Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

First Frost!

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

Crap again down to 3c Here again , we might make those values next Monday or Tuesday as netweather forecast it... When do we usually get this?

Posted

Still looking like some cool nights ahead over the next few days.

Could be least a ground frost tonight N England Northwards in favourable locations.

After altnaharra's frost last night I would expect a few more sites to record an air frost as far south as N England into early next week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Lowest it got in Ireland (as far as I can see at least) was 2.5C in Butlers Bridge in Cavan. Beaten to it by the Scots!

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

There we have it! -1.0C at 6am this morning :(

Briliant!

There is a good chance of somewhere recoding below 0C everyday for the next week, the best chance for England looks to be sunday and monday night.

Posted

Similar temps here hopefully I get one will be up at 6:30!! Would love too see frost again ihope ballykelly gets too six degrees now so we can be official .. Btw is air frost the coldest frost I.e grass frost or ground frost etc?

Posted

Weather at 0100 hours

Shap England 4.1c

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/nw/shap_latest_weather.html

Altnaharra, Scotland 4.8

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/he/altnaharra_latest_weather.html

It is most likely to drop lower but by how much.

:wallbash: We'll see in the morning. (this morning)

Edited by shaunwales

Posted

Weather at 0100 hours

Shap England 4.1c

http://www.metoffice...st_weather.html

Oooooo...got down to 2.2C in Shap. 7 miles (and countless social classes away) in Great Asby, it dropped to 3.1C, making it the coldest night since....oh....June 20th!

Posted

Oooooo...got down to 2.2C in Shap. 7 miles (and countless social classes away) in Great Asby, it dropped to 3.1C, making it the coldest night since....oh....June 20th!

Models still going for another cold night early next week. 850mb temp about 3C cooler so should make that difference in getting an air frost at Shap Fell.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rmgfs784.gif

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rmgfs784.gif

Just down to 6.2c on side of a hill here.

Edited by Tucco

Posted

Models still going for another cold night early next week. 850mb temp about 3C cooler so should make that difference in getting an air frost at Shap Fell.

It really is quite sad, but the other day I went to Shap (can you believe there's a New Balance factory outlet shop there?!) and actually went to look for the weather station. I either found it on the road to Wet Sleddale reservoir, or someone in Shap has some serious amateur weather equipment.

Posted

It really is quite sad, but the other day I went to Shap (can you believe there's a New Balance factory outlet shop there?!) and actually went to look for the weather station. I either found it on the road to Wet Sleddale reservoir, or someone in Shap has some serious amateur weather equipment.

Been to the New Balance shop and to the Meto Station. Just need to tick off the Corus lime works and I 've seen all Shap has to offer.

Streetview

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&layer=c&cbll=54.502352,-2.684515&panoid=ke1nzp99EAuGXP8ks1jG3w&cbp=13,228.47,,0,0.39&ll=54.506109,-2.684999&spn=0,0.024118&z=15&source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

Often wonder how much the nearby reservoir effects the site?

Edited by Tucco

Posted

Been to the New Balance shop and to the Meto Station. Just need to tick off the Corus lime works and I 've seen all Shap has to offer.

Streetview

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&layer=c&cbll=54.502352,-2.684515&panoid=ke1nzp99EAuGXP8ks1jG3w&cbp=13,228.47,,0,0.39&ll=54.506109,-2.684999&spn=0,0.024118&z=15&source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

Often wonder how much the nearby reservoir effects the site?

You forget the outdoor swimming pool! Bet there aren't many people there today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Met Eireann says Gurteen got down to just 2.3C yesterday, which is probably within around 1.5C off the August record low for that area.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold

Interestingly, on Look North at lunchtime they claimed Shap got down to 1C last night.

Edited by fozi999

Posted

Interestingly, on Look North at lunchtime they claimed Shap got down to 1C last night.

OON was quoting the hourly figures.

Link below shows temp got down to 1.1C. These fiures are update 4 times a day.

http://www.met.rdg.ac.uk/~brugge/CURR.html

Posted

OON was quoting the hourly figures.

Link below shows temp got down to 1.1C. These fiures are update 4 times a day.

http://www.met.rdg.ac.uk/~brugge/CURR.html

Notable cold night then. Always wondered where the shap fell weather station is located. Can anyone give a grid ref. I spent one night in Altnaharra on a trip to scotland and sad as I am I rejoiced in seeing the weather station which has recorded the equal coldest temp in the country i.e. -27.2 degrees on 29 dec 1995 I recall.

Back to prospect of frosts, I think much of central and eastern cumbria Windermere and possibly Kendal included have a very good chance of seeing at least the first ground frost of the season on Monday night and Shap Fell its first air frost. Many north pennine locations and west northumberland also have a good chance. Highland very good chance of air frost. If so, it would be notably very very early in the season. Case of wait and see.

Posted

What did Altnaharra drop to last night?

Temperatures holding up well so far tonight.

Posted

Could someone post me a link to that wee site which tells you the grass mins i want too see if a few stations got at least a grass frost because of how low we where.

Edited by frostyjoe