temperatures of 5-8 degrees don't personally do it for me.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Azazel said:

speak for yourself. Slate grey skies, wind, pouring rain and temperatures of 5-8 degrees don't personally do it for me.

Of course i speak for myself. Duh! 

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, karyo said:

Nope, me neither!

• Like 2

Posted

Thursday 11 Apr - Saturday 20 Apr

Thursday and Friday will be cold but mostly dry across the north with perhaps a few light showers and some snow flurries, even to lower levels, but with no significant accumulations expected. There is a greater chance of rain in the south, but details of this are uncertain and many areas will see some good spells of dry weather developing with some overnight frosts. A gradual change to more wet and windy weather is likely to develop from the weekend, particularly in the southwest, perhaps spreading into northwestern areas. Some intermittent drier, brighter interludes are also likely as well. After the cold spell, temperatures will gradually increase back to the seasonal average, perhaps even warm in the south and southeast.

Sunday 21 Apr - Sunday 5 May

There is low confidence with regard to the extended outlook, but there are weak signals that favour slow moving weather patterns, and a greater likelihood of warmer and drier than average weather overall.

• Like 1

Posted

I was watching a few weather forecasts from this time last year. They are actually rather similar. The week beginning the 9th April had easterly winds following a nicer weekend than the week before. Temperatures were suppressed to high single digits like what is expected this week. Then what is Easter this year (around 20th April) had some very nice weather, before turning cooler again until the beginning of May when the weather improved and we had the hottest May Day bank holiday. Couple this with the 45% chance that the next 3 months will be quite a bit warmer than average, and only 5% chance it will be much colder than average from the Met Office 3 month outlook. Something to watch out for, could the U.K. really have 2 good summers in a row? Hasn’t happened since the 90’s at least, or even 75/76 if you wanna go back that far

Edited by SunnyDazee
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, cold!
4 hours ago, SunnyDazee said:

I was watching a few weather forecasts from this time last year. They are actually rather similar. The week beginning the 9th April had easterly winds following a nicer weekend than the week before. Temperatures were suppressed to high single digits like what is expected this week. Then what is Easter this year (around 20th April) had some very nice weather, before turning cooler again until the beginning of May when the weather improved and we had the hottest May Day bank holiday. Couple this with the 45% chance that the next 3 months will be quite a bit warmer than average, and only 5% chance it will be much colder than average from the Met Office 3 month outlook. Something to watch out for, could the U.K. really have 2 good summers in a row? Hasn’t happened since the 90’s at least, or even 75/76 if you wanna go back that far

Yes, that is my bet too, and has been for a while, if you factor in seasonal model predictions, GWO towards phase 6, sea surface temperatures than in my view it warrants a prediction of a hot summer with the jet stream north of the UK at least at the start.  I still think there could be more thundery episodes this year compared to last which was very dry.

• Like 1

Posted
19 minutes ago, Mike Poole said:

Yes, that is my bet too, and has been for a while, if you factor in seasonal model predictions, GWO towards phase 6, sea surface temperatures than in my view it warrants a prediction of a hot summer with the jet stream north of the UK at least at the start.  I still think there could be more thundery episodes this year compared to last which was very dry.

I agree with this mate. Looks like summer could be thundery from some of the weather charts I’ve seen. Hot and wet. Do you expect early summer to be warm and it to last a while or do you think it’ll take most of June to get kicking but once it does July and August will be good? Today has been warm in Wigan temps of 16 degrees. The forecasts are looking slightly less gloomy for the week as the days go by too. Good signs for sure

Edited by SunnyDazee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, cold!
1 hour ago, SunnyDazee said:

I agree with this mate. Looks like summer could be thundery from some of the weather charts I’ve seen. Hot and wet. Do you expect early summer to be warm and it to last a while or do you think it’ll take most of June to get kicking but once it does July and August will be good? Today has been warm in Wigan temps of 16 degrees. The forecasts are looking slightly less gloomy for the week as the days go by too. Good signs for sure

My thoughts are early summer, May June early July will be hot.  I'm not going to make any prediction about August!

