Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Bermuda Triangle

Coast

Posted

bermuda-triangle.jpg

I have been interested in the legend and research of the Bermuda Triangle for much of my life, but a recent Channel 5 documentary highlighted the many natural phenomena that occur in this part of the world that may be responsible or a contributory factor for some of the aircraft and ship disappearances.

Underwater magnetic fields, freak unexpected mega-waves, the flow of the Gulf stream, solar storms and of course for us here in the forum - the regular and violent thunderstorms off the Florida coast. Other researchers have suggested huge bubbling cauldrons of Methane hydrates coming from the continental shelves, or that it is just human error or even piracy.

So what do you think were the causes that surrounded the loss of Flight 19, the Mary Celeste, the USS Cyclops, two KC-135 Stratotankers, the SS Marine Sulphur Queen or the Raifuku Maru? (see this list of some of the Bermuda Triangle incidents)

Is it natural phenomena or underwater occurrences, is it dynamic weather conditions and disorientation? or is it something more 'out of this world' or even a space/time portal??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

For me, the biggest mystery is 'why is there a mystery about the area of ocean called the 'Bermuda Triangle'.....The majority of incidents have a perfectly simple explanation, some incidents are totally made up, and some have been totally embellished....The actual number of unexplained mysteries is negligible....to quote the wiki entry...."When the UK Channel 4 television program "The Bermuda Triangle" (c. 1992) was being produced by John Simmons of Geofilms for the Equinox series, the marine insurer Lloyd's of London was asked if an unusually large number of ships had sunk in the Bermuda Triangle area. Lloyd's of London determined that large numbers of ships had not sunk there.[12]

United States Coast Guard records confirm their conclusion. In fact, the number of supposed disappearances is relatively insignificant considering the number of ships and aircraft that pass through on a regular basis.[11]"

I think that passage of text sums it up pretty well for me

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Im interested in this subject, and many others of the type to.

Of course the first theory being weather as the cause ,but wasnt some lost during normal conditions? its a long list their and most in the 40s seem to have been bought down in december-febuary, thinking that some are sea craft and other are aircraft it rules out just rough seas.

I think something disrupts the compass, pulling you in to the area thats called...(as the name).

can you upload a map of the area?

Edited by nimbilus

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I'm with aj on this one. Statistically speaking, there's nothing in need of any explanation...

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Mary Celeste didn't even go through the the Bermuda triangle so that's one down.

Flight 19 simply got lost and ran out of fuel.

USS Cyclops sister ships also sank in the Atlantic probably due massive structural failure very likely the same thing happened too USS Cyclops

SS Marine Sulphur Queen sounded like a floating wreck ready to go.

Edited by The PIT

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I find this fascinating there are so many theories as to what if anything happens in this area, I'm not convinced it's anything to do the the paranormal or extraterrestial beings but more like a natural phenomena - it's an intriguing subject and I'm sorry I missed that programme. I can see how methane hydrates could increase the density of the water causing ships to sink and also create magnetic problems which would affect the navigation systems on ships and planes, that and weather related issues would be my favoured explanation for these unexplained events but I think it will always remain one of the world's unsolved mysteries.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Imagine going(for example) south, but you are actually going round in a giant circle, the compass shows south, and all radio frequencys never got out or in, the fuel in a plane would run out and end up in the ocean, is something causing magnetic forces? i think its very powerful and it pulls craft in, and cuts of the radio frequencys so no comunication. but what is causing it?

Posted

If, statistically, more things go 'missing' in the so-called Bermuda Triangle, there would be a need for explanatory 'theories'... Oddly, though, things don't go missing there, anymore than they do anywhere else...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Imagine going(for example) south, but you are actually going round in a giant circle, the compass shows south, and all radio frequencys never got out or in, the fuel in a plane would run out and end up in the ocean, is something causing magnetic forces? i think its very powerful and it pulls craft in, and cuts of the radio frequencys so no comunication. but what is causing it?

nothing

as Pete posted, there's no mystery!

Posted

If, statistically, more things go 'missing' in the so-called Bermuda Triangle, there would be a need for explanatory 'theories'... Oddly, though, things don't go missing there, anymore than they do anywhere else...

Its the sock monster..... I have one that lives inside my washing machine............ :rolleyes:

Some of the ships/boats that have gone missing...

http://www.bermuda-triangle.org/html/lost_ships.html

I'm trying to find an article I have read a while ago that shows how some boats have been found with a new identity. It has strong links to the drugs trade.

Posted

Its the sock monster..... I have one that lives inside my washing machine............ :crazy:

Aaaah...I forgot about him. (I assume it's a 'him'.) I wouldn't want to upset 'You Know Who'. :oops::bomb::fool:

Posted

im staying with my theory of, magnetic fields.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

I also watched that documentary on Channel 5 and found it very intriguing. There was something on the National Geographic Channel earlier on this year which was pretty much in the same vein.

