Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cheeky_monkey

League 1 & 2

Couldnt find the thread for leagues 1 & 2 here seems to be one for all other leagues inc non-league?

Anyway just heard the news that the Exeter City striker Adam Stansfield passed away at the age of 31 due to bowel cancer earlier this week.

Although i am West Ham fan, Exeter are my 2nd team as i lived many years in the city.

An ex sunday league player who made it into the professional ranks and helped Exeter back out of the non league and up into league 1..a real shame.

Very sad news about the Exeter City player. May he rest in peace.

Yes, tragic news. 31 is not an age to die. RIP.

Yes, I remember watching Cambridge United v Exeter in the Conference play-off final in 2008, a great talent Stansfield was and caused havoc to the Cambridge defence. RIP .

Pardew has been sacked by Southampton despite beating Bristol Rovers 4-0 on Saturday.

One word can only describe this and that is shocking, really is. Why are Football League chairman so impatient for? Pardew nearly got Southampton into the play off's despite a 10 point deduction and there board thinks a new manager will take the club forward.

I really hope they do terrible from here on in now and i hope Pardew will get a job in the championship or even the premier league!

Sacking the manager is not the answer, especially in this early stage in the season!

Did I see an Albion badge on here somewhere? Must be Brighton and Hove, my old team. Can't believe where they are at the moment, Gus doing a brilliant job. I remember going to the old Goldstone ground in 1950-51.

Did I see an Albion badge on here somewhere? Must be Brighton and Hove, my old team. Can't believe where they are at the moment, Gus doing a brilliant job. I remember going to the old Goldstone ground in 1950-51.

You may have seen Nick's West Brom badge, not a Seaweed Seagulls badge. pardon.gif

I wouldn't have picked out Brighton to be right at the top...then again, I wouldn't have thought we'd be 2nd the season after gaining promotion! It's quite an achievement for both of our South Coast clubs, and Southampton are letting the side down as usual! whistling.gif

Seaweed is obviously nutricious! Can't believe where we are at the moment, just waiting for the bubble to burst. All we need now is a new stadium. Up the Albion.:yahoo:

The saints are coming, back to the premiership within 3 years and above the fishy few, as for the Cherries, WHO?

The saints are coming, back to the premiership within 3 years and above the fishy few, as for the Cherries, WHO?

Oh no, not delusional Stains fans on here as well...

doh.gif

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

Good result for us today and takes us into the automatic promotion place (probably not for long though) :clap:

Well now. The Albion still 6 points clear but Southampton and Bournemouth 2 & 3rd. Don't remember that before.

Just read that Hutchings has been sacked as Walsall manager..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/walsall/9336732.stm

I feel sorry for Walsall fans, seeing their team rooted at the bottom of the table. With Bonser at the helm they are just going nowhere. Would be good to have another West Midlands side competing in the Championship, but it just isn't going to happen under the current regime.

Blimey, after so much happiness at the end of last year with a new chairman and not going bust, we just seem to be given more worries about our League 1 status! Worse form in the league currently and can't see it improving anytime soon. Very worrying times for us as owls atm!

Blimey, after so much happiness at the end of last year with a new chairman and not going bust, we just seem to be given more worries about our League 1 status! Worse form in the league currently and can't see it improving anytime soon. Very worrying times for us as owls atm!

It's a shame that your lot are running scared of the Derbies with the Blades. So scared that you're trying to get yourself relegated. :)

It's amazing stat that away from the FA cup neither Sheffield team has managed a win in the league since December. That's 11 games for the Blades and 9 for SWFC. During that time Wednesday have played nine men a couple of times and failed to win a few against ten and failed to win and United too have failed to beat ten men as well.

Wednesday do have the points in the bag unlike United though so they are the team most likely to escape.

Couldn't make a good team between us and I'm waiting for someone to pop up the idea of merging again.

The Seagulls march on. Eleven straight home wins is pretty impressive especially given the trials and tribulations of recent years. Looks almost certain that they will open their new state of the art Amex stadium in the Championship next season. Well done Gus. The Goldstone ground is becoming a distant memory. Could well be a south coast double with Southampton looking pretty good. Olez. Bournemouth appear to have blown it.

Worrying times for Plymouth: http://www.pafc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10364~2312161,00.html

As they are my second team, I hope people can help the club, but the future really is looking grim. :(

As Exeter city are my second team and they are local rivals, the fixtures are such that when they meet in 2 weeks time Exeter can send Plymouth down to League 2.

The Seagulls are flying high. No bin bags this morning. Quite impressive to gain promotion with a 16pt lead at the top. Perhaps they should consider staying at the Withdean rather than moving to the AMEX seeing as they accrued an astonishing 55 pts there this season. I wonder, a 100pts possible?

Winning eleven out of the last twelve games isn't a bad way to win the league. Well done Gus and the Seagulls. Looks like we may be playing West Ham next year in the new stadium.:whistling:

0,,10433%7E9365944,00.jpg

Winning eleven out of the last twelve games isn't a bad way to win the league. Well done Gus and the Seagulls. Looks like we may be playing West Ham next year in the new stadium.:whistling:

0,,10433%7E9365944,00.jpg

Yes well done to the seagulls. The new ground looks impressive - I see it when I walk the dogs on the downs. The biggest stand is the west stand which is designed to block out as much sunlight as possible at 3 o' clock.

So would I be correct in assuming that photo is looking from the SE? Many, many years ago (nearly 60) I used to live in Rottingdean so vaguely remember the area. Of course it's changed a bit since then. Used to go to the old Goldstone ground.

So would I be correct in assuming that photo is looking from the SE? Many, many years ago (nearly 60) I used to live in Rottingdean so vaguely remember the area. Of course it's changed a bit since then. Used to go to the old Goldstone ground.

The photo is taken from due east. The back of the West stand must face more towards southwest, which is better for blocking the sun at matchtime.