Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

First'real' Attempt At Time-Lapse.

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

After seeing Pat Carters time-lapse of the tornadic storm he shot whilst on the NW US stormchase inspired me to give it a go. With the correct software and adequate hardware pretty good results can be achieved. The images have been compressed from over 2GB down to around 10MB video.

Storm clouds over south Shields.10/08/10

Edited by NL

Posted

Cheers Pat.. Its actually better on my laptop playing it through windows media player, youtubes version has made it a little jittery. I'm still experimenting with JPEG to AVI but ive taken a back seat for a few weeks as i suffer from 'clusterheadaches' and its that time of year they return have had a couple attacks but wont start to kick off big style for a week or so. When i'm on my feet again i'm gonna do other time-lapse subjects other than cloudscapes i'm really enjoying it... well before these 'demons' returned..!!

Edited by NL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and stormy.

Yep i agree its a cracking timelapse :D

Would you be so kind to share what software you are using Paul.

Del.

Posted

Yep i agree its a cracking timelapse :whistling:

Would you be so kind to share what software you are using Paul.

Del.

Good mornin' Del, cheers, all i'm using is DSLR remote pro and Picasa 3 software picasa came with my Vaio. I have other software but haven't really dived into it yet just had a quick look thats all but when ive more time and less headache i'll be investigating it further. I truly believe a good camera is the key i'm currently using a canon 350D.

Paul.