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, Mike Poole said:

My thoughts are early summer, May June early July will be hot.  I'm not going to make any prediction about August!

Just the thought of it gets me looking forward to it! Fingers crossed we’re both predicting it right

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
23 minutes ago, SunnyDazee said:

Just the thought of it gets me looking forward to it! Fingers crossed we’re both predicting it right

Any hot weather fills me with dread,warm is ok though,under 22/23c. Predicting a cooler than average spring then a normal summer,no heatwave like last summer fingers crossed! Water levels are still to low,we certainly need the rain.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Not to be a killjoy.. But this is not the Summer prediction thread, So please keep to thread topic that being 'Meto Outlook'. By all means open a thread to suit if not one already open.

Thankyou all.

• Like 3

Posted

Friday 12 Apr - Sunday 21 Apr

Friday will be cold but mostly dry across the north with perhaps a few light showers and some snow flurries, even to lower levels, but with no significant accumulations expected. There is a greater chance of rain in the south, but details of this are uncertain and many areas will see some good spells of dry weather developing with some overnight frosts. A gradual change to more wet and windy weather is likely to develop from the weekend, particularly in the southwest, perhaps spreading into northwestern areas. Some intermittent drier, brighter interludes are also likely as well. After the cold spell, temperatures will gradually increase back to the seasonal average, perhaps even warm in the south and southeast.

Monday 22 Apr - Monday 6 May

There is low confidence with regard to the extended outlook, but there are weak signals that favour slow moving weather patterns, and a greater likelihood of warmer and drier than average weather overall.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny!
20 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Friday 12 Apr - Sunday 21 Apr

Friday will be cold but mostly dry across the north with perhaps a few light showers and some snow flurries, even to lower levels, but with no significant accumulations expected. There is a greater chance of rain in the south, but details of this are uncertain and many areas will see some good spells of dry weather developing with some overnight frosts. A gradual change to more wet and windy weather is likely to develop from the weekend, particularly in the southwest, perhaps spreading into northwestern areas. Some intermittent drier, brighter interludes are also likely as well. After the cold spell, temperatures will gradually increase back to the seasonal average, perhaps even warm in the south and southeast.

Monday 22 Apr - Monday 6 May

Warmer into May then.  Last few years have seen pretty good weather in May.  Worst May I can think of recently must be May 2015.  Hopefully, we'll see a spell of 20-25C next month.  I'm still hoping we'll see a gradual improvement as April progresses (especially in the west).  Last month started off pretty poor but by the end of the month, it was 16C and sunny.

• Like 1

Posted

Saturday 13 Apr - Monday 22 Apr

The weekend will be largely fine and dry with sunny spells for many. Perhaps a few scattered showers are possible in the east. Generally rather cold, with widespread overnight frost. Temperatures perhaps closer to normal in sheltered and sunnier western parts. There is the increasing signal into next week of conditions turning more changeable across the south and southwest with some spells of rain, with any further northward spread uncertain. The spells of rain are likely to be interspersed with showers, also with drier and brighter spells of weather. There should be a fair amount of dry and bright weather around, especially in the north and northwest. Following the colder interlude, temperatures are likely to recover to near-normal, with warm conditions likely at times, especially in the south and west.

Tuesday 23 Apr - Tuesday 7 May

Posted

Sunday 14 Apr - Tuesday 23 Apr

Sunday will be mostly fine and dry with sunny spells for most. Chance of a few showers in the east. Generally rather cold, with widespread overnight frost. Temperatures perhaps closer to normal in sheltered and sunnier western parts. There is the increasing signal into next week of conditions turning more changeable across the south and southwest with some spells of rain, with any further northward spread uncertain. The spells of rain are likely to be interspersed with showers, also with drier and brighter spells of weather. There should be a fair amount of dry and bright weather around, especially in the north and northwest. Following the colder interlude, temperatures are likely to recover to near-normal, with warm conditions likely at times, especially in the south and west.

Wednesday 24 Apr - Wednesday 8 May