Some interesting theories produced by both shows though. :cc_confused:

Certainly food for thought. Something must be going on in that particular area. Anything from magnetic phenomena to maybe even extra terrestrial activity. (The latter probably a bit far-fetched I know!)

Otherwise, who knows?

Phil.

Posted

Maybe a spaceship under the sea a mothership, and sends out craft to check out our world and thats where these u.f.o's are from!

Posted

I think I'll stick to my own 'theory' on this one: that there's nothing in need of any explanation?? Apart from (perhaps) the question: why do so many peeps believe there is?

That said, I was one of those very peeps, for many years. :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Sinking ships, obviously gases released from under the ocean.

Planes gone missing, storms in that area develop fairly quickly, its easy to get caught up in one.

I have flew through Bermuda, I'm still here to tell the tale.

Posted

Aircraft fly round or above hurricanes, something must have pulled the aircrafts in, boats got caught in storms, but both types went under, the ships sank, the aircraft crashed in the sea and sank, theory - somethings disrupted all navigation and radio equipment, planes ran out of fuel and crashed, boats got lost, drawn into the storms and sink, but what caused it?

Edited by nimbilus

Posted

Nimbilus...

I think, and I omitted to mention this that occurred in early June 2009, Air France flight 477 from Brazil to Paris flew into an unprecedented thunderstorm. Electrics and cockpit dials went beserk, then disappeared off radar minutes later. MCS was developing so the plane was surrounded by electromagnetic magnetivity. Now either lightning was a cause of the lethal crash, or as said in a sense... a magnetic block.

I'm not suggesting that this maybe the complete cause, but that area of Bermuda is notorious for storms and hurricanes. The ship theory with underlying gases that could erupt under the sea and knock even a cruise ship out is also a possibility.

It's certainly food for thought.

You be the judge.

Phil.

Posted

Sinking ships, obviously gases released from under the ocean.

Planes gone missing, storms in that area develop fairly quickly, its easy to get caught up in one.

I have flew through Bermuda, I'm still here to tell the tale.

But do we know that you ar etelling the truth or just deceiving us into thinking there's nothing there...... :nonono:

Nimbilus...

I think, and I omitted to mention this that occurred in early June 2009, Air France flight 477 from Brazil to Paris flew into an unprecedented thunderstorm. Electrics and cockpit dials went beserk, then disappeared off radar minutes later. MCS was developing so the plane was surrounded by electromagnetic magnetivity. Now either lightning was a cause of the lethal crash, or as said in a sense... a magnetic block.

I'm not suggesting that this maybe the complete cause, but that area of Bermuda is notorious for storms and hurricanes. The ship theory with underlying gases that could erupt under the sea and knock even a cruise ship out is also a possibility.

You be the judge.

Phil.

But wasn't that much further South? I don't disagree about the storm, just the position. I thought it was much closer to the ITCZ and in mid Atlantic

Posted

Its the sock monster..... I have one that lives inside my washing machine............ :nonono:

Some of the ships/boats that have gone missing...

http://www.bermuda-triangle.org/html/lost_ships.html

I'm trying to find an article I have read a while ago that shows how some boats have been found with a new identity. It has strong links to the drugs trade.

I believe It's the teaspoon monster (I can't remove him from the bottom of my washing up bowl) He is breeding out of controll.

Edited by Chassisbot

Posted

Nimbilus...

You be the judge.

Phil.

What on earth has this got to do with the so called 'Bermuda Triangle'??? this crash happened 2000 miles away!!!

I really think, with all respect to the posters here that this thread needs to be put to bed......There is no mystery, there never has been, and regurgitating the same old stories/myths and posts isn't going to change this fact!

Posted

The mystery is boats,ships and aircraft and people on them have been lost, with no found cause, the mystery is these craft are missing in the same area of ocean, called..as the name, why a triangle? not a circle or square?

Posted

The mystery is boats,ships and aircraft and people on them have been lost, with no found cause, the mystery is these craft are missing in the same area of ocean, called..as the name, why a triangle? not a circle or square?

It would be a mystery if such things happened there, to any greater degree (air-traffic density properly accounted-for) than they happened everywhere else...The thing is, statistically speaking, there is nothing in need of any explanation.

Why bother explaining things that don't exist?

It would be a mystery if such things happened there, to any greater degree (air-traffic density properly accounted-for) than they happened everywhere else...The thing is, statistically speaking, there is nothing in need of any explanation.

Why bother explaining things that don't exist?

true,but would like to know where flight 19 ended up ditching in the end?