Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Indoor Temps

Wilxy

Posted

15.5c Have shut the back door, but the window is still open

It was a frightening 17.0°C in my room when I left this morning. Definitely not what you want to wake up to.

Indeed, not what I'd want in my bedroom even in mid summer! Much easier to sleep when under 10c :)

Posted

not sure of the temp in the rooms but got the heating on 30c red hot

30C? Thats rediculous! It doesnt warm up any quicker than if you keep the dial at a reasonable temperature!

Posted

30C? Thats rediculous! It doesnt warm up any quicker than if you keep the dial at a reasonable temperature!

i am at my grans and her heating is the same price every week because its paid as part of her rent she is 83 and the cold really affects her because of illness and she likes the heating on full and as she does not pay any extra if she uses more why shudnt she have it on full

Posted

i am at my grans and her heating is the same price every week because its paid as part of her rent she is 83 and the cold really affects her because of illness and she likes the heating on full and as she does not pay any extra if she uses more why shudnt she have it on full

I understand, what is the actual room temperature though?

I just think its wasteful having it set to 30C, if thats what the actual room temperature is whether or not u pay the rent.

My gran is nearly 90 and has a digital thermostat and it is set at a constant 24C and she is warm enough like this. Its sweltering when anyone else goes in her house though.

If you set it to 24C and it never achieves that temperature then setting it to 30C isnt going to make it work any harder or output any more heat... unless the thermostat is mounted over the top of a radiator.

Posted

yeh i see what you are saying my gran is stubbon and likes it as high as it goes lol its the same when anyone comes here its to hot for them

she has 1 of them digital weather clocks but i dont no how accurate it is temp wise n she has only had a thermostat for about a year before that it was just a tap in a little room that you turned on or off and when it was on its was hotter than it is now at 30c and i think she got used to it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

14.7c indoors this morning. I've had to put a sweatshirt on instead of a t-shirt :o

Enjoying this cold weather. Had to put on an extra t-shirt the other day when I went out. It will be a while yet before I need anything that drastic indoors though, temperature still hasn't dropped below 16C!

Posted

I do have my sleeved rolled up :D

Temp has now gone up to 15.5c, and that's now with the back door open!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot dry summers and very mild winters

This morning my bedroom was down to 12.5C and one of the other bedrooms down to 11.5C. My living room only dropped to 13.7C but had had sun for most of the day.

Posted

Back in my apartment in Cork and the temperature is 17.3C, perfect, comfortable, t-shirt temperature!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Back in my apartment in Cork and the temperature is 17.3C, perfect, comfortable, t-shirt temperature!

For doing the hoovering perhaps but not for sitting for hours in!

Dropped to 16.3c this morning before heating warmed it up. More sunshine today so less fuel needed gladly to keep it at its current 21.1c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

Dropped to 16.5C in the living room last night. Siting here in the dining room just now , currently 20.3C and humidity is 47%

Temperature is usually 20c to 22c. But the smallest room in my house up the stairs it has Tv's, computers and gaming consoles in it and when they are all on temperature can reach 28c highest I've seen it was 30c. The room can also get very cold in the winter when the wind hits that room.

Posted

For doing the hoovering perhaps but not for sitting for hours in!

Dropped to 16.3c this morning before heating warmed it up. More sunshine today so less fuel needed gladly to keep it at its current 21.1c.

I quite happy sitting for hours in it! Anything over about 22C and I start feeling uncomfortable, I've no warmth tolerance at all, never mind heat!

Currently 18.5C, which is just fine.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

Well, the heating is on in our house now. As mother is not well, it's set warmer than it would normally be.

It's currently 24.8ºc and rising. Overnight it will cool down to around 21ºc but the heating will come on at 7am and the cycle continues. Due to the nature of my mother's illness i'm not saying anything. I have my fans on full and the window open but that does very little to offset the heat coming from the radiator. I'm hoping this Northerly will produce a slight cool breeze in here as my window faces east.

