Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

First Frost!

Posted

I'll send some to you reef, I feel bad for having so many frosts after reading this. The frost on the car was so thick this morning I rolled it into a snowball and gave it to my two year old to play with!!

LOL!

My car doors wouldn't open first attempt. Jeez, thought the central locking had gone for one horrible moment until i applied some brute force :cold: -5.4c we reached here @ 06:00.

Posted

Air frost last night not sure how cold it got, however it made a nice white scene this morning.

Tonight we are relatively mild compared to many other parts, largely due to large amounts of cloud and recent very heavy showers, the clouds and showers look like clearing in the next couple of hours, with clearing skies and polar air it has all the hallmarks of widespread icy conditions in the morning - could be very treacherous. Expecting another air frost tonight.

Posted

I'll send some to you reef, I feel bad for having so many frosts after reading this. The frost on the car was so thick this morning I rolled it into a snowball and gave it to my two year old to play with!!

It was actually a relief this morning for the car not to be iced over as Id just finished a night shift. I love frosts but to have to clear the car just to go home and sit inside it freezing when you just want to go to bed isnt the best!

As expected we seem to have fallen short again with the temperature bottoming out at 1.5C. Theres still a chance later in the night when the cloud and light rain passes over however.

Posted

A wet early part of the night here, but another air frost now, so black ice everywhere.

This morning is our 9th air frost of the autumn, and only once before have we had this many air frosts by this date - in 2007. So I don't think anyone can take anything from this stat as far as the coming winter goes!

Posted

We've currently surpassed last years november here with frost and recorded my first air frost in August!!! That's a record for here :)