Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Indoor Temps

Wilxy

Posted

It's 19.5°C inside now, the heater has gone on. My physique was not designed for cold (anything below 20°C). Brrr. Shivering at my computer here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

19.1C, inside, feeling very chilly today.

Posted

My record low in Winter, with no radiator on, was 8.9C! I could see my breath it was that cold!

My record low indoor temperature (in the computer room) was 6.6°C on 30th/31st January 2010!! :o

In the utility room it has been known to get down to 3-4°C in winter, where the dogs sleep.

Posted

19.4c indoors atm. If the temp drops another 10c I may hve to put the heating on :unsure:

Sometimes drops to 4c in my bedroom in winter, due to the window being open - though never below freezing even when it's -10c outside :rolleyes:

Posted

Latest Temperatures from around the house at 19:00, 25/08:

Computer Room: 20.7°C (with heater on)

Utility Room: 16.5°C

Kitchen: 20.7°C

Edited by RichardR

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Flat lined at 20c all day. No sun to heat it earlier so only cooking dinner and our own bodies to warm - which it has done by 0.1c!

Posted

That's interesting Reef, what equipment/software are you using to get a graph like that?

It's 29.8C now in the office and very uncomfortable. My room is normally 20-22C at this time of year, rising to around 25C in the evenings with the TV/Xbox/PC etc on.

My record low in Winter, with no radiator on, was 8.9C! I could see my breath it was that cold!

Its Weatherlink for the Davis Vantage Pro 2. The temperature is from the console.

What you do in a heatwave is open the windows at night to cool the house down, then during daylight hours shut the windows to keep the cool air in and draw the curtains to stop the sun heating it up again… we managed to keep our house at a steady 22C during that heatwave in 2003 by doing this — it went up to 38.1C outside.

Yes, I find this works well aswell. Unfortunately my other half tends to open all the windows on warm days and let the warm air in!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Current temp inside is around 18.5c. A tad chilly but im going to bed soon.

Don't like the house below 18c in the day to be honest.

highest it really ever gets is around 24c in summer.

Winter it drops to around 8/10c some nights with frost on interior windows in some rooms and its kinda fun to see how much icicle can climb window in a cold night. 9 inches is about the record but it was a sub -10 night outside.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Coolest temperature since June, just 20.2C this morning!

Posted

18.6 in the house this evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

We've fallen to 18.4c in here after two sunless and cold days. The east wind makes things worse as it literally strips this place of warmth. I suspect I'm going to get some complaints when the missus gets in!

Had to keep the windows shut in the office too for first time in months which made for a stuffy day complete with the usual headache. The time for living freely seems to be over - it's time to begin 'coping' again! Gladly that ain't quite true yet as I'm sure there is better weather coming before the plunge.

Posted

Does anyone try and cool their house down when very hot and dry by spraying the roof and walls with water? This uses the same principal as the old clay pot milk bottle coolers that work by evaporation. Seems to work to some degree provided you don't squirt it through an open window which will cause the other half to increase the temparature by several degrees.

H

Posted

I'm keeping track of the temperature in the my Computer Room, Utility Room, and Kitchen.

Today, it was about 19°C in the computer room most of the day, so I have had to put the heater on. Now it is up to a neutral 22°C, perfect. :huh:

In the utility room, in the back of the house, it is always cold. It has never been over 20°C in there, and the lowest temperature record in there this August is a shocking 13.1°C :) Thank goodness I don't have to sleep in there!

As for the kitchen, while preparing a huge meal earlier, which involved intensive oven use, many pans frying and boiling various foods, and use of the grill; I made sure to keep the door closed and the temperature rocketed up to a beautiful 28.3°C! Aaaah, bliss. :rofl: Still not quite hot enough to take off the ol' fleece tho.

Edited by RichardR

Posted

It is a rather chilly 17.5c/17.9c depending on which room your in but i have just turned the heater on in bedroom and notched it up to a nice 23c before i go to bed to stop me waking up mid way through night cold because i still have summer quilt on bed. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

I have air conditioning throughout my flat that also does the heating (heat pump) and in both summer I keep rooms at 22C during the day when im up and about and then 23C at night when sat down in front of the tv. At night the bedroom is at 22C to sleep in.

Without the air con on my bedroom which has massive bay windows gets the sun from when it comes up to about mid morning and the room can easily get upto 30C, luckily I fitted blackout curtains that reflect most of the suns heat back out so the room can get upto 25C without the air con on.

The lounge can get upto 28C on a hot day and thats with no sun facing windows, its a victorian house so its so badly insulated and due to other rooms such as bedrooms getting heated by the sun the heat goes through to other rooms.

In winter I keep bedrooms at about 20C and lounge at 22C. IF its really cold out the house walls get cold inside and due to the high ceilings its nessasary to bump it upto 23C to offset draughts from the air cooling against the walls.

Humidity in summer is usually about 55% and winter can be about 45 to 55%

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Sweltering at a stuffy 25C in my little bedroom at the minute. I daren't open the window because everytime I do, a massive spider crawls into my room which I spot an hour later!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Because my bedroom is a converted loft with a window that doesn't shut properly. The temperature ranges in here are huge.

During the summer it can quite easily get up into the 30's, during Spring and Autumn its usually around 15-22c but during the winter I've known it to get down as low as 1c, yes, 1c. I have a heater which heats it up perfectly, but one day last winter I decided to turn it off to see just how cold it could get.

Its currently 19c in here and I haven't had the heater on. I'm generally fine if the temperature is between 17-24c. Any higher or lower I get uncomfortable.

during the winter I've known it to get down as low as 1c, yes, 1c. I have a heater which heats it up perfectly, but one day last winter I decided to turn it off to see just how cold it could get.

Lol, a touch of bedroom frost?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot dry summers and very mild winters

Currently 17.8C here in my living room. It can drop to below 10C in here with no heating on in the depths of winter. I've insulated the best I can (loft and cavity wall) but it has a suspended wooden floor and my carpet has no underlay so I think it's losing heat through that. In the summer, even on the hottest days, it rarely reaches more than 23C, and it's south facing. It used to easily hit 30C until I replaced my big window with energy efficiency patio doors.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

Currently 20.4C , 69% humidity in the north facing living room atm. Can get as low as 15-16C in this house sometimes and as high as 23-24C. House is only 17 years old , so we've got a relitively modern central heating system.

Edited by Calum

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

My bedroom is dependant on the wind direction and strength till the cold winter air takes over. Fans are still on.

It's 25ºc at the moment. Rose to 27ºc the other day as this room is my office, workshop, shed, junk store and somewhere there's a loft bed...

I keep my window open all the time and put up with spiders (which seem to do nothing about the evil moths). If it gets very cold (which it does during a NE/E airflow), I will do my bit for the environment and plug the heated blanket in. Yes i'm lazy and I have it plugged into a remote controlled socket so I can turn it on and off from my bed. Same with the lights and hi-fi. Occasionally I get the wrong button and make myself or others jump...

The best thing about Winter is that the cold morning air in my room does wonders for waking one up on a morning, if the sudden burst of lights on a timer doesn't get you first.