Posted

Well, the heating is on in our house now. As mother is not well, it's set warmer than it would normally be.

It's currently 24.8ºc and rising. Overnight it will cool down to around 21ºc but the heating will come on at 7am and the cycle continues. Due to the nature of my mother's illness i'm not saying anything. I have my fans on full and the window open but that does very little to offset the heat coming from the radiator. I'm hoping this Northerly will produce a slight cool breeze in here as my window faces east.

Thats rediculous, why dont you turn off your radiator.

What normally would you set the heating at and why would you set it warmer when its colder outside when you would be warm enough at a cooler temperature?

Posted

There's a penalty for touching the thermostat in this house....... :whistling::diablo: :ph34r:

It's normally set at 16ºc but i've noticed it is now set at 20ºc. I like my room to be below 15ºc as it gives me a very refreshing sleep. Last time I touched the radiator, it started leaking. I put my PC desk infront of it which helps significantly. My cell room is a mere 6x9 so soon warms up with the PC, TV and what not running.... There is now a lovely icy blast coming through my fan :yahoo:

My mum is seriously ill which i'm guessing has made her somewhat sensitive to the cold.

Posted

There's a penalty for touching the thermostat in this house....... :whistling::diablo: :ph34r:

It's normally set at 16ºc but i've noticed it is now set at 20ºc. I like my room to be below 15ºc as it gives me a very refreshing sleep. Last time I touched the radiator, it started leaking. I put my PC desk infront of it which helps significantly. My cell room is a mere 6x9 so soon warms up with the PC, TV and what not running.... There is now a lovely icy blast coming through my fan :yahoo:

My mum is seriously ill which i'm guessing has made her somewhat sensitive to the cold.

Sorry to hear that your mum is ill.

The point im trying to make though is if your thermostat is working and normally you are comfortable at 22C for example when it is not as cold outside then why would 22C inside not be comfortable when it is colder outside?

You need to get that radiator in your room turned off, if its leaking you need to get it fixed.

Posted

Sorry to hear that your mum is ill.

The point im trying to make though is if your thermostat is working and normally you are comfortable at 22C for example when it is not as cold outside then why would 22C inside not be comfortable when it is colder outside?

You need to get that radiator in your room turned off, if its leaking you need to get it fixed.

Cheers.

It's my room. With it being so small, it holds heat. The rest of the house is quite cool in comparison.

Posted

Cheers.

It's my room. With it being so small, it holds heat. The rest of the house is quite cool in comparison.

Yes but the fact you have a radiator on when you dont want the heat that is why you are so hot.

Posted

Aye, turn the radiator off. It will also save you money. And ultimately save everyone money because if we all do that we won't need to generate so much energy :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

I only run the radiators in the rooms that actually need heating. The downstairs toilet & utility room run unheated (and thus drop to single figures in winter) and I'm still running nothing in the bedroom as I prefer it cooler there than the living room (currently 21c).

Had this argument today about warmth as I was complaining how stupidly overheated the office is. Yes I do love heat - I'd happily have the office/home at 25c+ but only if that was *natural* heat. 25c indoors is fine if it's 25c+ outdoors. But 25c indoors when its 7c outside feels horrible. I hate over compensation - overheating in winter or overcooling in summer. Just cause it's 30c outside doesn't mean I want to live in a fridge in the same way if it's -10c outside I don't want to live in an oven!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

Just checked my indoor monitor - warmest it's been indoors in the last three months was 25.2C on 16th August, coldest 13.6C on 16th October, currently 18.1C, which I find just about perfect.

Posted

If I had my own house, i'd hardly have the heat on. I like things cool, which is totally the opposite of what I was like as a kid.

Anyway, I've turned the radiator off. Had to get vice grips to turn the valve. Considering the system was installed by cowboys in the 70's, I hope they didn't connect them all in series...... :whistling:

I've been trying to get thermostats put on some radiators but my parents won't have them as it's not a big enough house. It's still above 24ºc..