Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Never snows where i live

The Best Scaremonger Ever?

Ok I'm predicting a Mild winter. I'll email Joe and Metoffice.

This winter is highly unlikely to be as cold as last winter. It may end up pretty cold or average with spells of severe weather but that's generally expected given where we are situated. It may end up extremely mild like 2006-2008. I do fancy a continuation of some colder weather with the unusual behaviour of the Jetstream since December last year but that alone doesn't guarantee anything.

2004 and 2005 were meant to be severe. Both turned out rather mild.

This bit on the Global Cooling&New Ice Age blog tickled me......

"On that note I am also not surprised after my expressions in my last post about the UK Met Office in Jan 2010, that they have actually since decided to scrap the seasonal forecasts."

Wow! That's a humungous ego there....

The Daily Mail will LOVE that blog.

This bit on the Global Cooling&New Ice Age blog tickled me......

"On that note I am also not surprised after my expressions in my last post about the UK Met Office in Jan 2010, that they have actually since decided to scrap the seasonal forecasts."

Wow! That's a humungous ego there....

He/she is gonna look rather silly if this winter and the next is mild.:)

At the risk of stoking a huge ego even further, I really wish he/she is right.

Ok I'm predicting a Mild winter. I'll email Joe and Metoffice.

This winter is highly unlikely to be as cold as last winter. It may end up pretty cold or average with spells of severe weather but that's generally expected given where we are situated. It may end up extremely mild like 2006-2008. I do fancy a continuation of some colder weather with the unusual behaviour of the Jetstream since December last year but that alone doesn't guarantee anything.

2004 and 2005 were meant to be severe. Both turned out rather mild.

Globally has the Jet stream been out of its normal pattern more then usual. Wasn't the heat wave in Russia blamed on the change in the jet stream etc

very interesting read their, well the person knows what they are talking about, their not making it up for sure.

i think if a high gets stuck in the right place like last winter then yes the elements are developing for a long cold winter.

very interesting read their, well the person knows what they are talking about, their not making it up for sure.

i think if a high gets stuck in the right place like last winter then yes the elements are developing for a long cold winter.

Ive also been reading it with interest... He does know what he is on about so I dont think its all scare tactics I just think he is very confident in what he says.

It could just be luck but some of his blogs going back further on his own site do show that he predicted a harsh winter last year with facts to back it up when the met office were predicting a mild one.

Just another reason why I genuinely think the Daily Mail should be banned, and those that read it, shot.

Just another reason why I genuinely think the Daily Mail should be banned, and those that read it, shot.

Exactly. Friday Heavy Snow, on the top of the Highlands, maybe. Can't get it right from 2 days out! dry.gif

• Some first weekend of Summer - even the pigeons don't fancy it

Gusting winds, showers and persistent rain - not the type of weather you'd usually associate with the first weekend of summer. But there will be some improvement through the weekend and into next week. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2020-06-05 21:46:10 Valid: 06/06/2020 0600 - 07/06/2020 0600 THUNDERSTORM OUTLOOK - SAT 6TH JUNE 2020 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F
    Latest weather updates from Netweather