Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Indoor Temps

Wilxy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot dry summers and very mild winters

My living room was down to 15C this morning and my bedroom was 13.5C. I'm glad the sun came out and heated most rooms to over 16C. Just put the living room heat pump on and It'll maintain 19.5C for the rest of the evening on tickover drawing 300w

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

House is down to a chilly 15.1c at the moment but i refuse to put the main central heating on yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Now 20.2c in here after having gas fire on miin for 3 hours plus cooking in the kitchen. It's now at it's non-summer default i.e. about as warm as I will artificially heat it (I aim for 20.5-21c).

Temps not dropping off as fast tonight (cloud cover) so hopefully it won't be too cold when we get back from the pub.

Posted

My living room was down to 15C this morning and my bedroom was 13.5C. I'm glad the sun came out and heated most rooms to over 16C. Just put the living room heat pump on and It'll maintain 19.5C for the rest of the evening on tickover drawing 300w

19.5C thats a bit chilly! I maintain my rooms with the heatpump at 21-22C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Its quite cool in my flat now the colder nights are in, what a difference the shine makes, it warms up nicely,and when its cloudy it really stays cool in my flat, pleased im not ground floor , im south facing so i get more evening shine then in summer,i get to see the sunsetting now where's in summer i would need to lean out window to see it! i wont use the heater yet, i feel i should save now to save later.

Edited by nimbilus

Posted

19.5C thats a bit chilly! I maintain my rooms with the heatpump at 21-22C

I'm comfortable sitting in a T-shirt at 19C in the summer so 19.5 is perfect for me in the winter with a jumper. As long as my feet are warm my whole body is warm, even at 18.5C

Posted

I'm comfortable sitting in a T-shirt at 19C in the summer so 19.5 is perfect for me in the winter with a jumper. As long as my feet are warm my whole body is warm, even at 18.5C

Do you cool your house to 19C in Summer? That would be too cold for me I get complaints when the room temp drops to 21C so I have to keep it at 22C which sometimes I can get too warm if I am rushing about

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

21c is technically 'room temperature' and I find it's about the lowest you can sit still in just a t-shirt in. Move around a bit then you can take ever lowering temps as activity levels increase. That or put more clothes on of course.

It's 16.9c in here this morning with no sun to warm it. The hot tea will do for now but the fire will most definitely be put on later!

Posted

The annual battle between myself and my girlfriend has started when she's 'cold' and wants the heating on but Im OK. I can usually get to mid-October before I cave in and let her put it on, but this weekend has tested that!

The temperature has fluctuated between 18.2C early in the morning to 21.0C later on through just sunshine, cooking etc. Not too bad really considering the temperature outside has been below 14C for over 48 hours with a strong wind.

Posted

The annual battle between myself and my girlfriend has started when she's 'cold' and wants the heating on but Im OK. I can usually get to mid-October before I cave in and let her put it on, but this weekend has tested that!

Ah glad I'm not the only one with that problem! M'lady is almost always cold it seems and there have been frequent demands for the central heating to go on... We've had the gas fire on but the only really warms the living room so as soon as she heads to the bedroom/bathroom/kitchen then it isn't warm enough.

Oh for warm summer weather when these battles don't exist!

Posted

Down to 15.7c indoors today :) Although that's partly down to having the back door open as usual (12.7c outside!). Cool enough to wear tracky bottoms and sweatshirt indoors though!

btw if you ever want to serve red wine at room temperature you need to stick it in the fridge - room temp used to be ~16c until we turned into wimps and wine is still best served at that temp :whistling:

Posted

Do you cool your house to 19C in Summer? That would be too cold for me I get complaints when the room temp drops to 21C so I have to keep it at 22C which sometimes I can get too warm if I am rushing about

I don't need to use my air con to cool. I keep my windows shut on hot days and then have them open all night once the temp has dropped lower than room temp. The hottest my south facing living room saw this year was 22C. It used to hit 30C until I had patio windows installed with that special glass that filters the sun's heat. All my bedrooms are north facing. My bungalow is freezing in winter but cool in summer. It's insulated as much as it can be but it must be down to the suspended wooden floors and the fact that most rooms don't have underlay under the carpet. I'll be replacing all the carpets next year after I've decorated. I just never got round to doing it this year, the garden takes most of my time.

Edited by swipe

Posted

Current indoor temperatures to hand:

18:45 - 26th September

Computer Room: 21.8°C - combination of central heating and portable heater.

Utility Room: 13.5°C - unheated room out back of house. BRRRR.

Kitchen: 18.2°C - rather colder than usual.

Posted

17 c and no need for heating here.wear a sweatshirt instead of a t shirt,saves loads on gas bills.

I'm wearing a fleece, two pairs of underwear, thick pants, and I still find it too cold below 20 degrees. I guess I'm cold blooded then. 17 degrees is an unacceptable room temp unless you have a bloody scarf hat and coat on in my opinion.

Posted

I don't need to use my air con to cool. I keep my windows shut on hot days and then have them open all night once the temp has dropped lower than room temp. The hottest my south facing living room saw this year was 22C. It used to hit 30C until I had patio windows installed with that special glass that filters the sun's heat. All my bedrooms are north facing. My bungalow is freezing in winter but cool in summer. It's insulated as much as it can be but it must be down to the suspended wooden floors and the fact that most rooms don't have underlay under the carpet. I'll be replacing all the carpets next year after I've decorated. I just never got round to doing it this year, the garden takes most of my time.

Fair play it is probably down to the flooring, my friends house gets very cold downstairs as he has wooden floors whilst upstairs is warm with fitted carpets.

Do you turn the temp up to make it cosy at anystage on an evening when your watching tv etc?

Posted

I'm wearing a fleece, two pairs of underwear, thick pants, and I still find it too cold below 20 degrees. I guess I'm cold blooded then. 17 degrees is an unacceptable room temp unless you have a bloody scarf hat and coat on in my opinion.

18C is perfectly comfortable if you wear a sweater and put slippers on. I'd be seriously questioning my health if I couldn't hack below 20C in all that gear.

Posted

18C is perfectly comfortable if you wear a sweater and put slippers on. I'd be seriously questioning my health if I couldn't hack below 20C in all that gear.

It wouldnt be warm enough for me as would cooling a room to that temperature in summer would be far too low. Mind you I like to sit warm and be cosy with t shirt on!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

I have both of the woodburners going this evening, one of them has been lit all day. A very nice 25.2C in my living room at the moment. A fire gives a much nicer heat that can't be matched by radiators or electric heaters IMO.

Posted

My health is fine. I am just very slim with low blood pressure so maybe that has something to do with it. While I can't cope with cold (below 20 degrees) I can tolerate heat like barely nobody else can.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

I wish I could tolerate heat. Would make summer more bearable.

It's still in the mid 20's in here and my fan is on. Computers give off so much heat!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Put the heating on for the first time last night. Got home from work & the indoor temp was 16.8c , a little to cold for the wife.

Posted

T-shirt and bare feet at that temp for me! In fact it's 18.2c indoors at the moment and I'm a bit too warm with a thin t-shirt on ...

Interesting how the house warms up (from 15.7c on Sunday) without there being any sun or any heating on