Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ratings Out Of Ten For The Summer So Far In Your Location!

Ratings Out Of Ten For The Summer So Far In Your Location!  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Out Of Ten What Would You Rate This Summer So Far At Your Location?

Posted
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme winter cold,heavy bowing snow,freezing fog.Summer 2012
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet

I may upgrade my score to a 1 if next week is wet and the FI northerly on GFS becomes a reality.

Lol, I thought you may be thinking of upgrading your score soon TM, Monday and Tuesday could be quite wet and that northerly is still there this morning, if anything it looks a little more robust on the 0z GFS.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, snow in winter, wind in Autumn and rainbows in the spring!

The weather was great May and June and then came along the summer hols for the children and then it all went downhill... been cool and at best damp.... horrible horrible horrible. BTW I live on the Isle of Skye.

Posted

The weather was great May and June and then came along the summer hols for the children and then it all went downhill... been cool and at best damp.... horrible horrible horrible. BTW I live on the Isle of Skye.

welcome L, hope you enjoy Net Wx and commiserations from those of us who have had a much better summer deal in terms of temperatures and rainfall, or rather lack of it. As I type the hosepipe is on trying to save some of my shrubs.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, snow in winter, wind in Autumn and rainbows in the spring!

welcome L, hope you enjoy Net Wx and commiserations from those of us who have had a much better summer deal in terms of temperatures and rainfall, or rather lack of it. As I type the hosepipe is on trying to save some of my shrubs.

Maybe I should bottle our water and sell it to all of you in the SE!...lol

We had 100mm of rainfall in 6 months, then we had 270mm in July!

Posted

I thought parts of Scotland already did L? Highland water is all the rage in parts of England. Mind you I doubt some of the southerners on our forum would accept that sunny donny is in the SE, I believe according to the Met O this part of the world is described as central northern England-long name for the middle bit really.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

This summer still gets an 8 from me. The sun has come out in the past few days and its remained warm, reaching 25c on Monday.

Posted

This summer still gets an 8 from me. The sun has come out in the past few days and its remained warm, reaching 25c on Monday.

I will tell my husband that one.. he used to live in Keyingham until 5 years ago! lol

Posted

Scores for summer:

June had 7/10 for being sunny, July 1/10 as it was very dull cool and wet, August so far gets 1/10 for being very dull, very cold (average high below 17C) and wet.

So the summer rating for here stands at 3/10.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

May and June - Excellent! 9/10

July - 0/10

August so far - 4/10

So I am downgrading my vote to 5.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Fairly poor August so far and Im beginning to think about a downgrade to 6 or 7. Not looking like 30C will be reached yet again IMBY and so another year passes!

I'll give it 6.5 (but I have put 6 in the poll, and 7 is not really an option. )

June was dry and bright or sunny. 8/10

July has been very disappointing indeed. 4 or 5/10

August has been pretty decent, 2 bad days so far, a lot more good days than that, and the other days have at least seen some sun, even with a few showers.

I'll give it a 7/10

Taking the overall summer to 7/10

The next few days fays look the best so far for August, but it may (will) turn weather unsettled after that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

On the strength of the fact that July was exceptionally cloudy and, so far, so has been August, I am forced to upgrade my zero score for the summer to a 1.

I was thinking of maybe a 2 as there was a gale in July but it was so brief, and occurred around midnight so I didn't even have the benefit of seeing it, so perhaps not.

With an almost complete absence ( here ) of heavy rainfall of any description, thunderstorms, gales, deep Atlantic depressions or exceptionally cool weather this has been one of the most tedious and uninteresting summers for many years. It will take something of the magnitude of a couple of ex-hurricanes to strike these shores during the process of rejuvination in the second half of August for my score to increase significantly.

Or perhaps a couple of air frosts and a brief fall of snow in the final week.

Edited by Terminal Moraine

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

If we're rating the months so far, I would give:

Jan 9/10

Feb 8/10

Mar 7/10

Apr 8/10

May 8/10

June 9/10

July 4/10

The first half of this year was pretty perfect for me even taking into account my changing preference from March onwards, though July was dull and wet, and August is looking like it will get a similar score.

Same here, the kids' holidays should be May & June. August hasn't been bad, pretty non-descript really. Average all the way so far. June was incredible though. A smashing month.

I gave a 4. Good start that went downhill very quickly. I think today was the first fully dry day since late June.

August hasn't been bad but not good either. June was an immense month, as good in summer terms as parts of winter were. If that makes sense.

Roll on another cracking winter :doh::)

(How's tricks anyway, I hope you and your brood are all fine :cc_confused:)

Posted

Same here, the kids' holidays should be May & June. August hasn't been bad, pretty non-descript really. Average all the way so far. June was incredible though. A smashing month.

August hasn't been bad but not good either. June was an immense month, as good in summer terms as parts of winter were. If that makes sense.

Roll on another cracking winter :doh::)

(How's tricks anyway, I hope you and your brood are all fine :cc_confused:)

Here's hoping for plenty of the white stuff later. June was indeed fine here, missed most of July as in Spain, but by all accounts not missed much.

Brood all fine, well rested and tanned. And yours? Hows wee bump catch?

Posted

May and June were two good months for me we had good temperatures for that time of year and also nice sunshine. However July we had a lot of cloudy days with showers and this has continued into this month.

Here's hoping for plenty of the white stuff later. June was indeed fine here, missed most of July as in Spain, but by all accounts not missed much.

Brood all fine, well rested and tanned. And yours? Hows wee bump catch?

Wee bump catch is now big bouncing happy baby BoyCatchIII. Looking forward to his first snowball fight :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

As much as I have moaned about the lack of rain, this Summer has been great so far. Plenty of sunshine (though slightly less this month), often warm but not excessively so, and plenty of days perfect to be out and about. I've given 9/10, would've been a ten had there been a couple more storms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

why is the UK as a whole getting such poor summers ridiculous since 2007 onwards.

Well in the final analysis it will have been a summer of 2 halves.

1st half terrific 2nd half the exact opposite.

Im saving up from next month and going abroad next year,ive just about had enough of wind and rain.The models this morning are awful,again.I hope la nina dies down for winter because i can see plenty more of this atlantic gunk through the winter and that would have me rushed off in a tellow van screaming i hate la nina,only the weather geeks like me would no what i was going on abouty.

lol

Posted

Owch! ECM has had a bit of a turnaround overnight for next week hasn't it? Was High pressure and settled weather 24 hours ago. The changes are not for the better either for those of us heading up towards the Norfolk coast. As for comments about it not being a good summer, well probably in the North and West of the country it hasn't been, in the South and South East up until about a week ago it was a very pleasant summer since late May, in fact too dry and over warm at times.

Not sure about that, here in 'sunny' Norfolk (ahem), it hasn't been summer for 3 weeks. In fact GPs thoughts on August into September in the technical thread have been spot on. Enjoy your trip....

In quite a few places May 23rd is still the warmest day of the year i know it is in edgbaston birmingham with 26.9C showing you it hasnt been that great of a summer for most as you would expect the highest temp in July or August.

In the midlands 27C has been the highest temp all year, i will now say very confidently no 28C+ will be recorded this year in the west midlands.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

5/10 overall so far... June was probably 8/10, July 5/10 for lack of sunshine, and August 2/10 for endless cloudy skies..

Posted

Probably down to a 4 now- although August has been somewhat sunnier than July (which had less than half the sunshine of April!) it's still been a mainly dull month, with only a couple of days I'd call mostly sunny, and on one of them there were showers in the afternoon. What's yet again been noticeable in August is the rarity of really warm temps- since 2004 it's been very hard to reach 25C, let alone 30, in August in these parts.