Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Best Scaremonger Ever?

Posted

Ok I'm predicting a Mild winter. I'll email Joe and Metoffice.

This winter is highly unlikely to be as cold as last winter. It may end up pretty cold or average with spells of severe weather but that's generally expected given where we are situated. It may end up extremely mild like 2006-2008. I do fancy a continuation of some colder weather with the unusual behaviour of the Jetstream since December last year but that alone doesn't guarantee anything.

2004 and 2005 were meant to be severe. Both turned out rather mild.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

This bit on the Global Cooling&New Ice Age blog tickled me......

"On that note I am also not surprised after my expressions in my last post about the UK Met Office in Jan 2010, that they have actually since decided to scrap the seasonal forecasts."

Wow! That's a humungous ego there....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

The Daily Mail will LOVE that blog.

Posted

This bit on the Global Cooling&New Ice Age blog tickled me......

"On that note I am also not surprised after my expressions in my last post about the UK Met Office in Jan 2010, that they have actually since decided to scrap the seasonal forecasts."

Wow! That's a humungous ego there....

He/she is gonna look rather silly if this winter and the next is mild.:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

At the risk of stoking a huge ego even further, I really wish he/she is right.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Ok I'm predicting a Mild winter. I'll email Joe and Metoffice.

This winter is highly unlikely to be as cold as last winter. It may end up pretty cold or average with spells of severe weather but that's generally expected given where we are situated. It may end up extremely mild like 2006-2008. I do fancy a continuation of some colder weather with the unusual behaviour of the Jetstream since December last year but that alone doesn't guarantee anything.

2004 and 2005 were meant to be severe. Both turned out rather mild.

Globally has the Jet stream been out of its normal pattern more then usual. Wasn't the heat wave in Russia blamed on the change in the jet stream etc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost
very interesting read their, well the person knows what they are talking about, their not making it up for sure.

i think if a high gets stuck in the right place like last winter then yes the elements are developing for a long cold winter.

Posted

Things look finely balanced at the moment. I've been following the CFS long range charts for some time and certainly there seem to be a fair amount of "blues" around, especially for early winter.

http://www.cpc.noaa.gov/products/people/wwang/cfs_fcst/images2/euT2mMonNorm.gif

Posted

very interesting read their, well the person knows what they are talking about, their not making it up for sure.

i think if a high gets stuck in the right place like last winter then yes the elements are developing for a long cold winter.

Ive also been reading it with interest... He does know what he is on about so I dont think its all scare tactics I just think he is very confident in what he says.

It could just be luck but some of his blogs going back further on his own site do show that he predicted a harsh winter last year with facts to back it up when the met office were predicting a mild one.

• 1 month later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1321288/Arctic-blast-set-hit-Britain-Polar-winds-blowing-south.html

Is this for real? Better go and panic buy the bread and milk! People who live in colder countries must be laughing their heads off!

(Referring to Mr. Powell's part only.)

Edited by Blitzen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Just another reason why I genuinely think the Daily Mail should be banned, and those that read it, shot.

Exactly. Friday Heavy Snow, on the top of the Highlands, maybe. Can't get it right from 2 days out! dry.gif