Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

First Frost!

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

http://www.weatheron...uk/ukukstdf.htm

Filter as required, if you have any questions please ask.

How do you use that?

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Wick is down to 10C, but thats the lowest so far.

Posted

Reached -1.8C in the Caringorms last night.

Posted
  • Location: Crocketford nr Dumfries, Dumfries and Galloway 124m a.s.l
  • Location: Crocketford nr Dumfries, Dumfries and Galloway 124m a.s.l

Ground frost forecast for this area tonight, wont get a frost here but I think the weather station 5 miles away down in the river valley will get an air frost tonight

Posted

We had a close call here in Wales last night got down to 4.1 could have been lower but that's the tmepreature i registered at half past 4 when the cat had to come in. So if that's to go by I wouldnt be suprised if tonight we could given how clear it seems out there :).

Posted

If this wind dies away we might get one buts its not, clear enough too 11c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Cardiff-Wales airport dewpoint has plummited in the last few hours to just 3c, is that correct or is there likely to be an error with the weather station. Its gone from 51f to just 37f in 1 hour? http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/EGFF/2010/8/29/DailyHistory.html

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

We had a close call here in Wales last night got down to 4.1 could have been lower but that's the tmepreature i registered at half past 4 when the cat had to come in. So if that's to go by I wouldnt be suprised if tonight we could given how clear it seems out there :).

Are you sure Adam, I had a minimum of 10.9c last night and nowhere else in Wales seems to have been below 10c?

The previous night was a cool 7c though.

It turned very cool after the showers this afternoon, when the sun came out it was 2c lower (14c @ 1600) than when it was cloudy, quite unusual for that to happen in Summer! Shows what a cool airmass this is, if the wind falls off and it stays clear a ground frost will be fairly widespread across Wales. Just 12.3c here now but its still fairly windy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Going to be a chilly one tonight i feel.

Temperature is currently 12.8c and falling.

Posted

Going to be a chilly one tonight i feel.

Temperature is currently 12.8c and falling.

Yes it does seem like the perfect night for a frost, a slack northerly flow and cool dew-points. Although the odds of a city achieving a frost in August are a million to one, with the lowest temperature ever recorded in Leeds in August is 6.c(?). The lowest temperature so far has been 7.c (at LBA) which is quite cool for August.

Current temperature is 12.3c, it was 12.2.c at 6pm, temps rose to 13.c and is dropping back down again. On the coolest night of August the temp was 13.4c at 7:50pm, in theory we should achieve a lower min than the 6.c

The forecast low for LS16 is 7.c, what is very interesting though is the Beeb are forecasting a min of just 4.c for Monday, http://news.bbc.co.u...r/forecast/2535 ,which if comes to frutation would be the lowest min for August ever recorded.

Edited by 10123

Posted

Are you sure Adam, I had a minimum of 10.9c last night and nowhere else in Wales seems to have been below 10c?

The previous night was a cool 7c though.

It turned very cool after the showers this afternoon, when the sun came out it was 2c lower (14c @ 1600) than when it was cloudy, quite unusual for that to happen in Summer! Shows what a cool airmass this is, if the wind falls off and it stays clear a ground frost will be fairly widespread across Wales. Just 12.3c here now but its still fairly windy.

Yes I am I found it rather unbelievable myself this morning, but there was also a thick dew everywhere and the sky was pristine clear so it is possible just very unlikely :wallbash: Tonight has a far greater chance however.

Posted

Cardiff-Wales airport dewpoint has plummited in the last few hours to just 3c, is that correct or is there likely to be an error with the weather station. Its gone from 51f to just 37f in 1 hour? http://www.wundergro...ilyHistory.html

Quite possible, Manchester Airport dew point fell rapidly after lunch today from 10C to 6C in 2 hours as the front moved south. It's now down to 5Cso not much change.

Edited by Sunny Android

Posted

Current temperature here is 10C, most of the UK seems to be just below this away fro the south.

Likely to be an error at Manchester, the airport is currently reporting 12C.

Posted

Yes I am I found it rather unbelievable myself this morning, but there was also a thick dew everywhere and the sky was pristine clear so it is possible just very unlikely :wallbash: Tonight has a far greater chance however.

Your reading is highly questionnable for last night Adam....Nantgaredig only fell to 9.6c...I think it was fairly cloudy here last night. I would usually be on par with the lowest readings for Wales. Sensor playing up perhaps? Just seems wrong. In fact nowhere on Weatheronline got even below 10c!

Its a little chilly for a late Summer evening out there! 8.3c, so if it stays calm and clear 2c could be on with a definate ground frost!

Posted

Current temperature here is 10C, most of the UK seems to be just below this away fro the south.

Likely to be an error at Manchester, the airport is currently reporting 12C.

It's 10.9 here so 12.c may not be far of the mark.

Posted

Around 9.9c temperature could've been 7 or 8c by now but the wind stayed and the cloud stayed so its dropping while slowly though wind has died off , but still *sigh*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Current temperature 7.8c so i think I might see first ground frost in august which would be earliest i remember.

The house is getting abit chilly now at 17.9c so i might have to turn the heating on for an hour soon.:wallbash:

Edited by mullender83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Minima for the last few nights have been very low in Gurteen in Tipperary. 24th 6.8C, 25th 4.4C, 26th 2.3C, 27th 7.5C, 28th 6.4C. Tonight is set to be another cold one with 2C or 3C likely

Posted

In my previous post I had meant to say 'nowhere south of Scotland fell below 10c last night' on weatheronline.

7.8c here now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

So far my lowest temp this month is 8.4C early yesterday morning! tonight its currently 9.6C so i think it could be our coldest night this month, although no frost is likely here! still interesting to see so many places get so low this time of year! :wallbash:

Posted

Even here in Buxton it is still 9C, and Manchester is usually always at least 2C warmer than us.

Edit: yep Manchester is at 12C currently, so I don't know where some people are getting their "Info" from.

Edited by RichardR