Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Meto Uk Further Outlook

Stuart

Posted
15 minutes ago, karyo said:

Not much of an upgrade in my eyes. I was hoping it would mention for the weekend that the systems would come from the northwest but it says bands of rain crossing west to east. So they must be expecting the pattern to flatten by next weekend before the high takes over.

LOL i did say for thur K!

Might be an all nighter thursday :D

Posted
1 minute ago, northwestsnow said:

LOL i did say for thur K!

Might be an all nighter thursday :D

haha! Let's hope it happens Friday night instead as I can't face work after an all nighter.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, karyo said:

haha! Let's hope it happens Friday night instead as I can't face work after an all nighter.

No all nighter for me!

Posted
26 minutes ago, doctor32 said:

Notice they have dropped the easterly part of forcast.

Also mentions wintry showers end of the week and staying unsettled into the weekend but with rain pushing  west to east across the country. No mention of the S word despite some promising model output.

Edited by snowblind

Posted
Just now, karyo said:

Even if the models upgrade the potential?

Well, it will have to be big upgrade as I live in the snow proof south!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and thunderstorms :)
14 minutes ago, snowblind said:

Also mentions wintry showers end of the week and staying unsettled into the weekend but with rain pushing  west to east across the country. No mention of the S word despite some promising model output.

For snow it won't be till nearer the time (within 24 - 48 hrs) that any mention of the white stuff will be forcast more accurately... for your location prob less likely at the moment. For people further north with cold uppers and a cold NW/N flow and disturbances in flow there is a good chance for snow for many i would have thought.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

UK Outlook for Friday 13 Jan 2017 to Sunday 22 Jan 2017:

Friday and Saturday will see sunshine and snow showers across Britain, the showers probably heaviest and most frequent in the north and northwest. It'll be cold and windy with coastal gales, and frost is likely overnight. Conditions are expected to become more changeable during Sunday and early next week, with rain and possible hill snow pushing west to east across the country. However, the northwest is likely to see most of the rain, with further gales, whilst the southeast could see some more settled weather taking hold. Later next week confidence is low, but signs point towards a continuation of this northwest to southeast split, with the most unsettled weather affecting north-western parts, and a relatively more settled theme elsewhere, albeit with a risk of frost and freezing fog.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast

Posted

UK Outlook for Monday 23 Jan 2017 to Monday 6 Feb 2017:

Confidence is very low in details as we head towards the end of the month and beginning of February. However, bands of rain and possibly some snow are likely to affect the north and northwest at first, whilst periods of more settled weather are expected in the south, bringing a risk of frost and freezing fog. Temperatures are uncertain although slow changes between milder and colder conditions seem likely. Later, there is an increased preference for drier and colder weather to become established across the British Isles.

Posted
12 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

UK Outlook for Friday 13 Jan 2017 to Sunday 22 Jan 2017:

Friday and Saturday will see sunshine and snow showers across Britain, the showers probably heaviest and most frequent in the north and northwest. It'll be cold and windy with coastal gales, and frost is likely overnight. Conditions are expected to become more changeable during Sunday and early next week, with rain and possible hill snow pushing west to east across the country. However, the northwest is likely to see most of the rain, with further gales, whilst the southeast could see some more settled weather taking hold. Later next week confidence is low, but signs point towards a continuation of this northwest to southeast split, with the most unsettled weather affecting north-western parts, and a relatively more settled theme elsewhere, albeit with a risk of frost and freezing fog.

Good to see them mentioning snow showers indicating a relatively potent cold spell.                                                                                                                          Sadly, they expect a northwest to southeast split for next week which means they don't see the ECM evolution likely.

Posted
3 minutes ago, karyo said:

Good to see them mentioning snow showers indicating a relatively potent cold spell.                                                                                                                          Sadly, they expect a northwest to southeast split for next week which means they don't see the ECM evolution likely.

Im happy mate, we have thur/fri and sat to look forward too.

Seeya in the North west regional Thur :D

Posted
4 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Im happy mate, we have thur/fri and sat to look forward too.

Seeya in the North west regional Thur :D

For sure! I will see how things evolve in the next couple of days and take Friday off if necessary to make the most of it. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow freezing rain heat waves
12 minutes ago, karyo said:

For sure! I will see how things evolve in the next couple of days and take Friday off if necessary to make the most of it. 

Hi would they just jump on board with the ecm or would they  sit on  fence  and give it a few days as it's ten days away.:)

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, abbie123 said:

Hi would they just jump on board with the ecm or would they  sit on  fence  and give it a few days as it's ten days away.:)

hi abbie, when their updates change they do in a gradual manner. However, today's update appears to have gone the wrong way for us as it indicates Atlantic weather taking control for part of the country (northwest at least) and high pressure further southeast. It could be worse of course (i.e. if they were going with the 6z which is mild for next week)

• Like 1

Posted

UK Outlook for Saturday 14 Jan 2017 to Monday 23 Jan 2017:

This weekend will start very cold with sunny spells and snow showers, the showers probably heaviest and most frequent in the north and northwest. It'll be windy with coastal gales, leading to a significant wind chill. Though there is considerable uncertainty, conditions are expected to become more changeable towards the end of the weekend, with rain and possible hill snow pushing west to east. However, the northwest is likely to see most of the rain, with further gales, whilst the southeast could see some more settled weather. Later next week confidence is low, but signs point towards a continuation of this northwest to southeast split, with the most unsettled weather affecting north-western parts, and a relatively more settled theme elsewhere, albeit with a risk of frost and fog.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Hmmm - They are certainly thinking about it aren't they - There haven't been many of Summer Suns's posts in this thread after Lunchtime lately.

• Like 2

Posted

UK Outlook for Sunday 15 Jan 2017 to Tuesday 24 Jan 2017:

We'll see a continuation of the cold northerly airflow at first on Sunday, although a ridge of high pressure building from the west will help to confine the wintry showers to the east. Meanwhile, we may see cloud and rain pushing in from the Atlantic later on Sunday, with a little snow possible on its leading edge. There is some uncertainty with the eastward progress of the cloud and rain during Monday, with a continued risk of snow on its leading edge. Chance of more generally settled weather developing from Tuesday, particularly across the south and east, with the increasing risk of overnight frost and fog. Any influence from the Atlantic confined to the far northwest, with some rain and hill snow possible at times.

Posted

Considerable uncertainty are clearly the watch words. If all 51 ECM members are still showing an Easterly tomorrow then I think they will change it for sure.

Posted
13 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Hmmm - They are certainly thinking about it aren't they - There haven't been many of Summer Suns's posts in this thread after Lunchtime lately.

I only post in this thread once per day regardless of the outlooks

1 minute ago, mountain shadow said:

Considerable uncertainty are clearly the watch words. If all 51 ECM members are still showing an Easterly tomorrow then I think they will change it for sure.

To be honest a very disappointing update for us coldies going by that I'm sure they think the Atlantic is going to take over I was hoping ecm would win out 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
4 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

I only post in this thread once per day regardless of the outlooks

Yes I know, but you usually post at 12-12.30 so but you probably have been unable to because the Met Office hadn't updated until now, which suggests that they had to think longer about the wording they would use, given the model swings over the last 12 hours.

EDIT : looks like I was right as they have changed their wording to partially at least, back the swing to a more blocked outlook overnight.

Edited by feb1991blizzard
  • Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, karyo said:

This is an improvement to yesterday's update. I am happy with that for now.

Me too K, think the balance is favouring some sort of easterly..