Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Osbourne One-Nil

Euro Qualifiers

Final scores..

England 3-1 Switzerland (no hope for them in the Euro when they are letting Switzerland score

Scotland 2-1 Litchenstein

Biggest suprise of the night by far at half time............

ARGENTINA 3-0 SPAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cried like a baby tonight.....7 minutes into injury time. It brought it all back about Cyprus when I was at primary school!! This never happens....well, not often :rofl: :lol:

England 3-1 Switzerland (no hope for them in the Euro when they are letting Switzerland score

Or you could look at it another way- Switzerland may rarely score, but they also rarely concede 3 goals. Good to see Sunderland striker Darren Bent getting onto the scoresheet- IMHO he was overlooked at the World Cup and should've been preferred to Heskey. Also good to see Rooney back on form after a succession of woeful games (which, in fairness, could have been connected to his injury at the back end of last season).

Or you could look at it another way- Switzerland may rarely score, but they also rarely concede 3 goals. Good to see Sunderland striker Darren Bent getting onto the scoresheet- IMHO he was overlooked at the World Cup and should've been preferred to Heskey. Also good to see Rooney back on form after a succession of woeful games (which, in fairness, could have been connected to his injury at the back end of last season).

You've still got to worry about World Cup syndrome striking again though. A few good results....

(I'm taking the left trouser leg here....)

Also good to see Rooney back on form after a succession of woeful games

He looked like a real pro. Apt really.

He looked like a real pro. Apt really.

Indeed. I make that Rooney, Crouch, Terry and Cole who have "played away". Pretty embarrassing. Quarter of a team. Don't doubt for a minute others have too. Guess it's called "Watch this space"!

Indeed. I make that Rooney, Crouch, Terry and Cole who have "played away". Pretty embarrassing. Quarter of a team. Don't doubt for a minute others have too. Guess it's called "Watch this space"!

And all Tiger has to put up with is "get in the hole"....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Final score was Argentina 4-1 Spain.

Great so which euro group are Brazil in?

Great so which euro group are Brazil in?

Group B.

What do I care, we scored a winner in the 97th minute. You couldn't make it up.

To the poster who TWS has quoted above with reference to England letting Switz score...

... have you seen the goal? It was a screamer, no team could have prevented it!

God Save the Queen is the British national anthem. Land of Hope & Glory is English, yeah?

Dunno what the fuss is about. If I was at Hampden Park on Tues night I'd have booed you telephone boxers too. Sorry, Liechtenstein.. :whistling:

I am pleased to see the back of Toshack, he should have gone at the end of the 2010 qualifying campaign if not sooner.

Postman Pat is packing it in after Euro 2012 as well. Ol' dodgy 'arry anyone?

God Save the Queen is the British national anthem. Land of Hope & Glory is English, yeah?

Dunno what the fuss is about. If I was at Hampden Park on Tues night I'd have booed you telephone boxers too. Sorry, Liechtenstein.. :unsure:

You on a wind-up? Utterly, thoroughly and completely disrespectful to Liechtenstein.

Nah. It's just the majority of Scots football fans don't like England, and to hear God Save the Queen wasn't music to their ears.

That was NEVER a penalty for Spain's first goal. Ball playing arm is NOT a penalty. Useless refereeing!!

You on a wind-up? Utterly, thoroughly and completely disrespectful to Liechtenstein.

And the England fans have never booed anything (or worse) at any point? :lol:

Like Engerlund drawing 0-0 with a country that has a population only marginally above half of that of Birmingham?

England 0-0 Montenegro

Scotland 2-3 Spain

Switzerland 4-1 Wales

Faroe Islands 1-1 Northern Ireland

4 games, no wins.

England and Scotland were the two matches I watched, and I caught a glimpse of FI Vs. NI match aswell. Must admit, Spain don't look like World and European Champions; but anyway, Scotland did extremely well and I wanted them to score more than I wanted England to in the end. England drawing to Montenegro just about says it all, and we're still 2nd now aswell. Wales have been diabolical for a while now, no shock on their defeat. And the Faroe Islands did actually deserve a draw, IMO.