Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Indoor Temps

Wilxy

Posted

I thought i would make this topic cause i find it intresting how warm it gets in your room sometimes and humidity.

At the moment its 24.3C but with a 73% humidity and feels very uncomfortble at the moment :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

It's around 27ºc in here. Usually gets into the mid 30's during a heatwave. By October it'll be in the low 20's and during winter it usually stays in the high teens.

I'm in a tiny bedroom which has allot of electrical stuff in it. Fans help but not greatly.

Edited by Stelmer

At Watford at the time of writing I have a temp of 23.6 in my bedroom with a humidity of of 60%. Outside slight rain - haven't checked the temp but it is probably about 18 or 19C.

Posted

My bedroom is usually 21-24c during summer and 18-21c during winter, but I can't sleep if it's any warmer than 24c. The highest I've ever seen it is 28c when it was really hot in June. I think the house is probably a similar temperature; we tend to leave the heating off for as long as possible in Autumn and Winter.

Currently in here it's 23.0c and I've got both windows open.

Edited by Tom D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Living room runs from a freezing 11c during winter during coldest weather and just before heating comes on in afternoon (i.e. not heated since morning) where I wait 2 hours for it to reach bearable temp of 20c. I try to hold it around 20-20.5c but this rapidly falls away once heating is off for an hour. Bedroom ideally around 18-21c but often falls lower in winter, higher in summer when sun is on it (mornings).

In summer living room rarely rises above 23c except in the hottest weather and only then until lunchtime when the sun moves round. It easily falls away into the teens with windows open once outdoor temps drop off at night.

This place is poorly insulated and very sensitive to cool/cold weather. It's a lovely summer house keeping cool and pleasant but a dreadful winter house where you need to burn half the North Sea gas reserve to keep warm!

It's currently 20.9c in here having been around 20c all night - no windows open as yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Our house is 10 years old and we have an Aga and underfloor heating. The Aga was turned off around the end of May, and we've been cooking with the electric 'extra' Aga. We have to turn it off as our bedroom's over the kitchen — great in winter, but not so great in summer. I suppose the kitchen keeps at a steady 21C and the bedroom would too if we left it on.

In winter we keep the underfloor running very low at around 15C as we've worked out it's the best way to conserve heat with interlined curtains, then when we want to use the living room, we light a fire with logs. Most of the time is spent upstairs in the office and the computers do an excellent job of heating it. Lucky my husband's a bit of a nerd and mostly stays in the office, as he'd turn the heat up so I'd find it unbearable.

Posted

Got your thermals on? :wallbash:

No, only two pairs of underwear and a fleece over the top.

Now 20.4°C at 11:30am and the highest we had in here this summer was 23.1°C thanks to this cool house with its thick stone walls.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Well my room is south facing so i get alot of heat from the sun in the summer! It is normally about 23-26C in summer but on warm or hot days can easily get to 30C+! In winter however, i don't put my radiator on often as i like to keep it cool, so it is normally in the mid-high teens, sometimes reaches 20c if i put the radiator in the room on! I will have to see how cold i can get my room this winter i think, as didn't think about it last winter! Since i got this weather station end of summer last year i think, the highest i have recorded was 33C and the lowest 14.3C! Currently a nice 23.7C with 63% humidity!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

It's currently 22.0C with 42% RH in the sitting room in my apartment, so not too bad. It can get quite warm though, around 25C (max 26.3C) during sunny warm days or if there's lots of people and down to around 13 or 14C in winter.

The house I lived in last year was amazingly cold. Recorded 2.9C in there during winter 08/09, the thermometer was in the kitchen which had no heating so it never reall warmed up. Was drinking some nights and poured left over drink with ice into the sink in the kitchen only to get up in the morning to find the ice hadn't yet melted!

Posted

Although we live in an early-1980s semi, it has full loft and cavity wall insulation and is south-facing plus well sheltered from the wind. This means its actually very cheap to keep warm in winter. In the last 12 months despite the coldest winter for 30 years we used a mere 12500kWh of gas (average for a semi is 20000kWh). However unfortunately it also means its a nightmare in summer. It literally just warms up in sunshine and stays that way. Just about the only time it drops below 22C is when the windows have been open for hours. Ive attached a chart of the indoor temps for the last month and you'll see what I mean:

post-2418-085233200 1282564048_thumb.gif

This sensor is in the bedroom on the north-facing side of the house. The large drops below 22C are where the windows have been open all night and its cool outside. Notice how it only dips below 20C three times in the 31 day period! The min temp on the 24th was 8.9C and still the house never dropped below 22C.

Posted

18C and 58% humidity right now. It's bearable ( being the warmth-hater that I am),and it's hammering it down outside - excellent! I'm happy to have no heating on in winter whatsoever,so if I'm home alone I don't. But the missus feels the cold easily and actually puts the heating on in midsummer,saying "ooh it's got a bit chilly" or somesuch nonsense. This generally results in much general unpleasantness.......

Posted

An interesting observation about room temperatures is that when I am in the room it is up to 1-2°C warmer than average on a given day as compared with me leaving early in the morning and returning in the evening. Now it is 20.6°C so a bit on the cold side, but I can always stuff my face with fattening foods to address that trouble.

Posted

............... but I can always stuff my face with fattening foods to address that trouble.

:cray: ...... like I often tell the missus when she's moaning about feeling cold, "get some bread 'n' 'taties darn thi neck,tha'll be alright"!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Occasionally the kitchen/dining room will reach 23c if Mrs Terminal has been baking copious amounts of bread, cakes and pies but in general its around 18-19c in summer and somewhere between 10 and 16 in winter depending on the time of day.

Upstairs has been known to exceed 21c in the hottest weather but is usually in the general range of 16-18c. In winter it was down to 11c when the heating was off and around 17-18c when it was on.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

I've had my bedroom window open all summer, so its probably in the high teens. In the winter, i keep my window open for a fair bit because i love the cold, so it probably drops down to about 10C.

Posted

It can sometimes get very warm in my room if i have my pc on which is why i use my laptop more :diablo:.

Its been as hot as 28C in my room before and i never slept that night :girl_devil:

Posted

It's 19.8°C inside today, :) more days this cold and the heater will go on!

Posted

It's 19.8°C inside today, :p more days this cold and the heater will go on!

House has got above 17C here this year. Heating on several days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Although we live in an early-1980s semi, it has full loft and cavity wall insulation and is south-facing plus well sheltered from the wind. This means its actually very cheap to keep warm in winter. In the last 12 months despite the coldest winter for 30 years we used a mere 12500kWh of gas (average for a semi is 20000kWh). However unfortunately it also means its a nightmare in summer. It literally just warms up in sunshine and stays that way. Just about the only time it drops below 22C is when the windows have been open for hours. Ive attached a chart of the indoor temps for the last month and you'll see what I mean:

This sensor is in the bedroom on the north-facing side of the house. The large drops below 22C are where the windows have been open all night and its cool outside. Notice how it only dips below 20C three times in the 31 day period! The min temp on the 24th was 8.9C and still the house never dropped below 22C.

That's interesting Reef, what equipment/software are you using to get a graph like that?

It's 29.8C now in the office and very uncomfortable. My room is normally 20-22C at this time of year, rising to around 25C in the evenings with the TV/Xbox/PC etc on.

My record low in Winter, with no radiator on, was 8.9C! I could see my breath it was that cold!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

What you do in a heatwave is open the windows at night to cool the house down, then during daylight hours shut the windows to keep the cool air in and draw the curtains to stop the sun heating it up again… we managed to keep our house at a steady 22C during that heatwave in 2003 by doing this — it went up to 38.1C outside.