Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Backtrack

Tetanus

My dog accidently scratched my eyelid.

I went to A+E and they gave me the tetanus vaccine. Just wondering if I could still have tetanus because my muscles are starting to hurt?

My dog accidently scratched my eyelid.

I went to A+E and they gave me the tetanus vaccine. Just wondering if I could still have tetanus because my muscles are starting to hurt?

That should be the vaccine kicking in. If it gets worse phone a doctor.

That should be the vaccine kicking in. If it gets worse phone a doctor.

Thanks CMD. I will. Just worried that's all.

Just to add, it was 2 days ago I had the vaccine?

Just read tablet side effects it said muscle and joint pain. hopefully its that.

Ironic really, because sometimes I phone up my doctor, of NHS direct, to see if they know what the weather will be like.

I was meant to get my tetanus booster during the last couple of years of high school..... the nurses came in and gave everyone one; a bit like the BCG. I was ill on the day though and never ended up getting it done. That was 7 years ago and i'm now 22, think I should really think about getting it done :p

Ironic really, because sometimes I phone up my doctor, of NHS direct, to see if they know what the weather will be like.

What? :p

I was meant to get my tetanus booster during the last couple of years of high school..... the nurses came in and gave everyone one; a bit like the BCG. I was ill on the day though and never ended up getting it done. That was 7 years ago and i'm now 22, think I should really think about getting it done :)

You should get it done. My Dad's cousin died at the age of 45 from tetanus which he got from a scratch from the family dog.

Yeah I know, it's not a nice thing. I don't like hospitals or doctors so the thought of having to have on in that setting put me off.

Yeah I know, it's not a nice thing. I don't like hospitals or doctors so the thought of having to have on in that setting put me off.

The needle doesn't hurt.

You should get it done. My Dad's cousin died at the age of 45 from tetanus which he got from a scratch from the family dog.

Did he have treatment though?

Did he have treatment though?

He was in hospital a week before he died. It's not a minor ailment.

:lol: