Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

With all these heat waves across the Northern Hemisphere, there have been some very high daytime maxima and night minima. Without doing too much research, i have read that in Sibi, Pakistan there was a minima of 37C(!) on 27th June 2010. Anyone know what the record high minima anywhere in the world is, or anything higher than 37C?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, snow in winter, wind in Autumn and rainbows in the spring!

With all these heat waves across the Northern Hemisphere, there have been some very high daytime maxima and night minima. Without doing too much research, i have read that in Sibi, Pakistan there was a minima of 37C(!) on 27th June 2010. Anyone know what the record high minima anywhere in the world is, or anything higher than 37C?

Death valley is a good culprit as is saudi arabia too.... epescially when the datime max are fast approaching 50C :)

Posted

37C must be pretty close. Try looking for records around the Persian Gulf, my bet would be around there.

Interestingly, i found a weather station located on one of the man made palm tree islands in Dubai! It's only been up for a couple of weeks, and the highest minima is 37.0C!

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=IDUBAIDU8&day=12&year=2010&month=3&graphspan=year

Edited by RAIN RAIN RAIN

40C at 6am in Iraq! The data is a bit sporadic, but that's not surprising.

http://www.wunderground.com/history/station/40637/2010/7/28/DailyHistory.html

Can't see a minima being much higher than 40C!

• 1 year later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy Winters and cool, wet Summers

Death valley is a good culprit as is saudi arabia too.... epescially when the datime max are fast approaching 50C mellow.gif

I'd be surprised if Death Valley was a good culprit - don't they have quite low minima considering it's a desert?