Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rollo

Israeli And Plo Talks

I noted on Ceefax today that Hamas has got about 13 other groups together to launch more attacks on Israel and the Israeli right wingers are holding protests against any peace accord-what a world we live in-is there any solution to this problem?

I noted on Ceefax today that Hamas has got about 13 other groups together to launch more attacks on Israel and the Israeli right wingers are holding protests against any peace accord-what a world we live in-is there any solution to this problem?

No No No Hamas never attacks Israel they only respond to aggression. I mean all those missiles they fire over the explosive bit is actually full of white doves showing they really want peace.

More seriously neither extremists wants peace as isn't in their interests. I see Iran is also unhappy although they know the chances of the talks getting anywhere are very close to zero.

Not sure if this is the right thread but does anyone else smell a rat? I'm talking about these so-called explosive packages on planes. Does anyone else suspect that a few fibs are being told here? I wish I had better knowledge of the middle east scenario and the situation involving Israel. Can anyone with greater knowledge of the area perhaps contribute an answer to my question? Is it possible that the Americans themselves planted these packages in order to instigate unrest. I was reading an article at the beginning of the month which stated that Israel had taken delivery of 1000s of tons of aviation fuel from America. Apparently aviation fuel has a very short storage time? Which countries are allies/enemies of Yemen? The whole scenario just appears to be so artificial. The first find of a package at East Midlands was apparently detected by normal screening. That was soon changed to an intelligence tip off. Then the parcel was stated to be sinister but non explosive and that then soon changed to explosive. The only definite information from the Americans was that the packages originated in Yemen and that they were destined for Jewish addresses? Something is just not sitting right with me. Any thoughts - or am I off on one?

Not sure if this is the right thread but does anyone else smell a rat? I'm talking about these so-called explosive packages on planes. Does anyone else suspect that a few fibs are being told here? I wish I had better knowledge of the middle east scenario and the situation involving Israel. Can anyone with greater knowledge of the area perhaps contribute an answer to my question? Is it possible that the Americans themselves planted these packages in order to instigate unrest. I was reading an article at the beginning of the month which stated that Israel had taken delivery of 1000s of tons of aviation fuel from America. Apparently aviation fuel has a very short storage time? Which countries are allies/enemies of Yemen? The whole scenario just appears to be so artificial. The first find of a package at East Midlands was apparently detected by normal screening. That was soon changed to an intelligence tip off. Then the parcel was stated to be sinister but non explosive and that then soon changed to explosive. The only definite information from the Americans was that the packages originated in Yemen and that they were destined for Jewish addresses? Something is just not sitting right with me. Any thoughts - or am I off on one?

Hey up another PP. If you like I could put in you contact with someone who lives on the ground there.

Some brief answers. Enemies of Yemen. Really you mean the extremists living there pretty rather than the whole pop. Anyway the evil ones are the West mainly USA us and anybody else involved in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Hey up another PP. If you like I could put in you contact with someone who lives on the ground there.

Some brief answers. Enemies of Yemen. Really you mean the extremists living there pretty rather than the whole pop. Anyway the evil ones are the West mainly USA us and anybody else involved in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Hi Pit, hope things are as good as they can be with your situation? Another PP? :lol: God I hope not! No, it was a genuine question because I find the whole middle eastern thing so difficult to understand. Like I said, something about this scenario just appears to be a bit false to me? Not understanding much about the area I just wondered if there could be trouble following these accusations?

How about ending the occupation of Palestine?

That would be a path towards peace and justice.

Why should they God gave it to them or would like to argue with God. The other real question where would they go??? Even better they are all related anyway so this must be the biggest grudge of all time.

Yes I totally agree. It's a disgrace and the current administration are making the situation worse. The freezing of building further settlements should have continued but these continuing to be built will just mean the end of any peace process, countless UN resolutions have been ignored, the only people that can force this issue is the USA government but seeing as this loses votes no ones bothered.

The Israeli government doesn't want peace they just want to goad Hamas into more attacks so that they then can play the victims and kill a few more thousand Palestinians whilst the useless UN, and impotent EU sit idly by with hollow protestations! Is it any wonder that the hatred has reached proportions that a Palestinian mother is willing to give up her child to become a suicide bomber!

The whole situation is tragic and doesn't have a hope of changing till the current Israeli administration is shown the door, even then without proper pressure from the USA the current impasse will just continue.

Yes I totally agree. It's a disgrace and the current administration are making the situation worse. The freezing of building further settlements should have continued but these continuing to be built will just mean the end of any peace process, countless UN resolutions have been ignored, the only people that can force this issue is the USA government but seeing as this loses votes no ones bothered.

The Israeli government doesn't want peace they just want to goad Hamas into more attacks so that they then can play the victims and kill a few more thousand Palestinians whilst the useless UN, and impotent EU sit idly by with hollow protestations! Is it any wonder that the hatred has reached proportions that a Palestinian mother is willing to give up her child to become a suicide bomber!

The whole situation is tragic and doesn't have a hope of changing till the current Israeli administration is shown the door, even then without proper pressure from the USA the current impasse will just continue.

Good post nick and an interesting one from Blitzen, But I may have to come back to this in the morning as I'm to tired to say anything very relevant.

I thought the Israelis did that in 1948 and 1967 after 2000 years of exile from their God given eternal Homeland!

• Heatwave conditions possible to end May

Some parts of the UK could qualify for heatwave conditions during the final days of May. With temperatures widely into the 20s Celsius. Read more here

Jo Farrow
    Jo Farrow
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Dry, sunny and warm end to May but is there a pattern change on the horizon?

The already very dry May will end with more dry, sunny and warm weather across all of the UK. This theme continues into the first few days of June, but there could be a change on the way later next week. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather