Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ratings Out Of Ten For The Summer So Far In Your Location!

Ratings Out Of Ten For The Summer So Far In Your Location!  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Out Of Ten What Would You Rate This Summer So Far At Your Location?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Overall 5/10 for Swansea...Some nice dry weather in the last few months, little rainfall, but now we are starting to see the horrible cloudy showery back. Last winter i give 10/10 for snow, ice and low temperatures.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Early summer good, more recently dull, not that warm and not enough wind to keep the wee flying a for pity's sakes down.

There's not even one of these crappy puerile filters on many national news sites these days. Grow up.

Edited by Hairy Celt

Early summer good, more recently dull, not that warm and not enough wind to keep the wee flying a for pity's sakes down.

There's not even one of these crappy puerile filters on many national news sites these days. Grow up.

Lettuceing laminate floors!!

Posted

5 overall- 7 for June, which was a reasonably dry, sunny warm month just let down by a few cool cloudy days in the second week and a lack of thunder. July gets a generous 3- absolute dross, but in a different way from 2007, 8 or 9. It seemed as dull as August 2008, with the mugginess of August 2004 but again a near total lack of thunder. The constant greyness was January-like at times.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Having had a recap on June and July I think July in Norwich gets 6.5, as I was deliberating whether to give it a 6 or a 7- I think it deserved more than a 6 because there were those localised downpours (so it wasn't devoid of excitement), it was only really the last week that was particularly dull, the third week was just so-so and the first fortnight was often hot & sunny.

Since June was always a "high 8" I've decided to award a half-point to that month as well, so it stands at 8.5/10. So Summer 2010 in Norwich currently stands at 7.5/10. However to say that it's been lucky with the geographical contrasts over the UK is an understatement.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

I think my 8/10 was spot on for the first half of summer but the second half is looking more like 5/10. Really need some sun to ripen all the tomatoes, etc I've got growing!

Posted

i gave 10 . Though on balance, maybe it should have been a 9 . A few thunderstorms would have been nice , i guess we still have all of August. But it's been a dry, warm , and sunny summer down here, lots of barbecues, warm evenings and sunny weekends so i am pretty pleased all round.

I also consider September to be a summer month in London and the South East ; certainly it has been this way for most of the last 10 years, so hopefully lots of great weather to come.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

I've given an overall score of six which is an average of 10/10 for June and 2/10 for July!!

I have given 5 as an average of 8 for June and 2 for July.

Posted

After Jimmyay's comment on summer including September, I would consider summer as May to September. Long bright days of May and warm short days of September.

I've rated the summer as 7/10 even here in North west England. Prompt start in May, great June, and welcome rain in July, and not cold (OK after June, July was a shock ).

Another survey at the end of September would prove interesting. A fair August and warm September may even add a further 2 points !

Edited by Sunny Android

I would now give it a 5 due to this seemingly unending overcast slightly below average spell.

Not sure how anybody can give this summer a 9 or a 10, i mean those kind of scores are reserved for classic summers like 1995/1976, this summer isn't anywhere as good.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I would now give it a 5 due to this seemingly unending overcast slightly below average spell.

Not sure how anybody can give this summer a 9 or a 10, i mean those kind of scores are reserved for classic summers like 1995/1976, this summer isn't anywhere as good.

Perhaps those who don't particularly like the long, sweaty, uncomfortable days that a heatwave brings might like this summer?

Posted

I suppose it all depends how you quantify the summer. Mind you I only gave it a 7 (and after 12 hours of rain today I wonder why ):lol:

Pure heat and blistering sunshine may be too much whilst trying to enjoy the outdoors !

Also, did 76 kick in late June and nothing after late August once the rains started ?

Posted

Summer?? Im still waiting for it to start.. total washout here again. think the west has been the worst while the east has been very sunny and hot. UNLIKE here COLD< CLOUDY and WET.. I gave it a 4 as it started out OK at the end of may into june but after that its been downhill.. Shame as we have such a beautiful coastline :lol:

kaz

Posted

Doesnt look like summer making a comeback here, the leaves have started the fall in some areas here, can you believe that!

Posted

First day with appreciable rain here for a couple of months, but still been a great summer.

Spectacular rainbow in South London this evening - feels good to be alive!

Posted

Well nice start, but for the past 5 weeks, we've seen no sunshine in this part of the country, so its gotta be a 4/10! No sign of any improvement either from what I can gather. It bugs me to see those housemates sunbathing in the Big Brother house all the time, when its so cloudy here! lol

Posted

i measly 2 here ,we had a good start ,but since the 1st of july we,ve had 1 nice day with the rest just endless cloudy skies,if the weather had been similar all over England i could have gone with a 5

but the fact that BLOODY LONDON !! has been bathed in glorious weather yet again has really soured me,so it,s a 2 and nothing more ,i feel another depresion coming on !!

Perhaps those who don't particularly like the long, sweaty, uncomfortable days that a heatwave brings might like this summer?

This is one reason I gave June 10/10. It was never really that hot but more a consistent warmth that stayed and stayed. The highest daily maximum here in June was 24C yet we had an average daily maximum of 20.6C. June 2010 is statistically one of the best summer months in decades and this was achieved by consistency rather than a week of extreme heat and three weeks of dross.

June 2010 was one of the best summer months I have ever experienced.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

I may upgrade my score to a 1 if next week is wet and the FI northerly on GFS becomes a reality.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

A solid 6 here in Heybrook Bay near Plymouth

A lovely June has led to a dispointing July, but having had the boat out a week ago enough to get a suntan, that tips it up from a 5 for me!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

i measly 2 here ,we had a good start ,but since the 1st of july we,ve had 1 nice day with the rest just endless cloudy skies,if the weather had been similar all over England i could have gone with a 5

but the fact that BLOODY LONDON !! has been bathed in glorious weather yet again has really soured me,so it,s a 2 and nothing more ,i feel another depresion coming on !!

Hey, it hasn't been so great here in the past month either! June down here was excellent though, very sunny and dry, mean max of over 24C and for 3 weeks we were on a run of 25C+ days...

July has actually been pretty poor apart from the first week. It has been dry and warm (mean max 24C and only 8mm rain - 18% of the norm!) but it has been very cloudy which has ruined it. I would class July as 'good' for London, but nothing better than that as the higher mean temperature came from consistent slightly above average max's and min's. July was definately great here compared to northern parts of the UK, but for this area I would class it as good and no better.

Edited by robthefool

Posted

I'll give it 5 (verging on 6) here so far. 2007-2009 I'd rate 2, 2, and 3 respectively.

Still time for 2010 to pull itself up!

PhilA