Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Meto Uk Further Outlook

Stuart

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Doesn’t really say anything we didn’t already know but certainly provides reassurance. 

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

UK Outlook for Thursday 17 Jan 2019 to Saturday 26 Jan 2019:

Blustery, wintry showers will continue in northeastern areas on Thursday, but they will gradually ease. It will then be mostly settled, before thickening cloud and outbreaks of rain move eastwards during Friday. Winds will be strong with a risk of gales in the northeast at first, but they will ease for a time. Thereafter, it looks set to remain mainly cold, unsettled and sometimes windy, with gales possible in the north. Any milder spells will tend to be brief, and associated with longer spells of rain. The rain could turn to snow almost anywhere, but particularly across northern and central areas, especially later in this period. Some drier, brighter spells are likely, perhaps with snow showers, especially in the east. During such spells, frost could become widespread and severe.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast

Posted
9 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

UK Outlook for Thursday 17 Jan 2019 to Saturday 26 Jan 2019:

Blustery, wintry showers will continue in northeastern areas on Thursday, but they will gradually ease. It will then be mostly settled, before thickening cloud and outbreaks of rain move eastwards during Friday. Winds will be strong with a risk of gales in the northeast at first, but they will ease for a time. Thereafter, it looks set to remain mainly cold, unsettled and sometimes windy, with gales possible in the north. Any milder spells will tend to be brief, and associated with longer spells of rain. The rain could turn to snow almost anywhere, but particularly across northern and central areas, especially later in this period. Some drier, brighter spells are likely, perhaps with snow showers, especially in the east. During such spells, frost could become widespread and severe.

Sounds like the kitchen sink ..

I like the bolded bit, esp as someone with a bit of altitude

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow
17 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Yes you should do well

Edited by swfc
  • Like 1

Posted

So I make that: colder, unsettled, windy, gales, hill snow, longer spells of rain, snow showers in the east, dry and brighter spells, frosts.

Which weather types have they not included in the last paragraph of that?  

• Like 1

Posted
22 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Jeeze are some of you never are satisfied, many on here have been thirsting for cold and snow since late October. It is now in the reliable time frame-yet you still carp about their phrasing. What do you feel should have been written?

Posted
4 minutes ago, johnholmes said:

Jeeze are some of you never are satisfied, many on here have been thirsting for cold and snow since late October. It is now in the reliable time frame-yet you still carp about their phrasing. What do you feel should have been written?

Im not being funny here but you seem to have developed a bit of a habit of questioning my posts.. what part of that post of mine said i wasn't satisfied??????

You can always ignore them maybe that way you wont have to read them

Edited by northwestsnow
  • Like 3

Posted
19 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Im not being funny here but you seem to have developed a bit of a habit of questioning my posts.. what part of that post of mine said i wasn't satisfied??????

You can always ignore them maybe that way you wont have to read them

I used your post to illustrate my comment, 'Jeeze are some of you never are satisfied' ,

perhaps you are just a bit touchy?

Posted
1 minute ago, johnholmes said:

I used your post to illustrate my comment, 'Jeeze are some of you never are satisfied' ,

perhaps you are just a bit touchy?

Nope, i am certainly not touchy in any shape or form..

Lets leave it there if you dont mind. ta.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow freezing rain heat waves
31 minutes ago, johnholmes said:

I think that's ok update if you want snow and frosty weather .   I don't think folks on here won't be happy until the meto say  In  their update  Easterly winds   Blizzards  snow storms and the  River Thames  will freeze over.☺️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW AND FREEZING TEMPS
3 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Longer range looks similar to yesterdays..

Im sure Gav will post it shortly..

Cheers mate . 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Nice update!

CE354869-6ED8-4309-AA9D-1FD2F5DD4953.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

UK Outlook for Sunday 27 Jan 2019 to Sunday 10 Feb 2019:

During the last week of January and into early February, there is an increased likelihood of cold weather being established across all of the UK, with temperatures continuing a downward trend to become cold or very cold. This would bring a greater risk of snow, ice and widespread frost, particularly across northern parts of the country. However, there remains uncertainty over the extent of the cold weather and how long it will last, and it is still possible that some milder and wetter interludes will intersperse this generally cold period, especially in the south.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave
1 minute ago, Summer Sun said:

During the last week of January and into early February, there is an increased likelihood of cold weather being established across all of the UK, with temperatures continuing a downward trend to become cold or very cold. This would bring a greater risk of snow, ice and widespread frost, particularly across northern parts of the country. However, there remains uncertainty over the extent of the cold weather and how long it will last, and it is still possible that some milder and wetter interludes will intersperse this generally cold period, especially in the south.

“Cold or very cold” a good change 

• Like 5

Posted
5 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Ooo la la!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

What a great update! ❄️⛄

• Like 1

Posted

The fact it talks about the north in particular seeing very cold conditions and the south in particular being affected by any milder interludes, is quite nice to someone living in the Midlands. Screams snow potential.

Edited by MattStoke
  • Like 3