Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm General Discussion Thread

J10

Posted

it looks like we are middle of things, camera at ready!!!! temps still 20c here and really quiet' and humid, did think it was meant to fresher today!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Yeah looks as though most of Wales will get missed but SE Wales should get something - NAE is pointing to 20-30mm for SE Wales.

EDIT: Possibly upto 40mm for SE.

The heavy area presently west of Cornwall seems on course for Swansea and Cardiff to me.

Posted

That may be an unfortunate choice of words as although many of us love extremer weather, we surely don't want another 1987? (even if that were remotely on the cards) :lol:

no way!!i worked at boscombe gardens in 87, and it was carnage, even little me, a female, was allowed out with a chainsaw¬¬¬

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Wow very dark on this webcam in Penzance

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cornwall/webcams/webcam_penzance.shtml

On the second webcam

Edited by Marcus_surfer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

Wow very dark on this webcam in Penzance

http://62.49.17.87:8100/popup.html

lol i think we just crashed the cam

Edit: oh working again now

Edited by Daveweiser

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

lol i think we just crashed the cam

Oops. I can't get on it anymore either. Well most of the cars have their lights on

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

Here try this one in exmouth acording to nw radar its just about to hit the rain and you can see the rain getting closer to the camera from the sea!

http://www.exmouthcam.co.uk/webcam/

It just looks white out to sea which is prob rain as about 10 mins ago you could see to the other side of the coast

Edited by Daveweiser

Posted

Can't believe people are getting excited over what is to be some rain and a bit of wind!... Wonder if it will be a damp squib :lol:

I find very heavy rain pretty exciting, possibly emphasized because most of this year has been quite boring weather wise and the huge lack of storms, Some thunder would be a bonus, but hoping for that here would be stupid!:rofl:

Anyway it does look like there will be some rather 'interesting' rainfall totals in some places!

Posted

Does look to me as though the majority of the rain will end up a bit further north than forecast? almost directly northeastwards.

Will this change?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

where do you think the highest totals of rain will be tonight? Do we expect anything much for Essex

Posted

looking good for east yorkshire and lincs now.

Don't forget the track of the low can change upto 50+ miles easily for how close in timeframe we are.

After looking at the latest NAE precipitation rates, on the models i have 65-70mm flirting right next to me here in Hull, and then just west of me 19-26mm, so i'm fairly confident of seeing some rather heavy rainfall. Welcomed by me and probably many others, although looks like my fishing trip tomorrow could be a wash out.

Any more experienced members or John Holmes know what time this band is likely to clear east tomorrow, I was setting off at 7-8am tomorrow morning for fishing, if i go just after dinner, I should avoid it should I not? I'm night fishing aswell so fingers crossed its not a wet night tomorrow night.

Very difficult to accurately project the direction of the rainfall, due to the pulsing nature of the rain, it might be that SE Wales some heavy rain, but the Bristol areas still seems in the firing line. As for its current position, it is very close to that forecast by the models.

Posted

Earlier today Ian Ferguson mentioned the possibility of embedded storms, that red blob just ssw of the IOW looks like it may be convective in nature. It will be interesting to see if there any sferics from it later if it maintains its current strength, it must be interacting with the humid and warm airmass that has been over the SE of the country over recent days.

Posted

Very difficult to accurately project the direction of the rainfall, due to the pulsing nature of the rain, it might be that SE Wales some heavy rain, but the Bristol areas still seems in the firing line. As for its current position, it is very close to that forecast by the models.

I hope so but looking at radar south wales look very good at the moment would be a bonus if we had extreme rain, as im only just about recovering from the decent storm we had this time yesterday :lol:

Severe Weather Warning extended to cover Bridgend eastwards in Wales.

I hope so but looking at radar south wales look very good at the moment would be a bonus if we had extreme rain, as im only just about recovering from the decent storm we had this time yesterday :lol:

I still think only real rain for Wales should be in the far east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Severe Weather Warning extended to cover Bridgend eastwards in Wales.

I still think only real rain for Wales should be in the far east.

Yep just seen that, is it a bit further north/west than expected then? Skies to the south and west are slowly getting darker, gone very still outside!

Yep just seen that, is it a bit further north/west than expected then? Skies to the south and west are slowly getting darker, gone very still outside!

From the NAE (06Hz and 12Hz) most of South Wales was expected to get some rain, with eastern areas close to an inch, that seems to be very much on track.

Posted

:help:Monsoon season has arrived and it's only just began

Yeps the monsoon season is a bit late this year re last 4 years.

But rest assured it will all be blamed on "global warming" or "climate change" as it seems to have been relabeled in the past 5 years.

Posted

Yeps the monsoon season is a bit late this year re last 4 years.

But rest assured it will all be blamed on "global warming" or "climate change" as it seems to have been relabeled in the past 5 years.

No doubt but, I can remember lots of augusts before globel crap being like this, hornets nest and all that.

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

It has got noticeably darker here in the last 10 minutes. I suspect that this monsoon is about to start.